dedicated graphics card similar to integrated graphics

Mex1507

Hi there!

I'm building a PC for my grandma with a few old parts but I don't have any dedicated graphics card to use and the PC does not have integrated graphics or sth. The PC is not for gaming or sth (only some card games :D ), just for browsing and sort of stuff. So I just need a graphics card that can display a picture on the screen basically :D The Motherboard is a MSI 770-C45 paired with a AMD Phenom II X4 925. I think I have to buy some used card from ebay or so, current graphics cards are too overkill for this case (pun alert) I guess. What do you recommend? And another question is: I have noticed that the old PSU (Enermax EG465 or sth) does not even have a built in VGA connector, only thousands of molex and sata connectors, there is only a molex to vga adapter which is kinda bullshit. Do you think it will work or should I get a cheap more modern PSU?

Thanks in advance!  

If it's 'just display' you need and nothing more something like a GT 710 should suffice and those are to be had (new) for under 40 USD. Otherwise you can look for similar cards second hand like GT 610 or GT 640 cards.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

You can choose from many PCI powered cards currently on the market for less than $30USD

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Well im dumb. Most graphics cards on that level do not need any psu connector, so I should be good to go right?