99% memory in use

Defiled
6 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

Who the fuck needs virus protection, I have run any in years and I've been fine, every now and then I open up malware bytes, it usually catches more anyway.

So you like it there? In a botnet?

Viruses now adays come in 2 main-variety's:

- Ransom ware: Pay us, or lose your files/machine (if given enough permissions)!

- Malware: Runs a background process, and whenever some unfortunate soul needs a beating, your pc will be used to DDOS the fellow.

The days of adware and popup ads (even when idle) etc, are gone.

Now, it's entirely possible that your computer is virusfree. But given the nature that us internauts use our computers, downloading and installing anything willy-nilly, I'd advise atleast scanning periodically. Even just monitoring your pc could give you hints. Month or 2 ago, I noticed while doing some network sniffing that my pc was doing weird sequential ARP requests on the network (something that could, in a big network, cripple performance). This does not mean a virus instantly, but noticing odd behaviour does help everybody. (I notified the developer about the ARP storm, fixed in next release)

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

Welp, thanks guys.. I'll do some more testing with sleep mode ( by not using it ) and see if it stops happening..

Cheers B|

1 hour ago, Ashiella said:

I've never put my computer to sleep unless I accidentally hit the key on an extra keyboard so I can get into bios. So it probably is, try not putting it to sleep and go about the day normally. Also why do you put it to sleep?

I usally leave my computer on sleep mode at night, though that with my laptop, with my gaming desktop I turn that off everynight.

23 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

I usally leave my computer on sleep mode at night, though that with my laptop, with my gaming desktop I turn that off everynight.

Why turn it off, is it loud? 

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

1 hour ago, Ashiella said:

Why turn it off, is it loud? 

No, I just don't like to leave it on to be honest.....and I don't even have an SSD so I gotta wait a bit for it to startup. When I get home I'm building a new rig, and just sticking a small ssd in that one for my younger bro. The laptop I'm currently using while away I'm going to give to my twin who is currently in college.