Best method to create virtual machines

What would you guys recommend to use to create a set of virtual machines. I have a old computer to use but not sure if i should use Windows Virtual Machine Server but require a licence to do this. Any recommendations for software to use?

I usually use Virtualbox, but I don't need much performance from my VM's. It's easy and free

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Hyper-v server is free(you can get it as a seprate os).

If you just running vm's Id run kvm on linux. Its normally the fastest and complety free(no possible paid features. Look at libvirt on centos.

Does Virtualbox or Hyper-v server allow accessing over the network?

1 minute ago, Tom Haywood said:

Does Virtualbox or Hyper-v server allow accessing over the network?

hyper -v and kvm can be remotly managed. Virtual box needs to use remote desktop

21 minutes ago, Tom Haywood said:

What would you guys recommend to use to create a set of virtual machines. I have a old computer to use but not sure if i should use Windows Virtual Machine Server but require a licence to do this. Any recommendations for software to use?

VM WARE is the best solution trust me,is better that oracle virtual box!(premium is the best)

4 minutes ago, TECH J said:

VM WARE is the best solution trust me,is better that oracle virtual box!(premium is the best)

How much does the VM WARE licences cost?

2 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

hyper -v and kvm can be remotly managed. Virtual box needs to use remote desktop

I just use netcat and point it to cmd. Then log into from command line and remote issue commands that way.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Been using hyper-V extensively for development. It works pretty well through I find that sharing files between it and my windows environment is a bit of a pain. Also there is no GPU acceleration for the graphics so expect a slightly laggy mouse and interface (at least in Ubuntu).

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

22 hours ago, Tom Haywood said:

How much does the VM WARE licences cost?

OMG just crack it...