Noctua airflow optimized fans or included static pressure fans on Corsair H100i v2?

A few months ago, I bought some Noctua NF-S12 fans with no intention of water cooling in the future. I also had a different case then, which is why I bought 120mm fans. 

The Noctuas are super quiet, which is very important to me because I use my computer primarily for music production.

But, my CPU temps have getting uncomfortably high with the stock fan on my 6700, so I ordered a H100i v2. I'm also moving to a new setup where my PC is going to be on my desk, and I want it to look nice. Therefore I opted for a bit of an overkill option.

I understand that I can achieve the best performance with static pressure fans on my radiator, and these Noctua fans are definitely airflow optimized. The fans were pretty expensive, though! Should I ditch them in favor or the included static pressure fans? Does anyone have any experience with how loud the included fans are?

My advice is to cancel your H100i order and get a Noctua NH-D15, it is considerably quieter than the H100i and comes with Noctua Fans :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

My advice is to cancel your H100i order and get a Noctua NH-D15, it is considerably quieter than the H100i and comes with Noctua Fans :D

I think he should keep his current order as he already got it. Now to your point I would keep these fans that are included and do some testing and see how they go and if you feel they are to to loud try out the noctua and see if anything changes.

Static Pressure optimized fans would be the better choice. If you're looking for something quite, see what Noctua has for SP fans, and look at EK Vardar SP fans, as those are pretty damn quiet.

Airflow fans will have more trouble pushing air through a radiator.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

H100i v2 fans aren't exacly quiet... I would say just slap the noctua fans on it, it can't be that bad tbh :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

8 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The H100i literally just arrived xD

I guess I'll do some testing

6 minutes ago, Jay917536 said:

I think he should keep his current order as he already got it. Now to your point I would keep these fans that are included and do some testing and see how they go and if you feel they are to to loud try out the noctua and see if anything changes.

Yeah that's what I'll do, can't hurt

Just now, zfrnz said:

The H100i literally just arrived xD

I guess I'll do some testing

Test it and if you think that it is too loud return it, no biggie :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

6 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Static Pressure optimized fans would be the better choice. If you're looking for something quite, see what Noctua has for SP fans, and look at EK Vardar SP fans, as those are pretty damn quiet.

Airflow fans will have more trouble pushing air through a radiator.

Yeah the static pressure fans would perform better, but I don't really want to buy any more fans! :D

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Test it and if you think that it is too loud return it, no biggie :D

Thanks! That's the plan

9 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

H100i v2 fans aren't exacly quiet... I would say just slap the noctua fans on it, it can't be that bad tbh :P

Yeah lol anything's probably better than the stock heatsink :D

9 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

They aren't exactly loud with a half assed curve either.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 hours ago, zfrnz said:

A few months ago, I bought some Noctua NF-S12 fans with no intention of water cooling in the future. I also had a different case then, which is why I bought 120mm fans. 

The Noctuas are super quiet, which is very important to me because I use my computer primarily for music production.

But, my CPU temps have getting uncomfortably high with the stock fan on my 6700, so I ordered a H100i v2. I'm also moving to a new setup where my PC is going to be on my desk, and I want it to look nice. Therefore I opted for a bit of an overkill option.

I understand that I can achieve the best performance with static pressure fans on my radiator, and these Noctua fans are definitely airflow optimized. The fans were pretty expensive, though! Should I ditch them in favor or the included static pressure fans? Does anyone have any experience with how loud the included fans are?

I wouldn't worry too much. The S12A will probably give you around 1-3°C higher temps as comprared to pressure optimised fans. Not such a big deal. The 1200rpm max speed of the S12A's (assuming you've got the PWM or FLX version) is somewhat low for use on radiators though.