Newspaper admits New Year's sexual assault\ by refugees in Germany was made up.

killcomic

The daily paper Bild has come out and admitted that the mass sexual assaults by refugees over New Year's even in Frankfurt were made up.

Bild explicitly apologises for the untruthful reporting,” the paper said.

Doubts over the reports emerged when police were unable to find concrete evidence of the assaults being carried out by refugees.

Bild’s editor for digital news, Julian Reeichelt, tweeted that there would be consequences for the false report: “We apologise for our own work. I’ll shortly announce what Bild will do about it.”

News source (News.com.au): http://www.news.com.au/world/fake-news-mass-sexual-assault-by-refugees-in-frankfurt-never-happened/news-story/1b52bc617051867f9b15e7a0c1dfff0c

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

sounds awfully fishy to me.
almost like (((someone))) is trying to cover something up.

I make bad life decisions.

Here in Canada a recent story was released: 

A 39 year old man (refugee) is accused of sexual assault against six teenage girls.  He has been caught and is in jail waiting for trial.  

To my dismay, a loud minority of Canadians are using this incident to attack all refugees.  Basic logic seems to not be available to many people.

He may have done what he is accused of; he may be falsely accused, I don't have access to the details.  What I do understand is that whether or not he is guilty of the crime, the other refugees here are likely not part of this incident.

The accused has been apprehended and awaits his court dates.  What more could you want? 

If you are to blame an entire community in this manner, then Canada would not have a single person left in the country, roaming free.  Everyone would be in jail or deported.  This pattern to scare up support bothers me.

If we look at Germany, from what I have read, there are roughly a million refugees introduced in a short period of time.  There have been under 2000 (around 1200 last time I was presented with an anti-refugee source) reports of sexual assault by "Arab looking" men in roughly the past year or so.  That would indicate a tiny portion of refugees might be engaging in assault of this nature.  I place the number of assailants at 5000 to be more than generous, the number is likely to be way smaller.

People are poo-poo quite often, and where they come from does not necessarily determine the level of poo-poo-ness.

I don't know exactly what is going on with this story.  I can understand both sides as being plausible:  The drumming up of anti-refugee support under false pretenses and the possible cover up of real events to quell public outcry.

With how rampant fake news is it's best to just write off the mainstream media. They only want two things:

1. To push their agenda

2. Get ratings/clicks for ad revenue

1 hour ago, lkarej said:

sounds awfully fishy to me.
almost like (((someone))) is trying to cover something up.

you have to know sth about the "Bild" here in Germany: This is a newspaper that knows sth before sth even happened. And most times they are waaay wrong with that as you can imagine. That's what they are doing is clickbaiting only offline and not backed by any trustful sources at all most of the times. Interesting that this already came to australia and I didn't even notice here :D

@dexT

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

Bild is a terrible newspaper, I wouldn't even call it a "newspaper".

Let me tell you: at the beginning of the refugee crisis there was a big welcoming community here in germany. Many old people, including my grandma (over 80yrs old) started helping out at refugee camps, giving out food and clothes. She knows how terrible war is, because she was a child during WW2. But also other people helped out a lot. Bild then jumped on this train and for maybe half a year, they were like "refugees welcome!!!". At some point, Bild noticed that it's easier for them to make money with articles against refugees, because, and this is not a joke, people who read Bild are more likely uneducated and therefore easier to scare. They believe them everything, without trying to check facts written in their bullshit. And my own estimation is, that nationalistic people are mostly uneducated and more on the "poor" side, consequent more unsatisfied (with their lifes).

Many years we germans knew that for example the american society is controlled by fear. The media and politics did that on purpose, because feared people are more likely to accept undemocratic and freedom robbing political decisions, for example the Patriot Act. But we didn't have this in germany, at least not in such a dramatic way. But companies like the "Axel Springer Verlag" (publisher of the Bild and many, many other newspapers) try to implement this fear into the german society - only because you can make a lot of money with it.

Never ever believe something the Bild wrote without checking other sources, and even there you should always watch for "Source: Bild"...

I do not doubt they did. However here's another interesting map

Image result for refugee crime map germany

So if we concede this paper lied can we talk about all of this other cases nobody seems to report on?

-------

Current Rig

-------

6 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So if we concede this paper lied can we talk about all of this other cases nobody seems to report on?

When I see a map like that, my first reaction is not "Oh my god, this is a real crisis, why isn't anyone reporting on this!" it's "Wow, someone went to a lot of trouble to overwhelm me with visually dense and context-free information."

