Microsoft Auctioning off White Xbox One

EChondo

I wouldn't take an Xbox One if I was paid, so I sure as hell am not going to spend 11 thousand dollars on it!  

I am tempted to bid just to get on this action....

I'm sure later on modders will build white Xbox One shells.

lol those 0 and 1 feedback bids

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I would buy the hell out of that. But white never works out for anything except paper. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

why is the kinect still black?

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Nothing in there even suggests that Microsoft is auctioning anything, it's the dude that managed to get one that is holding the auction.

People are going nuts, I mean its not like its the only one in existence >_>

They sold one in England for 5,000 ponds ($10,000 usd) 

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Nothing in there even suggests that Microsoft is auctioning anything, it's the dude that managed to get one that is holding the auction.

Larry Hyrb, AKA Major Nelson(you know, the Director of Programming for the Microsoft gaming network Xbox Live) is auctioning it off.

Sure, Microsoft isn't directly auctioning it off, but one of their employees is.

Because no one uses it anyway.

Cough* NSA *Cough

こんにちは, まだ学習漢字 ;)

Cough* NSA *Cough

I see it just like the Wii. It's a nice toy for a little while, but it will get old within a month and it'll just sit there collecting dust. Sure you'll still use it for voice commands and hand gestures, but even then you're not using it to its full potential.

Larry Hyrb, AKA Major Nelson(you know, the Director of Programming for the Microsoft gaming network Xbox Live) is auctioning it off.

Sure, Microsoft isn't directly auctioning it off, but one of their employees is.

That means Microsoft has nothing to do with it. The white xboxes were given to the employees and he's auctioning his.

Its only about 12k... Imagine the type of rig you can build with 12k.

I imagine you could get a white casing made up for a lot less than $12k too :lol:

Its currently at $11,300.00 which is pretty expensive but it is great that this is for charity. Wonder if anyone is going to mod their black xbox one to a white one by painting the exterior. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Its currently at $11,300.00 which is pretty expensive but it is great that this is for charity. Wonder if anyone is going to mod their black xbox one to a white one by painting the exterior. :)

Lol, that was me when I was 12, let's just say paint on the internals doesn't bode well for performance

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150