Iphone 6 Plus - Worth it?

rasesh
1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

Actually apple can sue you for jailbreaking their device and in some cases it bricks the phone... hence why you have to undo the jail break before any os upgrades

Better yet, dont update your iPhone, newer versions of the ios are only good to make old devices seem worse so you have to buy new ones xD

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Actually apple can sue you for jailbreaking their device and in some cases it bricks the phone... hence why you have to undo the jail break before any os upgrades

Wrong. A company can't tell you or sue you for doing something to what you legally own. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Better yet, dont update your iPhone, newer versions of the ios are only good to make old devices seem worse so you have to buy new ones xD

Never owned any iPhone past the first one

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

I wanna get a V20 but I don't wanna pay $1900 in my currency for a phone lol

That's no problem indeed. Not everyone has the money for everything, but working hard will help get you the things you wish. Anyways, I'd be weary about buying a used phone from someone. Make sure the phone is:

1. Not in any way, shape, or form damaged to the point where its life can be in vain, or be considered unusable

2. In no way modified in any "Shady manner (If noticeable)"

3. Make sure the phone is factory reset with the "Welcome" screen to set it up (These days you can never be to sure as people can find ways to install an app and screw you over)

4. Your phone carrier can access and install your SIM card (Or whatever you guys use) to connect it

and 5. The guy isn't shady af

In what country is Apple the cheap option. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

2 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

Wrong. A company can't tell you or sue you for doing something to what you legally own. 

sadly they can because you do not own the ios, you only have a license to use it and jailbreaking depending on the country terms of agreement will break the license agreement, it goes back to what I said... in some countries they will have the legal means to sue you... in others they wont...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

Technically they can.... Ferrari does this, you don't own the car you paid them a lot of money for and they can take it back from you or bar you from buying any of their future cars.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

sadly they can because you do not own the ios, you only have a license to use it and jailbreaking depending on the country terms of agreement will break the license agreement, it goes back to what I said... in some countries they will have the legal means to sue you... in others they wont...

Why does the world have to do this! Golly! 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

4 minutes ago, Toon said:

That's no problem indeed. Not everyone has the money for everything, but working hard will help get you the things you wish. Anyways, I'd be weary about buying a used phone from someone. Make sure the phone is:

1. Not in any way, shape, or form damaged to the point where its life can be in vain, or be considered unusable

3. Make sure the phone is factory reset with the "Welcome" screen to set it up (These days you can never be to sure as people can find ways to install an app and screw you over)

4. Your phone carrier can access and install your SIM card (Or whatever you guys use) to connect it

I can afford one but still $1900 for a phone is a lot of money... I could buy a whole new rig with tat kind of money

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Technically they can.... Ferrari does this, you don't own the car you paid them a lot of money for and they can take it back from you or bar you from buying any of their future cars.

was not Rolls Royce that had some policy that if you buy one of their cars and treats it poorly, like if you let the car get in bad condition by bad caring or lack of caring they will put you in a black list so you can never buy another one brand new again lol

Personal Desktop":

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

was not Rolls Royce that had some policy that if you buy one of their cars and treats it poorly, like if you let the car get in bad condition by bad caring or lack of caring they will put you in a black list so you can never buy another one brand new again lol

yup... lambo has a policy like this also but that's more towards reckless driving

Mine is still holding really well.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

21 minutes ago, rasesh said:

How do i check the icloud thing exactly?

wiser to go to the carrier he's with or apple store?

Not too sure, I've never owned or purchased an Apple phone I just know the things to watch out for.

I'd go with the carrier.

22 minutes ago, rasesh said:

I have another person here selling a "replacement" 16gb iphone 6 plus from apple.

I emailed the person if that means brand new sealed iphone 6 plus and they said no it's not sealed but they can show me the receipt of the replacement as they have moved onto the iphone 7 now.

What does a replacement from apple for iphone 6 plus mean exactly?

Is it smart to buy such a phone?

I wouldn't get this phone. Not enough storage. Unless you don't save anything to the phone. But 16GB is laughable and seriously, seriously limiting for most people. The phone is likely a refurb model, so it's not really any different than mint version.

6 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

I'm pretty sure they can't do that, and even if they could it's both bad for their brand image and would cost them many times what they'd stand to make.

6 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

But they won't. Going to small claims court for what they will get would cost them more than what they'd recoup. Same reason that yes, while torrenting movies and such is illegal, you'll never get sued because the court costs greatly outweigh what you'll get back (in Canada, at least).

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 minutes ago, Toon said:

Apprently the person had apple warranty and that's why apple just sent them a brand new phone.

They send me 2 picstures and the plastic and everything is still on the screen etc ...

but this person is asking $100 extra for their iphone 6 plus ($500) for theirs and it's 16gb compared to the $400 for the 64gb iphone 6 plus used one.

What do you think?

2 minutes ago, rasesh said:

Apprently the person had apple warranty and that's why apple just sent them a brand new phone.

