PS4 Pro vs PS4 Slim? - An Impatient Gamer

So while I feel like the obvious answer should just straight up be the Pro, all the PS4 Pro's in my area seem to be sold out and I'm.... somewhat of an impatient person lol. There's tons of PS4 slims in stock in my area and they all come bundled with a game. Should I wait for the Pro's to come back in stock or just get a PS4 slim and save over 100 dollars? (I live in NY, taxes suck). 

Things to add:

I don't have a 4K TV, I was mainly interested in the PS4 Pro's new "Boost Mode" option to gives games more FPS when they're just being played in 1080p. I AM currently for the most part a PC and Xbox Gamer but I am not biased towards any companies overall, so that'll most likely change and even out once I actually get the PS4. Point is, I don't actually care too much about graphics on my console games, but if I can make the FPS a little better then why not? 

this seems like a question only you can answer tbh. i don't know anything about the boost mode and how well it works so i would probably suggest looking into that and making a decision accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

this seems like a question only you can answer tbh. i don't know anything about the boost mode and how well it works so i would probably suggest looking into that and making a decision accordingly. 

I already know about it, there's quite a few YouTube videos on it already. 

14 minutes ago, MeesterJackson said:

So while I feel like the obvious answer should just straight up be the Pro, all the PS4 Pro's in my area seem to be sold out and I'm.... somewhat of an impatient person lol. There's tons of PS4 slims in stock in my area and they all come bundled with a game. Should I wait for the Pro's to come back in stock or just get a PS4 slim and save over 100 dollars? (I live in NY, taxes suck). 

Things to add:

I don't have a 4K TV, I was mainly interested in the PS4 Pro's new "Boost Mode" option to gives games more FPS when they're just being played in 1080p. I AM currently for the most part a PC and Xbox Gamer but I am not biased towards any companies overall, so that'll most likely change and even out once I actually get the PS4. Point is, I don't actually care too much about graphics on my console games, but if I can make the FPS a little better then why not? 

100% ps4 pro, the fact that you can run at 1080p with higher and more consistent fps makes it a no brainier for me, especially if its going to be your primary gaming machine 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

100% ps4 pro, the fact that you can run at 1080p with higher and more consistent fps makes it a no brainier for me, especially if its going to be your primary gaming machine 

Well, it's not going to be my primary gaming machine. If you read the post you'd see that I own multiple systems lol. But thank you for your input. 

Just now, MeesterJackson said:

I already know about it, there's quite a few YouTube videos on it already. 

then i'm not sure how anyone here can help you make a decision like that. i mean whether it is worth the extra money or wait is very much about you and what you value. i mean someone can tell you what they would do and if they think it is worth but in the end it other than that i'm not sure the type of answers you are looking for, 

VR? pretty sure pro would be better at VR but I dont have one to confirm that for you

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

VR? pretty sure pro would be better at VR but I dont have one to confirm that for you

I'm not really into VR tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

then i'm not sure how anyone here can help you make a decision like that. i mean whether it is worth the extra money or wait is very much about you and what you value. i mean someone can tell you what they would do and if they think it is worth but in the end it other than that i'm not sure the type of answers you are looking for, 

...Everyone seems to have no problem with helping me and answering my question. lol 

TBH you are not going to see that big of a difference when you game, and since this isn't going to be your primary machine I would say save dat money. What games are you planning on playing btw?

Just now, Himommies said:

Switch

No freaking way I am switching to switch, I just puked writing this X(

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Switch

Sure... on Black Friday because the console isn't worth 300 dollars. 

1 minute ago, NinjaX said:

No freaking way I am switching to switch, I just puked writing this X(

Lol then definitley the Pro.4k is great

My life

Google a bit more about the ps4's boost mode. because generally Boost mode is a hit-and-miss. it can improve performance a bit, or it won't. sometimes games perform worse with boost mode on. 

the ps4 pro is worth it if you have a 4k tv. since you don't, it already lost a bit of its value over the OG ps4. while devs can decide not to get into the 4k hype and develop their games for 1080p 60fps, it isn't a guarantee. 

HOWEVER. it seems like the Pro is allowing devs to have settings similar to the PC, where you can change whether you want to run at 4k, 1080p with higher FPS, etc. and in tow the OG ps4 may receive similar settings, but not as expansive as the Pro, because the Pro is more powerful than the OG ps4. 

Case in point: this doesn't mean the Pro games are different from the OG ps4. they use the exact same assets, just at higher visual fidelity. 

3 hours ago, MeesterJackson said:

"4K"

there are some games that actually render at full 4K. 

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/PS4_Pro_Game_Upgrades_and_Differences

I opted for a PS4 Slim Glacier White yesterday.

My reasons :

1. I don't have a 4k TV

2. I'm content with playing exclusives that doesn't need all those bells and whistles

3. I have a PC that's decent enough for other non-exclusive games. So PS4 Pro's 4k isn't that enticing for me

4. Cheaper variant, but still able to play PS4 games. Only difference is visual fidelity. Not so much on FPS. IMO, visual fidelity on PS4 Slim VS PRO is not that much different. If it was, then I can still live with it. It's not like I'm seeing black blots and the others are seeing Machiavelli Paintings.

5. Gonna use it for exclusives only. 

BONUS REASON : It also came with a free black DS4 V2 Controller and 1 free game.

IMO, it will all depend on your contentment and projected usage of your PS4. 

On 3/19/2017 at 4:14 PM, MeesterJackson said:

Things to add:

If you have the money, and can wait, then sure, pickup a PS4 Pro. Otherwise it's not worth it IMO, since you've already stated you don't have a 4K TV, and are primarily using it for exclusives, and don't care much for the visual fidelity because you've already got a high end PC for other games. Basically, you just described the very reason I didn't even bother waiting for a PS4 Pro and just picked up a regular PS4 in December 2015. (However, I made sure to buy the model with physical buttons, since touch buttons on consoles are absolutely retarded.)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)