Microsoft Lied to us? Minecraft for Windows Phones is back? But for Windows 10?

AlTech

Back when Microsoft said they'd stop supporting Windows Phones, many people took that to mean that Microsoft was dropping support for Windows Phones.

Yes i know this sounds quite confusing. #MSneedsanewmarketingteam

9b72603ff42f2a3f3ec45d86705bb837-Win10Mo

It turns out that they sorta lied -_-. They caused a whole load of commotion over nothing.

So basically you can download the latest updates of Minecraft PE on Windows 10 Mobile devices. Devices running Windows Phone 8.1 or older will not receive this update.

The updates will be available only on Windows 10 Mobile devices (let's be honest here. who the hell is playing memecraft on a Lumia 520?)

Good news for Pocket Edition players wielding Windows Phones: if you can update your phone’s operating system to Windows 10 Mobile, you’ll automatically receive an upgrade to the Windows 10 Mobile version of Minecraft for free!

What does that mean? It means Achievements! It means Realms! It means a torrent of awesome new features, beginning with The End!

We stopped shipping Minecraft updates for Windows Phone 8 back in October last year. Of course, players can still carry on building and exploring their worlds as they always have, but, to get access to the newest Minecraft goodies, DLC and other fun stuff, you’ll have to upgrade to the Windows 10 Mobile version of the game.

If you were already running Windows 10 Mobile but playing the Windows Phone 8 version of Pocket Edition, you’ll get the upgrade automatically, too.

Oh and they had enough COURAGE to use the magical DWORD ,DLC.

Please don't kill me. I know my jokes aren't funny :(

Dear oh dear Microsoft. Enough with these shenanigans.

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/upgrade-windows-phone-players

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

who is even playing MC PE to begin with?...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The updates will be available only on Windows 10 Mobile devices (let's be honest here. who the hell is playing memecraft on a Lumia 520?)

You know that you can have Windows 10 Mobile on any unsupported Lumia device just by getting the Insider app and upgrading through it, right?

I have it running on my Lumia 635 just fine and it's a 512MB device too.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

lol. I did. I was quite frustrated when they made the initial announcement of dropping windows phone.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, TetraSky said:

You know that you can have Windows 10 Mobile on any unsupported Lumia device just by getting the Insider app and upgrading through it, right?

kk. But i was more or less poking fun at really underpowered cheap windows phones.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

lol. I did. I was quite frustrated when they made the initial announcement of dropping windows phone.

i have stayed away from PE to the extent possible. i tried it for a bit and it was complete crap lol. i know its gotten better but the controlls were not for me, everyone i knew that owns PE has dropped it within two days lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

that method died after the official release of W10M

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Nobody got my programmer joke except for Ryan :(.

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

kids who are growing up using tablets and phone as their main, or unique, gaming device?

a little bit related: Went back to school to change my formation, it's been since years since i graduated from HS, among my courses there's also IT security, but before my course starts the class is occupied by 2002-2003 kids, and it's such an hilarious sight, if you ask them to do things on the PC that they do on their phones, simple things like just opening their email to grab the pdf the teacher sent them or even saving a document, they just can't do it anymore for the majority, and mind you that's a technical high school were you get out of there as a technician in electronics, IT, mechanics, electrical and chemistry

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

kids who are growing up using tablets and phone as their main, or unique, gaming device?

a little bit related: Went back to school to change my formation, it's been since years since i graduated from HS, among my courses there's also IT security, but before my course starts the class is occupied by 2002-2003 kids, and it's such an hilarious sight, if you ask them to do things on the PC that they do on their phones, simple things like just opening their email to grab the pdf the teacher sent them or even saving a document, they just can't do it anymore for the majority, and mind you that's a technical high school were you get out of there as a technician in electronics, IT, mechanics, electrical and chemistry

you quoted the wrong person by the way.

@Bananasplit_00 was the person you intended that for.

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

you quoted the wrong person by the way.

