Help me choose the best PSU.I plan to game 6-8 hours per day

Kumar priyadarshi

This is my setup.help me choose the best safe PSU.I plan to heavy game 6-8 Hours per day and also dont want to Burn my house.Suggest me best Psu for this setup.Money is no bar.I later plan to upgrade ram and To i5 or i7 with a 1060 or 1070 

pentium G4560 

8 gb DDR4 ram

MSI GTX 1050ti OC

Msi H110M PRO-VH MOBO

CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC 01  

WD 1 TB BLUE HDD.

DELL S2216H 1080P MONITOR

dragon war gaming key+mouse combo

3 minutes ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

This is my setup.help me choose the best safe PSU.I plan to heavy game 6-8 Hours per day and also dont want to Burn my house.Suggest me best Psu for this setup.Money is no bar.I later plan to upgrade ram and To i5 or i7 with a 1060 or 1070 

anything from tier 1,2 or 3

Just now, CUDA_Cores said:

i thought corsair vs was shit or is it a new one?  i do see gray label

SeaSonic, CXM (grey ones), EVGA, G2, B2. 

14 minutes ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

I plan to heavy game with Pentium G4560

Which games are you planning to play?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

14 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Yes, judging by toms hardware people say those PSUs are not very good. Although for a system as low-power as his, it'll be fine. In fact the system he has could probably run totally fine on a crappy dell PSU. Although the seasonic PSU would allow him to upgrade his system further. 

to OP, get the seasonic one if you plan to upgrade later. But the corsair PSU will work fine for his system if he wants to save a few bucks.

I looked at psu tier list of our forum

I would always advise to get a good PSU, that's capable of not using fan to a certain temp or %power as well if you want a more "silent" build. So if you have a system that would draw around 200 watts, I would go for a 450, 300 watts 650 etc and get a reliable brand like EVGA that comes with a good warranty of 7/10 years, works out much cheaper if you're spreading the cost of it through that many years of usage or several builds. My PSU hasn't spun up it's fan yet since I've had it, and I know my PSU is overkill for my system, but I also know I will re-use this PSU in at least several more builds as this is my main PSU, if I keep this build, I will put my second best PSU into this case when I make a new main PC build.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 hour ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

pentium G4560 

8 gb DDR4 ram

MSI GTX 1050ti OC

Msi H110M PRO-VH MOBO

CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC 01  

WD 1 TB BLUE HDD.

Where are you from exactly? I know you aren't from the NA, as you was looking at the Corsair VS650 in another thread. Would it be correct of me to assume that you are from India from your name? I'm asking because certain countries' availability and pricing my differ a lot, and I don't want to simply recommend something that you can't get.

If you are from India, I would recommend the Cooler Master GXII Storm Edition 550w if you can get it here.

https://www.theitdepot.com/details-Cooler+Master+Storm+Edition+GXII+550W+Power+Supply+(RS550-ACAAB3-UK)_C14P26791.html

2 hours ago, Kumar priyadarshi said:

pentium G4560 

8 gb DDR4 ram

MSI GTX 1050ti OC

Msi H110M PRO-VH MOBO

CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC 01  

WD 1 TB BLUE HDD.

You could get by with a fairly cheap PSU for your system. As others have asked, where are you from? India is probably my best assumption. I don't know your budget but judging by the specs of the system you're building, an expensive PSU is probably A. Not in the budget and B. Not really necessary.

https://www.flipkart.com/corsair-smps-cx500-500-watts-psu/p/itmdzasggssybnqg?pid=PSUD5XZ4CEUXM4GH&srno=s_1_23&otracker=search&lid=LSTPSUD5XZ4CEUXM4GHCOJARH&qH=eea50d8c028a5405

I found this. Does it fit your budget?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||