YouTube co-founder wonders 'why the fuck' comments require a Google+ account

Gunzkewl

Weird, I just installed Tampermonkey on Chrome and installed the YouTube Center Userscript just yesterday :huh:

I mean in the future,

I mean in the future,

Ah okay, had a brain fart there haha.

Then it's obvious, don't use Chrome. Opera 15 and higher uses a Chromium engine, so it feels similar, but it has an Opera spin to it.

You can install a Opera exntension that allows you to install Chrome extensions as well. The only thing wrong with Opera 15 in my eyes is that they removed the Bookmarks toolbar, but they have been talking about adding it in later on.

See if you like it, I do and I've been using it for months now.

Ah okay, had a brain fart there haha.

Then it's obvious, don't use Chrome. Opera 15 and higher uses a Chromium engine, so it feels similar, but it has an Opera spin to it.

You can install a Opera exntension that allows you to install Chrome extensions as well. The only thing wrong with Opera 15 in my eyes is that they removed the Bookmarks toolbar, but they have been talking about adding it in later on.

See if you like it, I do and I've been using it for months now.

YouTube Center is one of my favorite extensions, I'll hate to see it block. It is nice to know you can use it on Opera. Thank you

I don't really get why people hate the new comments section. It used to be pretty bad and now  at least the Google+ requirements blocks some trolls.

Because those retarded trolls that rely on simply anonymity are now going to spread out into forum communities like ours.  With the google+ requirement they can be better tracked and banned. 

At least the old system provided them with a playground that kept them amused and in general away from the more intelligent forum users like us.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Because those retarded trolls that rely on simply anonymity are now going to spread out into forum communities like ours.  With the google+ requirement they can be better tracked and banned. 

At least the old system provided them with a playground that kept them amused and in general away from the more intelligent forum users like us.

So you're saying blocking trolls is a bad thing? Pretty sure that if any trolls try to attack LinusTechTips or any other forum they'll get banned right away because most forums already have a functional system for removing trolls.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

All they did in the past two years: They broke the video player, they broke the framework, they removed features, they are lapdogs of the DMCAA attack bots from hell and they are trying to use YouTube as a weapon to force people to sign up for something as useless as Google+. And nothing of value was gained at all.

YouTube is dead to me now, I can't even properly watch a video in 1080p anymore without first disabling hardware acceleration --> reloading the page --> switching to 1080p again --> click the time track to force the 1080p stream in --> enable hardware acceleration --> Reload the page AGAIN --> set 1080p and click the time track AGAIN!!!

And in that convoluted process they always end up showing me at least 2 ads.

I am migrating all my content to Vimeo, and removing the YT subscriptions e-mail notifications and bookmark. Any of my subscriptions who doesn't go to a better service will have to do without my views, and that goes for Linus too.

What the hell kind of system setup do you have where you need to do all that just to watch a video? I'll admit Youtube is far from perfect, but there's something seriously wrong with your setup if you have to go through all of that.

So you're saying blocking trolls is a bad thing? Pretty sure that if any trolls try to attack LinusTechTips or any other forum they'll get banned right away because most forums already have a functional system for removing trolls.

No, I am saying youtube gave trolls a place to troll where they weren't disturbing anyone, kinda like a bucket of shit in the corner to attract the flies away from the bbq,  But now that google have made it harder to be a troll on youtube we are likely to see more in forums like this one. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Don't comment on youtube, or read comments on youtube. Problem solved. Who gives a fuck what someone you'll never meet has to say about a video you wont be thinking about an hour later?

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

omg i saw the new youtube comment layout and i puked

i cant like comments that are on the "most liked" fucking retarded then there is the comment reply links which have gone ough i cant be bothered  

just watch the videos and get the fuck out

YouTube Center is one of my favorite extensions, I'll hate to see it block. It is nice to know you can use it on Opera. Thank you

If you turn on developer mode, then drag and drop the YT Centre file in your extensions (chrome://extensions/), then it will give a prompt, but it can be installed onto Chrome, it works lovely for me. :D

Also, the comment is real. https://www.youtube.com/user/jawed/

I believe this is a sign that Google needs to fix their act, when you have one of the creators of the site disapproving of it.

My PC (codenamed Genesis) - Corsair Air 540, i5 4690k, ASUS ROG Maximus VII Ranger, EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0, 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 1600MHz, 240GB Samsung 840 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler (not in case), EVGA SuperNova G2 750W PSU, Asus ROG Swift PG2789Q monitor, Logitech G502 mouse, and Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard (brown switches)

I hold Facebook's terrible userbase partially to blame. This new Youtube UI screams Facebook wannabe that it's hard to ignore.

Youtube is for sharing videos, not for being a half-assed social media experiment.

As a YouTuber, comment section was always shit, but then again, so was the video player (takes too much ram+cpu usage), related videos, promoted channels, annotations, playlists, SUB BOX, and advertising system

For those suggesting Youtube Centre; I had it up until a few days ago, it was great but I realised that it was slowing my internet down to 30kb/s when I watched videos, regardless of resolution, so there was something up with that...

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

This comment is actually old, I think from 2012... early 2013 at the least. Nonetheless it's good that it's getting attention.