@Bananasplit_00 was the person you intended.

right O.o, fixing it

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

i atent a IT tech highschool and the only people that incapable are the teachers lol

Builds:

Spoiler

16 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

that method died after the official release of W10M

When did W10M release again? Because I used that method about 6 months ago.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i atent a IT tech highschool and the only people that incapable are the teachers lol

here even our teachers are baffled by it. It gets even funnier to look, when you see them try to figure out the classroom PC used for attendance, why? cause those PCs are as old as the school and they come in two flavours: windows 95 and Debian. 

Just now, TetraSky said:

When did W10M release again? Because I used that method about 6 months ago.

november 2015

1 minute ago, suicidalfranco said:

here even our teachers are baffled by it. It gets even funnier to look, when you see them try to figure out the classroom PC used for attendance, why? cause those PCs are as old as the school and they come in two flavours: windows 95 and Debian. 

we actiually have "decent" laptops(they are still shit but they can do some things atleast) with windows 10, an I5 6200 and a GTX660M equivelent GPU. they are still pretty shit but they are above what the avrage school laptop is, but waaaaaay bellow what we were promised. they told us we were getting I7s and GTX970s and this is what we got -_- 

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

november 2015

Yes but the upgrade process started in march 2016 ish.

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

we actiually have "decent" laptops(they are still shit but they can do some things atleast) with windows 10, an I5 6200 and a GTX660M equivelent GPU. they are still pretty shit but they are above what the avrage school laptop is, but waaaaaay bellow what we were promised. they told us we were getting I7s and GTX970s and this is what we got -_- 

these are only the homeroom desktop for us though, the one used in labs are dell office desktops with i5s and 660s set to multiboot with W10, WXP, and Ubuntu 

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yes but the upgrade process started in march 2016 ish.

and the preview release was no longer accessible since, making that method dead

sorry but who the fuck even cares? I own a windows phone and I like the OS, but this app is not going to do jack shit for the windows phone market, windows phones are basically dead.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Is Minecraft on Windows Mobile running on Java? the market rejected c# on mobile but I liked what was planned for the ecosystem on a technical level, not on a a license/legal level. Did Oracle ever put in an effort to get Java on Windows phone? Last I looked was before Android version 1.6 when Java embedded was the shit on every mobile device and Oracle had not yet sunk in its tentacles to sun's ip

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

2 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Is Minecraft on Windows Mobile running on Java? the market rejected c# on mobile but I liked what was planned for the ecosystem on a technical level, not on a a license/legal level. Did Oracle ever put in an effort to get Java on Windows phone? Last I looked was before Android version 1.6 when Java embedded was the shit on every mobile device and Oracle had not yet sunk in its tentacles to sun's ip

No. It's running C++ just like the Android and IOS PE apps.

10 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

sorry but who the fuck even cares? I own a windows phone and I like the OS, but this app is not going to do jack shit for the windows phone market, windows phones are basically dead.

I do. I was disappointed when they made is sound like it wasn't gonna be on mobile.

16 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Yeah, it's getting brutal for Windows Phone. Was reading about this a week ago. It is sad that we're on 1 2 OS.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/16/brutal-android-market-share-still-rising-decimates-windows-mobile-blackberry-os/

nexus2cee_gartner-q4-2016.png

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

10 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Yeah, it's getting brutal for Windows Phone. Was reading about this a week ago. It is sad that we're on 1 2 OS.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/02/16/brutal-android-market-share-still-rising-decimates-windows-mobile-blackberry-os/

nexus2cee_gartner-q4-2016.png

I interacted with people developing for Windows CE for industrial applications back in 2011 and they were begging ms to bring out something to compete and they just delivered too late and they have forgotten about their embedded device partners. ATM machines are running? Now when I see embedded applications I see Ubuntu. I know my city's buses and McDonald's are running Ubuntu on their displays coz ive seen them crash due to bad application handling of network disconnection. McDonald's displays PHP debug errors and the buses drop to something like dmesg when they can't get display info

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_