What are some good mechanical keyboards with cherry mx brown switches?

Bleedingyamato

I want to get a mechanical keyboard with brown switches but idk what brabds of models to look at.

I would appreciate some suggestions from people who have used keyboards with Cherry mx brown switches if possible.   

I'm looking for a keyboard with volume keys on it btw.    Blue lighting on it could be nice or maybe RGB but I'm not sure how much lighting matters.  ?

3 minutes ago, GatioH said:

I can personally preach for the G710+

Been amazing to me so far, not the smallest thing though.

Does it have a palm rest built in?   I'd prefer one without if it does.

I should've mentioned that in my post.  ?

Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S or L is nice. There is also an RGB version. It has media keys under the navigations keys (insert, home, page up, etc.)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

23 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Does it have a palm rest built in?   I'd prefer one without if it does.

I should've mentioned that in my post.  ?

It's attachable detachable.

I have the 710+ and it's solidly built. Like the other guy said. It is massive though.

3 minutes ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

I have the 710+ and it's solidly built. Like the other guy said. It is massive though.

^, just wanted to add that the arm rest is a hard plastic, still gets the job done though

50 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Logitech G710+ or Corsair K70 :3

Or maybe a Das Keyboard.

I can vouch for the K70 LUX.  It is sleek, sturdily built and has mx browns.  You should search amazon for "cherry mx brown" and see if there are some good keyboards for a good price where you live.

3 hours ago, GatioH said:

I can personally preach for the G710+

Been amazing to me so far, not the smallest thing though.

It could be too big.  I have a bit of a nonstandard setup in that I'm not using a desk.  My keyboard is balanced on a few game guides to raise it to an acceptable height sitting in front of it.  

3 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

Corsair strafe ? No media keys though 

Sorry.  I tend to adjust the volume periodically while I'm playing games so having volume controls on the keyboard is very nice so I don't have to deal with minimizing or quitting the game to change the volume.  

3 hours ago, Minibois said:

Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S or L is nice. There is also an RGB version. It has media keys under the navigations keys (insert, home, page up, etc.)

I'll take a look thank you.  

3 hours ago, fordaov3rlord said:

Not sure if it's been said but im pretty sure you can get the K70 in browns.

Have you used it?  Is it nice?

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Logitech G710+ or Corsair K70 :3

Or maybe a Das Keyboard.

I tried looking on both Amazon and Newegg for the G710+ but neither seems to be selling it directly.  Is it an older keyboard or any idea why it seems a bit hard to find?

Have you used either a G710+ or a K70?

I heard of Das Keyboard but I've never seen one myself.  Are they good?  

3 hours ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

Nice.  I wouldn't have room for a wrist rest so detachable is good.  

Any idea how big it is?

3 hours ago, GatioH said:

^, just wanted to add that the arm rest is a hard plastic, still gets the job done though

The material isn't as important as being able to remove it since I don't need it.  ?

2 hours ago, LinusJustTheTips said:

I can vouch for the K70 LUX.  It is sleek, sturdily built and has mx browns.  You should search amazon for "cherry mx brown" and see if there are some good keyboards for a good price where you live.

Does corsair make good keyboards?  

10 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

RGB means it has RGB LED lighting

Ah.  That would make sense.  I could live without the RGB but it's either that or red lighting and I don't want red.  To bad since the RGB version is more expensive at $150 on newegg.  Amazon doesn't seem to sell it themselves.  

Have you used a K70 by any chance?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ah.  That would make sense.  I could live without the RGB but it's either that or red lighting and I don't want red.  To bad since the RGB version is more expensive at $150 on newegg.  Amazon doesn't seem to sell it themselves.  

Have you used a K70 by any chance?

I've played around with a floor model at a store, but it was the MX red version.

I would replace my G710+ in a heartbeat with a K70 if I could justify it.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I've played around with a floor model at a store, but it was the MX red version.

I would replace my G710+ in a heartbeat with a K70 if I could justify it.

I assume there's something about the K70 you like a lot better?

8 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I like its design a lot better.

Ok.  

Currently the K70 seems to be my best option.  I'm super picky about stuff so I'll take "can live with using it and don't hate it" over paying more for it.  

I could go buy a cheap pos keyboard for like $10 from Best Buy but if $150 gets me a much nicer keyboard that will hopefully last me many years until I run it into the ground then I'm ok with that.  

I might look a bit more but I'm happy to have at least one confirmed good option to consider.  

Thank you.  

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Masterkeys Pro S/L

Ducky one

Ducky shine 6

There's a keyboard brand called Ducky?    Do either of those models have volume buttons?

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

There's a keyboard brand called Ducky?    Do either of those models have volume buttons?

mhm

340d407fcfb1d2a51ea86215fea7febf.png

They also ship with abs doubleshot which is a nice feature, still isn't PBT caps but it's still better caps than common brands like corsair/razer/cm

28 minutes ago, Aytex said:

mhm

340d407fcfb1d2a51ea86215fea7febf.png

They also ship with abs doubleshot which is a nice feature, still isn't PBT caps but it's still better caps than common brands like corsair/razer/cm

What's abs doubleshot?

Or PBT?

G710+ is awesome, and what I'm using. I can't live without real media keys and I need a full size board for work. If you want something a little less huge, go for the G810 Orion. Basically a smaller, more minimal G710+.

Das Keyboards are freaking awesome, and feel great but cost a bomb to buy. Otherwise Corsair K70 RGB or K95 RGB titanium are sick too.

Laptop: Asus GA502DU

RAM: 16GB DDR4 | CPU: Ryzen 3750H | GPU: GTX 1660ti

I really like my Logitech G610. The MX Browns are nice and quiet, the volume control is perfect, and the ability to change the brightness of the backlit keys is icing on the cake.

-KuJoe

2 hours ago, Rangaman42 said:

G710+ is awesome, and what I'm using. I can't live without real media keys and I need a full size board for work. If you want something a little less huge, go for the G810 Orion. Basically a smaller, more minimal G710+.

Das Keyboards are freaking awesome, and feel great but cost a bomb to buy. Otherwise Corsair K70 RGB or K95 RGB titanium are sick too.

The 810 looks decent but doesn't have the brown switches I'm looking for.  Sorry.

I just looked at a Das Keyboard on Newegg.  It looks nice but why are the keys blank?

How is that good if the keys aren't labeled?  ?

2 hours ago, KuJoe said:

I really like my Logitech G610. The MX Browns are nice and quiet, the volume control is perfect, and the ability to change the brightness of the backlit keys is icing on the cake.

It looks nice and I like that the price is less than the K70.  Another good option.  

Thank you.