SSD To have fast boot

Hey,

I am looking for an SSD for my laptop. The most important thing is boot speed as I need it for school and therefore it needs to be as quick as possible, all of my work is stored on Google Drive and therefore it does not need much storage, 120GB would probably be enough, 240GB would be ok provided the price isn't too high. Can anyone help?

Thanks

I have a Kingston SSDNow 300V 240GB that was part of the Upgrade Kit (Comes with cloning software, 3.5" tray, etc.) that I got for $40 new on Amazon a long while back. It is REALLY fast for me. You probably won't find it that cheap though. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

as long as you get an ssd from a good brand from a good line of ssds then you should be fine.

SSD's are by no means created equal, even among trusted brands.  The most important thing is 4K read speeds (which is often overlooked in favor of sequential).  This one has very good 4K read speeds, for example.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

1 minute ago, JoostinOnline said:

SSD's are by no means created equal, even among trusted brands.  The most important thing is 4K read speeds (which is often overlooked in favor of sequential).  This one has very good 4K read speeds, for example.

yeah i said from a good line of ssds. that would be indicative of how well they perform not just the brand. I really cant tell the difference between the speeds of two good ssds even if the numbers say otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Brooksie359 said:

yeah i said from a good line of ssds. that would be indicative of how well they perform not just the brand. I really cant tell the difference between the speeds of two good ssds even if the numbers say otherwise. 

Well Silicon Power isn't exactly your top brand, but that drive is 50% faster than some SanDisk ones. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440