What to do for a new phone?

The time as come to get a new phone, after perusing the market and doing some research i've narrowed down my choices to the Google Pixel (most likely the XL if i go with the pixel) and the Oneplus3t. As i type this on my old iPhone 5c (being to lazy to walk downstairs to type on my Cherry MX speeds, but greatly regretting not) i can't wait to get either one, currently my phone has issues sending and receiving texts along with countless randomly occuring bugs (such as headphones not playing any sound!!!) i just want to get off this horrible device ASAP. But that's where i run into issues, i cant decide which phone to get. Obviously i will not be venturing into the apple eco system, and im left with a choice of what i see are the two best phones out there right now, the Google Pixel (XL) and Oneplus3t.

Reasosn to go with the pixel:

Based off of many reviews including LTT's it appears to be the smoothest running phone currently available, somthing which i would love to experience

The large 1440p screen is quite appealing to me as i do enjoy having my backgrounds to be stunning hi-res images

The long lasting battery life, i can't stress enough how much i need this, i can barely make it through a day on my iPhone 5c while using it on THE LOWEST BRIGHTNESS!!!

The camera, i dont often take that many photos on my phone, but i'm sure that would change if the photos didn't look like dog shit, as i enjoy photographicing concerts and other nighttime events the camera on the Pixel is extremely appealing

Reasons to go with the Oneplus:

Price! being around $350 (US Dollar) lower than the pixel this is very appealing because, at least from the surface, your not getting really any decrease in hardware, as far as i can tell both the OnePlus and the Pixel have very similar practically identical hardwhere inside, so why would i pay the premium price? 

The extreemly fast finger print sensor, i've used my friends to test it out and OMG! it recognized my fingerprint immediately, especially compared to using my girlfriends iPhone 6 which only recognizes my finger print about 25% of the time and when it does it takes almost 2 seconds to unlock, and its not just me, she has similar issues

Agians long battery life is a very appealing to me as i mentioned in  this in the pixel section of this post

The camera seems very good, not as good as the pixel but i can settle as i mostly use the camera on munich phone for snapchat

Which Phone should i get? is the premeium price of the Pixel really worth it? or is the lower priced 3t practically just as good? Or should i just wait for a Pixel 2? or Oneplus4?

Any input would be greatly appreciated as i can not decide what to do, Thanks!

MWC is just around the corner and there will be a lot of new devices released. You're 3 1/2 months away from the new OnePlus device, and a few more after that for the Pixel 2. I don't think the Pixel 2 is supposed to be massively different from the first one.

I'd wait and see what Nokia has waiting for us.

Welcome to the forum!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

MWC is just around the corner and there will be a lot of new devices released. You're 3 1/2 months away from the new OnePlus device, and a few more after that for the Pixel 2. I don't think the Pixel 2 is supposed to be massively different from the first one.

I'd wait and see what Nokia has waiting for us.

See my only issue is that i'm not sure i really can wait much longer, my phone is currently in shambles, apps crash daily and i've gotten to the point where i want to fly to california and shove my 5c up tim cooks ass

4 minutes ago, RorytheDog said:

See my only issue is that i'm not sure i really can wait much longer, my phone is currently in shambles, apps crash daily and i've gotten to the point where i want to fly to california and shove my 5c up tim cooks ass

It's only 8 days away :P Plus the couple weeks to release.

Depending on the pricing the G6 might be an amazing choice. Looks pretty solid so far.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

It's only 8 days away :P Plus the couple weeks to release.

Depending on the pricing the G6 might be an amazing choice. Looks pretty solid so far.

Oh sorry, i kinda missed that part, i just saw the 3 1/2 months, thanks for the help, i guess i'll see what happens in the following 2 weeks then

5 minutes ago, RorytheDog said:

Oh sorry, i kinda missed that part, i just saw the 3 1/2 months, thanks for the help, i guess i'll see what happens in the following 2 weeks then

Aye. Seeing what Nokia released at $250 (5.5", 4GB RAM, 64GB storage) I'm stoked to see what they do at the $500ish price point.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Of nothing in two weeks appeals to you I would get the Pixel

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

5 hours ago, RorytheDog said:

Well Who knows when the op5 will be announced

If you dont have a phone as of right know and if you can wait, go for it. Keep in mind MWC is mostly announcements and not releases (though there still will be some)

the 821 isn't bad and won't be destroyed by the 835 I doubt you will notice much of a difference in every day use (Unless its in gaming or you video edit or some random stuff)