It appears that someone is a so-called "immigration monitoring group" called XY Einzefall. I see nothing whatsoever in my searching (that I can find in English, anyway) that indicates to me they are a responsible source of information or that anyone with a reputation above that of Breitbart should be citing them for anything. Maybe that's why nobody seems to be reporting on it.

there is no doubt it hasnt happened at some point, but we shouldnt treat refugees badly because of this

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I do not doubt they did. However here's another interesting map

Image result for refugee crime map germany

Even if we assume this map is accurate... how many refugees are in Europe right now? I've heard reports of 1.3 Million, but those are already over a year out of date.

Let's be conservative and say 1.5 Million refugees across all of Europe today.

Okay now let's look at this map. First  off, the screenshot on their website is... I don't know? Totally made up? It certainly bears no resemblance to the actual map they link to. The totals across the left don't match up (Most are significantly lower, others are higher).

Okay so by category, as of right now, we have:

Sexual Assault: 129

Rape (and attempted rape): 9

Robbery/Theft: 667

Riots/Intimidation/misc: 348

Criminal Assault: 462

Arson: 13

Terror: 23

Attempted Homicide: 31

Sexual Assault in lakes, swimming pools, etc: 4

Total: 1686

So we have 1686 reports of crime. Now let's say that not all of these are about an individual criminal. Let's be generous, and average 3 people per crime:

1686 * 3 = 5058 criminal refugees. And that includes smaller/petty crimes.

Now let's do some math

1.5 Million Refugees, 5058 criminals

5058 / 1500000 = 0.003372 * 100 = 0.3372%

So less than half of one percent of refugees have committed a crime, according to this guide. Furthermore, Rape/Sexual assault only makes up approximately 8.5% of the reported crimes (142 out of 1868).

So, again, I do not see a major crisis here. Yes, all of these supposed criminal acts are terrible, and if they are true, then these people are scum and should be prosecuted under a free and fair trial. But this is not the "5000 reported rapes in a single night" that we're being lead to believe it is. Hell, this is all of Europe. This is likely a tiny tiny tiny tiny fraction of similar crimes committed in these countries. Far below the number of Refugees/migrants that are actually living there.

The percentages just do not add up.

EDIT: There's also the whole weird thing about the map reporting the same categories multiple times: Sexual assault, then rape separately, which is a form of sexual assault, then again, sexual assault in lakes separately - should I be subtracting all of these from the first figure? Or is the first figure not actually counting all sexual assault, thus making the map inaccurate and an unreliable source?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The overall % is low but how about the % of violent crime in Germany BEFORE the refugee crisis started? You have those numbers by any chance? 

-------

Current Rig

-------

37 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

The overall % is low but how about the % of violent crime in Germany BEFORE the refugee crisis started? You have those numbers by any chance? 

No idea - but I'd be willing to look at them and compare.

I just see no evidence of widespread refugee initiated crime that's above normal crime percentages.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

No idea - but I'd be willing to look at them and compare.

I just see no evidence of widespread refugee initiated crime that's above normal crime percentages.

I've seen different statistics and evidence of cover ups by authorities to under report, hide racial background info, etc. Still at work so I'll get the shitlord videos with that info later, so we can scrutinize it. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

14 hours ago, Organized said:

Bild is a terrible newspaper, I wouldn't even call it a "newspaper".

Let me tell you: at the beginning of the refugee crisis there was a big welcoming community here in germany. Many old people, including my grandma (over 80yrs old) started helping out at refugee camps, giving out food and clothes. She knows how terrible war is, because she was a child during WW2. But also other people helped out a lot. Bild then jumped on this train and for maybe half a year, they were like "refugees welcome!!!". At some point, Bild noticed that it's easier for them to make money with articles against refugees, because, and this is not a joke, people who read Bild are more likely uneducated and therefore easier to scare. They believe them everything, without trying to check facts written in their bullshit. And my own estimation is, that nationalistic people are mostly uneducated and more on the "poor" side, consequent more unsatisfied (with their lifes).

Many years we germans knew that for example the american society is controlled by fear. The media and politics did that on purpose, because feared people are more likely to accept undemocratic and freedom robbing political decisions, for example the Patriot Act. But we didn't have this in germany, at least not in such a dramatic way. But companies like the "Axel Springer Verlag" (publisher of the Bild and many, many other newspapers) try to implement this fear into the german society - only because you can make a lot of money with it.

Never ever believe something the Bild wrote without checking other sources, and even there you should always watch for "Source: Bild"...

