USB DVD player that plays all formats

Hi folks,

I'm am trying to find a dvd player with a USB port for my external hard drive that plays all video formats (including mkv) since the remote for my veon tv died and I can no longer navigate through the usb control screen.

HDMI and surround sound capabilities would be a plus!

If anyone knows of one- Please post below.

OR

If anyone knows of a universal remote that supports Veon TVs- please let me know.

Thanks!

1 minute ago, BennyGoodman said:

-snip-

VLC 

or you mean an actualy external/interlanl dvd drive?

The only DVD players I know of that support those formats are those janky ones from Shenzhen. Of course those don't last long at all and tend to just break whenever they feel like it without warning.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BennyGoodman said:

-snip-

also, if you have an IR thing on your phone, ASmartRemote is amazing!

I want a dvd player that plugs into a TV that does the things I listed in the OP

A few issues I'm seeing:

• It's kind of hard to find a DVD player with USB input playback. Most of the good brands moved onto providing Blu-Ray players with apps, though some have USB input
  • "Plays all formats" is kind of a stretch. Do you need it to play WMV, Apple QuickTime, RealMedia, etc? Or do you have only H.264/H.265 compatible formats? "MKV" is not a format, it's a container.