Sufficient Radiator?

Currently working on a "no compromises" ITX build in a small form factor case (CaseLabs Bullet BH7). I am working to start a build log soon but basically I am running a full GPU/CPU custom loop in this case and it has been a headache but it's what I expected. I am able to fit a 240 38mm Rad mounted to the top of the case and a 120 30mm Rad on the front. I'm about to scrap the 120 radiator because it won't fit with a 1080ti without case modding. Will the single 240 38mm radiator cool a 1080ti and a ryzen 7 1800x sufficiently? They are both new and I'm not familiar with how their temps compare to previous chips. 

I understand that overclocking is probably out of the question with such a minimal loop. This PC will be a workstation for video/photo editing, object oriented programming, and some gaming on the side. I also plan on looking into 3D printing in the future. 

Will the radiator handle it? Thanks!

57 minutes ago, azemuno said:

Currently working on a "no compromises" ITX build in a small form factor case (CaseLabs Bullet BH7). I am working to start a build log soon but basically I am running a full GPU/CPU custom loop in this case and it has been a headache but it's what I expected. I am able to fit a 240 38mm Rad mounted to the top of the case and a 120 30mm Rad on the front. I'm about to scrap the 120 radiator because it won't fit with a 1080ti without case modding. Will the single 240 38mm radiator cool a 1080ti and a ryzen 7 1800x sufficiently? They are both new and I'm not familiar with how their temps compare to previous chips. 

I understand that overclocking is probably out of the question with such a minimal loop. This PC will be a workstation for video/photo editing, object oriented programming, and some gaming on the side. I also plan on looking into 3D printing in the future. 

Will the radiator handle it? Thanks!

that is a lot of heat to put out through a 240mm rad, it may be possible but it would require very high fan speeds (i'd think 3000rpm+) and the water temps would still probably be getting close to the max so your component temps would suffer.  Nobody wants to see a watercooled gpu hitting 65°c :/

I'm not extremely familiar with the case, how much work is it to get that extra 120 in?  Even the 120 with a slim fan would be better than not having it at all

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

22 minutes ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

that is a lot of heat to put out through a 240mm rad, it may be possible but it would require very high fan speeds (i'd think 3000rpm+) and the water temps would still probably be getting close to the max so your component temps would suffer.  Nobody wants to see a watercooled gpu hitting 65°c :/

I'm not extremely familiar with the case, how much work is it to get that extra 120 in?  Even the 120 with a slim fan would be better than not having it at all

I really wouldn't feel good about running a solo 240 of that's the case. 

There are very few builds of this case and only a couple liquid cooled which is why I thought it would be awesome to see how much I can pack in this thing. 

I would have to only modify the fan tray holding the radiator in on the front of the case. That would give me enough clearance to squeeze in the 120mm radiator and fan. But it would literally be touching the GPU. 

I have thought of getting the mini 1080 instead of the 1080ti so I could run the radiator with no problems. But oh the 1080ti looks so good. ?

12 hours ago, azemuno said:

Currently working on a "no compromises" ITX build in a small form factor case (CaseLabs Bullet BH7).

ITX build in a case that can handle E-ATX? You sure you are not talking about the BH2?

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

6 hours ago, OddsCrazyStuff said:

ITX build in a case that can handle E-ATX? You sure you are not talking about the BH2?

Sorry I meant to say ATX*. Putting an E-ATX would cover so much room for routing tubes and cables I don't see it being a good idea in this case. 

7 minutes ago, azemuno said:

Sorry I meant to say ATX*. Putting an E-ATX would cover so much room for routing tubes and cables I don't see it being a good idea in this case. 

So you bought a full size case for $230 that cant handle more than one 240mm rad in a rig you want to custom cool? Bad choice my friend

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

Would you have room for the 120mm if you used a slim fan? (12mm Instead of 25mm)

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

4 hours ago, Moress said:

So you bought a full size case for $230 that cant handle more than one 240mm rad in a rig you want to custom cool? Bad choice my friend

Who wants to build an easy computer? That's boring. :D

3 hours ago, 0ld_Chicken said:

Would you have room for the 120mm if you used a slim fan? (12mm Instead of 25mm)

After thinking all day I've come up with a solution. I am going to get a hole cut in the bottom panel of the case and mount the 120mm radiator there. I may swap out the rads for 60mm thick rads instead. That should provide enough heat dissipation. There is enough room to fit a full 240 rad down there but it would take some nifty mounting. I'll start a build log soon to better document the process. Thanks for the help man!

1 hour ago, azemuno said:

After thinking all day I've come up with a solution. I am going to get a hole cut in the bottom panel of the case and mount the 120mm radiator there. I may swap out the rads for 60mm thick rads instead. That should provide enough heat dissipation. There is enough room to fit a full 240 rad down there but it would take some nifty mounting. I'll start a build log soon to better document the process. Thanks for the help man!

Nice, if you can fit another 240 then go for it!  A fat 120 and 240 should probably be ok if it is all you can reasonably fit, it may still require some serious fan speeds though.  Tag me in the build log if you remember!  It's really hard to see all of them and i always miss a bunch :) 

3 hours ago, azemuno said:

I mean, you could just cut the entire top off of the case and weld in a 360x360mm rad. Now thats a pc i wanna see

In case you didn't know they existed.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/phobya-xtreme-supernova-1260-radiator-full-copper.html

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED