Nintendo switch mobile charging

SpaceGoat

So I like some others will be getting a Nintendo switch on the 3rd and so far all of the rewers have more or less nailed out the 2.5-3 hours of mobile play people will get in the higher end titles. I currently have a 20000 MH hr USB charger pumping out 5v at 2.1 amps but all reports state that the switch requires 15v at 2.6 amps to charge while playing. So we finally get to my question does anyone know of a portable battery that can output that?

10 minutes ago, SpaceGoat said:

So I like some others will be getting a Nintendo switch on the 3rd and so far all of the rewers have more or less nailed out the 2.5-3 hours of mobile play people will get in the higher end titles. I currently have a 20000 MH hr USB charger pumping out 5v at 2.1 amps but all reports state that the switch requires 15v at 2.6 amps to charge while playing. So we finally get to my question does anyone know of a portable battery that can output that?

A quick google search on "15v at 2.6a usb charger" gave me this top result, meaning many people are asking for the same thing:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/2/23/14715566/nintendo-switch-best-battery-pack-charging-cables

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/nintendo_switch_usb-c_and_portable_battery_recommendations

While none of the suggested ones output 15v at 2.6a, most people are are recommending those as your best bet. However I found this battery pack (Not that portable) on amazon that MIGHT support the switch. It's pretty dang expensive though: https://www.amazon.com/BiXPower-BP220-Capacity-60300mAh-Rechargeable/dp/B00ICA03D4.

Your best bet is to wait for the release and wait for people to give their expert opinions on which is the best charger for the switch before buying anything.

CPU: i5 4690K OC'd to 4.5Ghz      |             

|GPU: MSI GTX 960 2G 100me edition@ 1536mhz

PSU: Corsair CX750M                       |

|Case: Thermaltake V31 Core

RAM: ADATA 16GB dual channel    |

|CPU cooler: Hyper 212 EVO

Hard Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7400rpm  |

| SSD: None

Try your normal charger. Undervolting shouldn't hurt the console if it has proper battery management circuitry. It might not charge, but it should be able to augment the internal battery. Just don't overvolt/apply too much amperage (is there a word for that? overamp?)

Almost breaking sig rules 1.0

the know did a peace but apparently someone did a tear down of one of the review copy and picked its brains and the l/i battery is rated for 15 volts 2.6 amps from its stock charger i have work the day of release and i dont think 3 hrs of play time on the go will be enough :P they said they managed to get 5 hrs with a 5v 2.4 amp power bank but honestly that battery is looking brutal ty though.

I think it will be a question of time before some manufacture does a special cable for the switch, where it has a base that connects to teh 2 holes at the bottom has a 90 degree USB type C connector, allowing you to to use the device on table top mode and charging it, raising the system angle just a bit, while keeping it stable (won't fall). With it, a battery that deliver power to charge system while playing.

As it is right now, I think the system needs to be sleeping/off to charge the battery with a normal (yet still powerful) battery bank. OR use the system with the battery bank, both the battery bank and the system battery fully charged to start with, extending your play time. (Won't work if your Switch battery is low, and you want to charge it and play, due to the power requirement of the Tegra SoC.. unless you play non demanding game)