Help finding an android emulator

x Princess Leliana x

I tgried andyroid first, that had shitty performance, popup ads every 30 seconds, and tried to install bloatware. Then I tried bluestacks which was perfect for a few days. But now it is refusing to let me do anything unless I pay money, or download a bunch of bloatware. Is there an emulator out there that just lets me fucking use it?

Use Android X86 in VIrtualBox, or install it natively on your computer. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, L.Lawliet said:

Download the newest version of Bluestack. it wont ask u to download ads apps.

But it will pop ups some ads under the bluestack emu dont worry it wont bother u at all, u dont need to close it in order to continue.

If bluestack ask u to download apps in order to use it again just do what she want when she prompt " app will be downloaded "
Go to task manager and end process tree for the bluestack process (any) and then re-open it again.

U can continue using it without downloading those annoying piece of schiits.

If that occur just repeat.

Its more a matter of principle. Im not using something that tries to ransom me. I already had a ton of ads on the bottom of bluestacks, and lived with them. This is just one step too far, the only other program ive seen ransom the user like that is a fucking virus

6 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Use Android X86 in VIrtualBox, or install it natively on your computer. 

I dont know how to do that.

Just now, fordaov3rlord said:

I dont know how to do that.

Do you have VirtualBox?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I dont know what that is

It is free virtualization software. Here's how to get and install it:

1: Google VirtualBox and download it.

2: Go HERE and download what version of Android you want (should get you an ISO).

3: Install Android on a virtual hard drive (not hard to setup).

4: Android should run when you start the virtual machine. 

4 minutes ago, fordaov3rlord said:

I dont know what that is

VirtualBox is an Oracle software that allows for your PC to host virtual machines. Many of us PC users use it to host Linux-like OS or other versions of Windows. Its a great software.

If you have Windows 10 Pro, you have Microsoft Hyper-V which is another great free virtualization software.

But I would also look at Android Studio's website. I think this might be built into Android Studio, but not sure since I haven't used it.

https://developer.android.com/studio/run/emulator.html

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

It is free virtualization software. Here's how to get and install it:

1: Google VirtualBox and download it.

2: Go HERE and download what version of Android you want (should get you an ISO).

3: Install Android on a virtual hard drive (not hard to setup).

4: Android should run when you start the virtual machine. 

But that sounds complicated, isn't an emulator better? it has all the stuff right there, plus is more optimised for pc use than a straight download would be

That is not ransom..Bluestack is not a FREEWARE.

Thats why u need to support the DEV by downloading apps so they can get paid.

If u appreciate what they done just buy the license to support them.

If u are not then make your own emulator or download an open source android emu like andy,geny motion or Koplayer.

Making such a program is not easy,imagine how much time and effort they spend on optimizing it.

For $2 bucks a month hell its pretty cheap.

But with VirtualBox and other stuff, it's pretty damn expensive for what you do get. 

That is not ransom..Bluestack is not a FREEWARE.

Thats why u need to support the DEV by downloading apps so they can get paid.

If u appreciate what they done just buy the license to support them.

If u are not then make your own emulator or download an open source android emu like andy,geny motion or Koplayer.

Making such a program is not easy,imagine how much time and effort they spend on optimizing it.

For $2 bucks a month hell its pretty cheap.

It is a ransom. They already have a shit ton of ads EVERYWHERE.  I can only excuse you're a devloper of the app if you're defending them like that, in which case, go fuck yourself.

But that sounds complicated, isn't an emulator better? it has all the stuff right there, plus is more optimised for pc use than a straight download would be

It's not complicated. VIrtualBox is one of the most easy to use softwares around. I find it has better performance (at least with Android, as that's what you need) than emulators. 

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

It's not complicated. VIrtualBox is one of the most easy to use softwares around. I find it has better performance (at least with Android, as that's what you need) than emulators. 

yeah but, if its a straight download of android. wouldnt it be hard to use compared to a pc optimised emulator?

yeah but, if its a straight download of android. wouldnt it be hard to use compared to a pc optimised emulator?

No. It will give you a completely open version of Android with no weird skins or whatever. Once setup, you launch VirtualBox and choose start. That's all you have to do. 

1 minute ago, fordaov3rlord said:

If you want an "emulator", use Android Studios. Otherwise, a virtual environment will give you the same feel. It's not complicated. If you're programming Android Apps, then installing and setting up VirtualBox is super easy. Literally download and install VirtualBox. Download the ISO of Android. Then set up your virtual machine and run. Without download times, setup takes 5 minutes or less. If you've got time for Facebook, you've got time for VirtualBox.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

If you want an "emulator", use Android Studios. Otherwise, a virtual environment will give you the same feel. It's not complicated. If you're programming Android Apps, then installing and setting up VirtualBox is super easy. Literally download and install VirtualBox. Download the ISO of Android. Then set up your virtual machine and run. Without download times, setup takes 5 minutes or less. If you've got time for Facebook, you've got time for VirtualBox.

dont use facebook haha. All I want is to be able to play a few mobile games, which would be better for that purpose?

dont use facebook haha. All I want is to be able to play a few mobile games, which would be better for that purpose?

An Android phone?

Nah $2 a month is cheap for me..

And uhh i never knew virtual box can run android.. i thought it can only run windows and linux.

Android has been ported to X86 for YEARS now, and $2 a month can be pretty expensive for some people, especially when the software has already managed to leave a bitter taste in one's mouth about using it. 

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Nah $2 a month is cheap for me..

And uhh i never knew virtual box can run android.. i thought it can only run windows and linux.

VirtualBox will run nearly anything that is a legitimate operating system.

I can afford $2 a month as well, but why would I pay when there are legitimate "free" options, such as Android Studio, VirtualBox, and Hyper-V to name 3 free tried, trusted, and true options.

1 minute ago, fordaov3rlord said:

Cant afford one, plus I like my auto clicker on pc.

I think you can play some if you have Google Chrome, depending on the game you want to play of course. That part is pretty simple. There are also some free games on Steam and what-not.

VirtualBox will run nearly anything that is a legitimate operating system.

I can afford $2 a month as well, but why would I pay when there are legitimate "free" options, such as Android Studio, VirtualBox, and Hyper-V to name 3 free tried, trusted, and true options.

Which woul;d you recommend then? Since all I want to do is play games, and not develop or anything

I think you can play some if you have Google Chrome, depending on the game you want to play of course. That part is pretty simple. There are also some free games on Steam and what-not.

oh no I have all that. I just want an emulator to be able to play other games should I want to, and to use a few mobile only apps.

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

But question is that will are they optimized?

Well idk about that but people nowadays made like more than $1000 a month so..

Just stop with the money. Some people can't/don't/won't pay that much. 
Android X86 has been really well optimized for years now.