I suspected as much. There's always a tabloid that drums up sales by tapping into the lowest common denominator.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

10 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I've seen different statistics and evidence of cover ups by authorities to under report, hide racial background info, etc. Still at work so I'll get the shitlord videos with that info later, so we can scrutinize it. 

In germany we have the Press code. Point 12.1 says:

When reporting crimes, it is not permissible to refer to the suspect‘s religious, ethnic or other minority membership unless this information can be justified as being relevant to the readers‘ understanding of the incident. In  particular,  it  must  be  borne  in  mind  that  such  references could stir up prejudices against minorities.

It's not a law, but serious newspapers respect this code. That's why we don't always refer to the racial background when we report about crimes.

33 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

Many of the immigrants entering Europe are not actually fleeing war or civil strife, but are rather "Economic migrants" who are taking advantage of the loose immigration checks to enter easily ( around 60% of the people entering the EU now ). There are numerous reports of boorish and outlandish behaviour by such refugees aside from criminal activities and many are appalled that people they allowed into their countries in the name of good will would behave like this. Many of them don't speak English, and the majority of them don't get any gainful employment, depending instead on welfare and many of them end up ghettoizing instead of integrating into society. There are also programs meant for allowing child refugees like in London, but these programs are being abused and the majority of people entering have been adult men instead of children. Many areas of major European cities are becoming ghettos, completely inaccessible to even the police. The majority of refugees to Europe have been men for quite some time and not women and children. These facts are being covered up instead of reported properly, and the concerns of the people regarding these issues are being dismissed as racist, only serving to foment more discontent. The refugee program had good intentions in mind, but was executed disastrously. It would be prudent to focus more on the fight against ISIS and the demarcation of safe zones there instead of making people live in refugee camps under squalid conditions..... The problems with the refugee crisis aren't as simple as a few crimes being committed by some refugees, but rather that many societies are being unduly stressed by it.

Sorry for my rambling, I'm rather sleepy and not in my right mind at the moment o.O

18 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

Leftist media : There are absolutely no problems with refugees and anybody claiming otherwise is a racist

Rightwing media : Don't let anymore "rapefugees" ( This is an actual term being used o.O ) into our country, they're nothing but trouble

Many people have observed problems among refugee communities, especially those working in law enforcement agencies, and the percentage of people buying into the second narrative is going to keep on increasing unless the first group begins to acknowledge there are SOME genuine problems related to refugees and the government starts genuinely addressing those issues......

Many rightwingers are becoming popular because of this, look at Marine Le Pen in France. A major chunk of the French army is now deployed on the streets of France after several terrorist attacks in the last year. ISIS is knowingly trying to exploit the refugee channels and send in undercover agents into the west. They even have a facility to print passports and it's incredibly difficult to verify the documents of people from war torn regions where records may no longer exist in the absence of a proper working government :/

I know there is only a tiny little chance that you will show your sources, but if possible, could you please post the source(s) for the areas in your posts that I have in bold?

Thanks.

$5 says this is straight up copy/paste... with little faces added in.

This is the reason we can't have reasonable discourse here and political threads get locked. Thanks for ruining it for all of us. Instead of refuting points you resort to childish ad-hominems. 

Would it be too much to ask that we all remain polite and don't defecto to "lol yo outside u nerd" when talking politics? Pretty please. 

@leadeater @Windspeed36

- snip-

3 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

I saw the thread might be locked soon. I hauled my ass here to the comp and hurried sources. Look fast @stconquest

Okay, okay... thanks for the sources... going through them.  :D

I will be leaving this thread locked due to the current rules not allowing any content that is political or religious in nature. This is something that isn't just about decreasing the workload on the moderation team, it has more to do with protecting the community and the members of it.

Recent history has shown that these threads have not turned out well and lead to multiple instances of reports/complaints being filed and most then result in warnings with points and suspensions. Comments very quickly escalate and are aggressive in nature and are almost always direct personal attacks, sometimes rather extreme in nature.

We don't want members being attacked, this is counter to:

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

We also don't want to give out warnings, suspensions and bans to members that would not normally be caught up in such matters. It is too easy for things to go wrong in these types of discussions at this present time.

I would however like to thank the majority of people that have participated in this thread so far, you have kept it civil and respected each others points of view even when different to your own. There unfortunately have been a couple of comments that have not been friendly/respectful or have shown signs that it could turn easily.

This rule may be relaxed later if these improvements continue but there just hasn't been enough time yet for the expectation of civil discourse in these threads to sink in, this is also a technology community at it's core and is why it exists. This comes first and not off topic content.