Trying to put Ubuntu and my laptop...

DarkBlade2117
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,

Win32Diskimager is litteraly the only thing i trust with burning any ISO files to USB sticks anymore. it just makes everything work. also if your USB gets partitioned up and messed up beyond what windows disk manager can help you with use Rufus to burn FreeDOS to the stick and then format it. just a handy tip

So I used YUMI to turn the USB stick into a bootable USB stick ect ect...

I boot the laptop, go into BIOs and try and make it boot from the USB Stick. Screen goes to a blank screen for a split second and back to BIOs. Ok...

Let's try and attempt to boot it from the SSD and give it no other option but to boot from the USB stick. Alright... shows BIOs splash logo... loading... loading... IT GOES INTO THE REPAIR MODE or whatever it is called and just boots back into Windows 8... WAT.

Then, after it does that, the laptop REFUSES to boot past a black screen until I boot up without the USB stick plugged in and restore the BIOs. WHAT

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

windows fast boot?

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Does your laptop have an F# key for selecting a boot device on boot? If so you can use that. 

Win32Diskimager is litteraly the only thing i trust with burning any ISO files to USB sticks anymore. it just makes everything work. also if your USB gets partitioned up and messed up beyond what windows disk manager can help you with use Rufus to burn FreeDOS to the stick and then format it. just a handy tip

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

yumi is for multibooting, try rufus instead.

I've used YUMI multiple times to install Linux... and it is simple.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

YUMI is simple, Rufus is more simpler-est-y @DarkBlade2117

What do you have to lose? Your current configuration isn't working properly.

ok so when I load up with RUFUS it goes to a screen just says grub> and a bunch of commands... YUMI had a simple GUI

@DarkBlade2117

Grub is what makes linux able to dual boot or multiboot... if you have rufus setup properly it will literally boot straight into ubuntu as long as that's all you have installed on that flash drive.

If it's grubbing, you probably still have YUMI.

2 minutes ago, NinJake said:

@DarkBlade2117

Grub is what makes linux able to dual boot or multiboot... if you have rufus setup properly it will literally boot straight into ubuntu as long as that's all you have installed on that flash drive.

If it's grubbing, you probably still have YUMI.

But I don't...

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Ty, win32 worked

2 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Ty, win32 worked

its litteraly the only thing that always works. i have never had a single problem with it. its the best ISO burner there is

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016