Is using an external Utility fan to cool your PC bad?

Twilly

Ok, so recently I decided to take this Utility fan that I normally use to help me sleep and I pointed it into my case to see if I get a decent amount of temperature difference from what I would have without it. Yes, it is really loud but I when I wear headphones I don't hear it.

Turns out I get about 3-degrees cooler on my CPU and a whole 4-degrees lower on my GPU.

Is this a healthy thing to do to your PC? I'm guessing that it really isn't but I'm honestly not a wiz at this sort of stuff so I was wondering if anyone else can give me any sort of reason not to do this for cooling performance?

20170307_015439[1].jpg

Wouldn't the strong airflow carry all the debris out of the case?

People have been doing this for years. If your case is poor and you have a stock style heatsink then this will make a difference. I don't think the dust is bad considering you can see inside, it won't be hidden from you

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, Twilly said:

Na more air means more particles per second hitting and catching. If you get an air compressor then you will have enough pressure to blow dust away. The pressure of an air compressor is high enough to cut through shit but your fan isnt. Hair will catch and tangle too

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 hour ago, Twilly said:

If the utility fan can move larger particles than just pure house dust, then no. Normal PC fans can't move that kind of debris. Get some filter material (like pantyhose) between blower and components and you should be fine.

Though I don't know why you are even doing this if its under 5C difference.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv