AMD Ryzen driver package

NumLock21
31 minutes ago, MageTank said:

People are also forgetting that, unless you are trying to drive a massive refresh rate, or are playing an antiquated MMO, CPU performance in gaming isn't that big of a deal these days.

Yes, because the last Intel fanboy that tried to tell me AMD sucks, was running his 7700k and SKI 1070's on a 60hz monitor like a jackass.

Rant, not related to MageTank's post....

Yes, FPS is awesome, but if you don't have above 60hz monitor, then you are already limited. Yes, there is some stuff to be upset about if you are a gamer.

But stated 1x10^10000000000 times, Ryzen obviously isn't the optimal CPU if gaming is life. However, for the rest of us that use a PC for other things, it's great option to consider.

But I still don't understand why we're still having the juvinile gaming discussion. Yes, 7700k wins. Who the fuck cares? By now, anyone purchasing a Ryzen CPU is aware of the bench marks. Obviously, the CPU is still being purchased. So let's seriously move on.

So how are these different form the Motherboard mans' Drivers? 

2 hours ago, MageTank said:

Gaming-only consumers are still going to want an i5 or i7 for those blistering fast cores to drive high refresh rates.

For now, although I expect the R3/R5 to change that. For $120 you'll get an i5-4670k, which (assuming it overclocks decently) will beat a 7500, and for $160~ you'll get an i7-4770k, which (again with the same assumption as above) will beat a 7700. Thereby rendering all but the 7600k/7700k irrelevant, and the marginally better performance of a 7600k/7700k won't be worth almost double the cost (until of course Intel updates their pricing).  

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

But I still don't understand why we're still having the juvinile gaming discussion.

Because people keep bitching about how reviewers claimed it was a bad choice for strictly gaming. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

For now, although I expect the R3/R5 to change that. For $120 you'll get an i5-4670k, which (assuming it overclocks decently) will beat a 7500, and for $160~ you'll get an i7-4770k, which (again with the same assumption as above) will beat a 7700. Thereby rendering all but the 7600k/7700k irrelevant, and the marginally better performance of a 7600k/7700k won't be worth almost double the cost (until of course Intel updates their pricing).  

Because people keep bitching about how reviewers claimed it was a bad choice for strictly gaming. 

It depends on whether or not they will suffer the same issues. If SMT is just as broken on the R5's, then expect minimum framerates to be just as poor. The same can be said about it's sketchy IMC. If the IMC is bad, then bandwidth/latency will suffer (as it is now) and depending on the title, minimum framerates/frametime will suffer.

I really hope these issues get fixed, I just don't have much hope for it's IMC as of late. Seeing SMT perform better in Windows 7 has given me a little hope that it's a software issue that can be fixed in Windows 10, but the IMC is still completely up in the air.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

1 minute ago, MageTank said:

It depends on whether or not they will suffer the same issues. If SMT is just as broken on the R5's, then expect minimum framerates to be just as poor. The same can be said about it's sketchy IMC. If the IMC is bad, then bandwidth/latency will suffer (as it is now) and depending on the title, minimum framerates/frametime will suffer.

I really hope these issues get fixed, I just don't have much hope for it's IMC as of late. Seeing SMT perform better in Windows 7 has given me a little hope that it's a software issue that can be fixed in Windows 10, but the IMC is still completely up in the air.

The main issue with the Scheduler in Windows is the bouncing between the CCX's.

4 core Ryzen will only have a single one, so it won't need to bounce about.
Not only does Windows 7 have less of an issue with it, the Linux Kernels have all already been updated, and it performs amazingly well there.

Wendell talks about it rather well here. I highly recommend going through that video. Wendell is a font of knowledge once again.

The Top Comment has all the time stamps as well.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q