Build Upgrade Help

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

1. PSU is not a good purchase imo

2. An i5 is still fine for games tbh, I'd get a newer GPU first

3. You can add an SSD too

Hi , i need some help decideing to upgrade in the future for my build , i think my build is fine but if there is anything wrong with it , can u please point it out and tell me a good solution for it?

This Is my Build

GPU = AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390

CPU = Intel I5-4590 3.30 GHz

PSU = EVGA SupernovaNEX 650G

RAM = 16Gb GSKILL

MotherBoard = Z87-GD65 GAMING

HardDrive = WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB , 2 Years old.

Monitor = Hp Pavilion 22bw 60H

Case = RAIDMAX Horus ATX

I would like to Upgrade the CPU later on and as for PSU , I recently got it and tell me if its a good purchase for my build , or need something stronger

What are using it for?

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

2 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

What are using it for?

What am i using my build for? Just mostly gaming , Example: Battle Field Games , Arma Series , H1Z1 , Crysis 3 , and Call of Duty Franchise , etc

1 minute ago, GrimReapez said:

What am i suing my build for? Just mostly gaming , Example: Battle Field Games , Arma Series , H1Z1 , Crysis 3 , and Call of Duty Franchise , etc

SSD for sure, it will  blow your mind

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Do you think My PSU is really bad for my Build? And will it hinder My performance?

Just now, GrimReapez said:

Do you think My PSU is really bad for my Build? And will it hinder My performance?

I'd ask @STRMfrmXMN for this

Just now, Damascus said:

SSD for sure, it will  blow your mind

Got any good SSD in Mind,? ill gain the money later down the road , so price wise just keep it simple or a Great Steal if u can Find one!

What am i suing my build for? Just mostly gaming , Example: Battle Field Games , Arma Series , H1Z1 , Crysis 3 , and Call of Duty Franchise , etc

If you're planning to upgrade the CPU later I would probably get an SSD for now

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

To be fair I would say the CPU is due an upgrade before the GPU, the only real upgrade for it is gonna be 1070 +

480,1060 just aren't worth the small increase

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Got any good SSD in Mind,? ill gain the money later down the road , so price wise just keep it simple or a Great Steal if u can Find one!

a 850 pro or 850 evo will do nicely.  Another great option is the MX300 by crucial

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

If you're planning to upgrade the CPU later I would probably get an SSD for now

To be fair I would say the CPU is due an upgrade before the GPU, the only real upgrade for it is gonna be 1070 +

480,1060 just aren't worth the small increase

I mean I know an i5 will bottleneck a 1070 in some games but not that majority of games will hold him back. Though an i7 would be nice I guess, he can get a 4770k/4790k and oc it since he has a z97

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I mean I know an i5 will bottleneck a 1070 in some games but not that majority of games will hold him back. Though an i7 would be nice I guess, he can get a 4770k/4790k and oc it since he has a z97

Id just sit on it and wait for Ryzen 3/5 and see if the platform gets its gaming performance fixed. I'm assuming OP is playing 1080P, the GPU is fine for that for sure.

Ryzen Ram Guide

3 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

is my I5 , Bottle Necking my current gpu?

you should let us know of any difficulties you are having at the present. the system doesn't look too bad.

is my I5 , Bottle Necking my current gpu?

Your r9 390 and i5 is totally fine

9 minutes ago, LabRat said:

you should let us know of any difficulties you are having at the present. the system doesn't look too bad.

Well Im currently playing a game called PLAYERUKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS , the specs arent Heavy demanding but i seem to be having a problem running it on medium as

frames will slow down heavily or screen tearing will happen in certain times , so i dont know whats wrong with it atm , if its my pc or if its there side .

The specs they ask are 

Operating System 64-Bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor intel i-3 4340, AMD FX-6300

Memory 6GB RAM

Graphics Card nVidia GeForce® GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB

DirectX 11.1 Compatible Video Card or Equivalent

Hard Drive Space 

And thats it but i still have problems , at first i think its my PSU not giving enough power to provide for my Build , but i dont know really

did you play with vsync enabled?

the requirements page also say this............ " On very-low settings the Minimum requirements will yield 60 FPS @ 1920x1080 "

Just now, LabRat said:

did you play with vsync enabled?

Currently No option in game atm

what about amd control panel?............... but read my edit above. those are minimum requirements and that is the result of those requirements. so the game is more demanding in the real world.

2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

what about amd control panel?............... but read my edit above. those are minimum requirements and that is the result of those requirements. so the game is more demanding in the real world.

I can try messing with the control panel to increase performance , but in everything my specs should be ok right in your eyes right? or is there a crucial part in my specs that is affecting my gaming atm?

2 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

I can try messing with the control panel to increase performance , but in everything my specs should be ok right in your eyes right? or is there a crucial part in my specs that is affecting my gaming atm?

i'm still looking on the web to see if I can find somebody that has a "real" machine with better parts to see how the game runs for them.

your machine isn't bad by many standards.

could also be that it's in BETA and kinks aren't ironed out yet.

24 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

Well Im currently playing a game called PLAYERUKNOWN BATTLEGROUNDS , the specs arent Heavy demanding but i seem to be having a problem running it on medium as

frames will slow down heavily or screen tearing will happen in certain times , so i dont know whats wrong with it atm , if its my pc or if its there side .

The specs they ask are 

Operating System 64-Bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Processor intel i-3 4340, AMD FX-6300

Memory 6GB RAM

Graphics Card nVidia GeForce® GTX 660 2GB, AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB

DirectX 11.1 Compatible Video Card or Equivalent

Hard Drive Space 

And thats it but i still have problems , at first i think its my PSU not giving enough power to provide for my Build , but i dont know really

It may just be poor optimization - it happens a lot

Ryzen Ram Guide

i don't see anything different........ everything you see is the same. you'll have to check forums for the game.