They send me 2 picstures and the plastic and everything is still on the screen etc ...

but this person is asking $100 extra for their iphone 6 plus ($500) for theirs and it's 16gb compared to the $400 for the 64gb iphone 6 plus used one.

What do you think?

I would go for the 64gb model in a heartbeat if I knew the used phone was in good condition at least and the seller isn't in any way shady. If you feel like he's gonna do something to the phone when you buy it, or if you feel like he did something shady to it, then I think it's best to be in the safe side and get the 16gb model.

3 minutes ago, Toon said:

I would go for the 64gb model in a heartbeat if I knew the used phone was in good condition at least and the seller isn't in any way shady. If you feel like he's gonna do something to the phone when you buy it, or if you feel like he did something shady to it, then I think it's best to be in the safe side and get the 16gb model.

Damet so hard to tell if someone is being shady or is shady!

Everyone is different and everyone relies to emails in diff ways.

Some people don't like giving out their number, some people don't like to reply with long sentences, some people just give one word answers ....

I guess the best would be to call him to a apple store right?

1 minute ago, rasesh said:

Damet so hard to tell if someone is being shady or is shady!

Everyone is different and everyone relies to emails in diff ways.

Some people don't like giving out their number, some people don't like to reply with long sentences, some people just give one word answers ....

I guess the best would be to call him to a apple store right?

What you could do is possibly drag him into an apple store with the phone and get any apple employee there to verify the phone is in working and good condition, cause if what he's offering is true and legit, that's one heck of a steal you'll be getting there.

22 minutes ago, Toon said:

What you could do is possibly drag him into an apple store with the phone and get any apple employee there to verify the phone is in working and good condition, cause if what he's offering is true and legit, that's one heck of a steal you'll be getting there.

I have another person offering a 16gb Iphone 6 Plus.

It has a couple scratches on the back apple logo and near the camera area from wear & tear but he said he will sell it to me for $250 CAD but it's locked to Bell so another $50 to unlock it = $300 CAD.

What do you think?

1) Brand new iphone 6 Plus 16gb unlocked - $500

2) Mint condition iphone 6 plus 64gb unlocked - $400

3) Average condition iphone 6 plus 16gb locked - $250 / unlocked $300.

36 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Not too sure, I've never owned or purchased an Apple phone I just know the things to watch out for.

I'd go with the carrier.

I wouldn't get this phone. Not enough storage. Unless you don't save anything to the phone. But 16GB is laughable and seriously, seriously limiting for most people. The phone is likely a refurb model, so it's not really any different than mint version.

I'm pretty sure they can't do that, and even if they could it's both bad for their brand image and would cost them many times what they'd stand to make.

But they won't. Going to small claims court for what they will get would cost them more than what they'd recoup. Same reason that yes, while torrenting movies and such is illegal, you'll never get sued because the court costs greatly outweigh what you'll get back (in Canada, at least).

39 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

37 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Mine is still holding really well.

38 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

yup... lambo has a policy like this also but that's more towards reckless driving

40 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

Why does the world have to do this! Golly! 

I have another person offering a Iphone 6 Plus.

It has a couple scratches on the back apple logo and near the camera area from wear & tear but he said he will sell it to me for $225 CAD but it's locked to Bell so another $50 to unlock it = $275 CAD.

What do you think?

1) Brand new iphone 6 Plus 16gb unlocked - $500 CAD

2) Mint condition iphone 6 plus 64gb unlocked - $400 CAD

3) Average condition iphone 6 plus 16gb locked - $225 / unlocked $275 CAD

I have another person offering a Iphone 6 Plus.

It has a couple scratches on the back apple logo and near the camera area from wear & tear but he said he will sell it to me for $250 CAD but it's locked to Bell so another $50 to unlock it = $300 CAD.

What do you think?

3) Average condition iphone 6 plus 16gb locked - $250 / unlocked $300 CAD

I'd say get the second option. 16GB is a pain.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

3 minutes ago, rasesh said:

What do you think?

3) Average condition iphone 6 plus 16gb locked - $250 / unlocked $300 CAD

Don't get 16GB. Seriously. It's closer to what, 11GB of actual usable storage?

I say go for the middle one.

Or buy my Note5. :D

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Don't get 16GB. Seriously. It's closer to what, 11GB of actual usable storage?

I say go for the middle one.

Or buy my Note5. :D

Small edit the guy said $225 locked and $275 CAD unlocked.

1 minute ago, rasesh said:

Small edit the guy said $225 locked and $275 CAD unlocked.

Still, only 16GB. I mean if you don't install many apps, or put music on your phone, then I suppose it'd be all right.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Still, only 16GB. I mean if you don't install many apps, or put music on your phone, then I suppose it'd be all right.

I only put music on my phone and use it in the car with bluetooth.

Take pics aswell but not often.

I only put music on my phone and use it in the car with bluetooth.

In that case the Bell one wouldn't be bad. Just go with him to the store when he gets it unlocked.

Slickwraps has a 45% off sale, so you could pick up a skin for $12 and never have to even look at the scratches.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler