Motherboard doesn't post when I have a graphics card plugged in?

BaalRunz

Okay so I bought this new mobo  Hp Ipisb-Ch 623914-001    from Ascendtech.

I also bought a used i7 2600 on e-word and installed it with a stock intel cooler.

Had some issues with a PSU, couldn't get it to turn on. Finally resetted the CMOS, worked! Great!

So the i7 2600 worked great! I plugged in an old W10 hard drive I had and ran prime 95, runs pretty fucking hot on the intel cooler tbh. Around 80c at 100% load, and 40c on idle. However, I heard that's fine.

For-font-b-HP-b-font-IPISB-CH-font-b-des

Anyways, so then I put in my RX 480 into the motherboard's PCI 2.0 slot (top black one), and it won't post.

So I tried my old 7850 GPU, and it still won't post.

So I was like what the fuck? I'm almost there!  So I went into the bios and it seemed like it had a PCI 2 "Security Locking" thing enabled. No idea what the hell that it so I disabled all of them.  Saved & Exited bios. However, it still doesn't post when I have the graphics card in the slot! Not really sure what to do.

Also, it seems like my default W7 on my SSD won't boot either. W7's loading screen starts up, spins for 2 seconds and gets a bluescreen.  I read that people usually just re-install W7 when they switch to intel or vice versa. But, I don't want to do that yet until I can find out why the motherboard won't post with the graphics card plugged in :(

Thanks in advance!

e: Also, the fans spin on the graphics card too. Weird :( 

1 minute ago, BaalRunz said:

Okay so I bought this new mobo  Hp Ipisb-Ch 623914-001    from Ascendtech.

I also bought a used i7 2600 on e-word and installed it with a stock intel cooler.

Had some issues with a PSU, couldn't get it to turn on. Finally resetted the CMOS, worked! Great!

So the i7 2600 worked great! I plugged in an old W10 hard drive I had and ran prime 95, runs pretty fucking hot on the intel cooler tbh. Around 80c at 100% load, and 40c on idle. However, I heard that's fine.

For-font-b-HP-b-font-IPISB-CH-font-b-des

Anyways, so then I put in my RX 480 into the motherboard's PCI 2.0 slot (top black one), and it won't post.

So I tried my old 7850 GPU, and it still won't post.

So I was like what the fuck? I'm almost there!  So I went into the bios and it seemed like it had a PCI 2 "Security Locking" thing enabled. No idea what the hell that it so I disabled all of them.  Saved & Exited bios. However, it still doesn't post when I have the graphics card in the slot! Not really sure what to do.

Also, it seems like my default W7 on my SSD won't boot either. W7's loading screen starts up, spins for 2 seconds and gets a bluescreen.  I read that people usually just re-install W7 when they switch to intel or vice versa. But, I don't want to do that yet until I can find out why the motherboard won't post with the graphics card plugged in :(

Thanks in advance!

sounds like the old UEFI/BIOS problem, can you put your board into CSM mode ? if not you might not be able to boot legacy through that card, the board looks fairly old

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

7 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

sounds like the old UEFI/BIOS problem, can you put your board into CSM mode ? if not you might not be able to boot legacy through that card, the board looks fairly old

Okay I'm going to fiddle around in the bios again. I don't remember seeing an option to enable legacy but hope I can! If not, then I am fucked and just going to wait for RyZen and call this a $135 learning disaster 

6 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

although to be fair that 7850 should be able to boot fine in legacy mode, not so sure about that now

Home PC:

CPU: i7 4790s ~ Motherboard: Asus B85M-E ~ RAM: 32GB Ballistix Sport DDR3 1666 ~ GPU: Sapphire R9 390 Nitro ~ Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-03 ~ Storage: Kingston Predator 240GB   PCIE M.2 Boot, 2TB HDD, 3x 480GB SATA SSD's in RAID 0 ~ PSU:    Corsair CX600
Display(s): Asus PB287Q , Generic Samsung 1080p 22" ~ Cooling: Arctic T3 Air Cooler, All case fans replaced with Noctua NF-B9 Redux's ~ Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion ~ Mouse: Cheap Microsoft Wired (i like it) ~ Sound: Radial Pro USB DAC into 250w Powered Speakers ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Work PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1275 v3 ~ Motherboard: Asrock E3C226D2I ~ RAM: 16GB DDR3 ~ GPU: GTX 460 ~ Case: Silverstone SG05 ~ Storage: 512GB SATA SSD ~ Displays: 3x1080p 24" mix and matched Dell monitors plus a 10" 1080p lilliput monitor above ~ Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise x64

1 minute ago, BaalRunz said:

Okay I'm going to fiddle around in the bios again. I don't remember seeing an option to enable legacy but hope I can!

u want to set it to boot in UEFI mode, that what the RX480 wants in order to boot

Home PC:

Work PC:

2 minutes ago, DnFx91 said:

u want to set it to boot in UEFI mode, that what the RX480 wants in order to boot

Okay thanks!! I'll check for UEFI, I'm going to fiddle around with it now, i'll be back in thread in 20-30 min. Please wait I'll keep this updated  

@DnFx91 I'm going to have to update you later. The main PSU I have doesn't have an extra 6 pin connector for the graphics card. And the old PSU unit I have for some reason is broke. The fans spin inside the PSU then turn off. No idea wtf that is (it's from my sister's cyber power pc from 4 years ago), probably dead.

However, computer does post on my old Yogysis PSU (no 6 pin connector), so I'm going to need to use my main PSU from the computer I'm posting on now to try it.

However, when I am in the bios it shows " UEFI Boot Order". Which is promising. I can tag you later sorry for this 

@DnFx91

Okay, just got done using my main PSU to give my motherboard a lifeline. There is absolutely ZERO options to enable UEFI mode for PCI or enable it anywhere :( The only option it has is some type of UEFI boot order thing, but it only shows connected drives/sata ports none for PCI.  I tried with my 7850  and the fans turn on, the computer actually does POST! however no input from the dvi / hdmi connector :( 

I checked the bios system and wrote it down on paper, its: CHI_708.bin v7.08

I just don't think that motherboard is compatible as you said, anyways thanks for sticking with me. Looks like I'll be upgrading to RyZen <3

7 minutes ago, DCdave123 said:

have you downloaded all of the gpu drivers? using dvi or vga does not need drivers to post the systems output so try that!

hope it all works out

Yeah, tried the DVI. Fans spin on GPU but no input. Cannot find anything the bios about legacy / eufi mode for PCI :( I think I'll need a new mobo but at tihs point ima just wait for RyZen and upgrade everything lol