GTX670 TriSLi to R9 290 xfire watercooled

OntarioTL

I would have just kept the trisli. You didnt get that much more performance....

It's not just the numbers that I go by, but viewing the smoothness of the framerate especially the jump in minimum framerates was well worth it. Before I could only do about medium settings on BF4 multiplayer to be smooth on the TriSLi. Now I can do ultra settings for a nice gaming experience with the 290's in xfire. And even Star Citizen hanger was so much a game changer for me.

And I didn't get that much more performance? You do see I'm comparing 3 cards vs 2 cards right?

It's not just the numbers that I go by, but viewing the smoothness of the framerate especially the jump in minimum framerates was well worth it. Before I could only do about medium settings on BF4 multiplayer to be smooth on the TriSLi. Now I can do ultra settings for a nice gaming experience with the 290's in xfire. And even Star Citizen hanger was so much a game changer for me.

And I didn't get that much more performance? You do see I'm comparing 3 cards vs 2 cards right?

Some people only come into a thread read one post, and respond.....badly.

I like the jumps in performance you had, pretty nice for the lower end of the scale stability, and then across all areas too :)

Compute performance advantage alone....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So... what are you going to do with those GTX? ¬¬

Selling them

Selling them

How much? I am making a build for my friend

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

• 3 weeks later...

That is freaking awesome. I want to replace my 7970 with a watercooled 290.

This inspires me.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Are yo mining bitcoins are litecoins with this monster ?

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.