How not to upgrade your pc

nanowatt

So, my friend bought himself a new gpu without asking myself or anybody about it. A few hours ago i got a call from him complaining he sees no results with his new gpu and i went to investigate. This is what i found.

Kids, don't be as dumb as my friend 

bzmiXzj.jpg

tld_2017_02_12_23_34_59_527.bmp

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

What GPU did he buy also I would have looked into a little more RAM first. Ohh out of curiosity what CPU does he have?

Would also love to know the gpu and specs of his machine. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Perhaps he can return it and buy a better CPU lol

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

1 minute ago, stconquest said:

100% on the CPU, 28% on the GPU?

Yup.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

2 hours ago, FJRiley said:

What GPU did he buy also I would have looked into a little more RAM first. Ohh out of curiosity what CPU does he have?

2 hours ago, Zusafek said:

Would also love to know the gpu and specs of his machine. 

2 hours ago, Railgun said:

Perhaps he can return it and buy a better CPU lol

2 hours ago, stconquest said:

100% on the CPU, 28% on the GPU?

Lucky bastard found a brand new asus 7970 platinum. Some warehouse was cleaning old stock and found a bunch of those. He got it with 100$. 

As for the cpu, a g3258, not a bad one, but god damn does it hold that card back

The ram is fine, he has a single stick of 8gb.

Edited by nanowatt
Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

3 minutes ago, nanowatt said:

Lucky bastard found a brand new asus 7970 platinum. Some warehouse was cleaning old stock and found a bunch of those. He got it with 100$. 

As for the cpu, a g3258, not a bad one, but god damn does it hold that card back

Yeah because taking a good deal is dumb.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

2 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Yeah because taking a good deal is dumb.

It's not a bad move, but for now the money he spend were for nothing. He has to wait for about 3-4 months to get enough money for a 4460

1 minute ago, nanowatt said:

It's not a bad move, but for now the money he spend were for nothing. He has to wait for about 3-4 month to get enough money for a 4460

In some games, and if he overclocks that Pentium he can get some decent performance.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

2 minutes ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

In some games, and if he overclocks that Pentium he can get some decent performance.

I guess he could. 

If your friend is in the Us then ask him if hes interested in getting an i5, I have a 4430 that I just upgraded from sitting around doing nothing that I would be willing to let go for cheap. Ive not got around to posting it on ebay so if hes interested he can have first dibs.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

9 hours ago, Ostwind said:

If your friend is in the Us then ask him if hes interested in getting an i5, I have a 4430 that I just upgraded from sitting around doing nothing that I would be willing to let go for cheap. Ive not got around to posting it on ebay so if hes interested he can have first dibs.

We are from Romania, but thanks for your offer. If it wasn't for the delay and the shipping i would buy it for him

3 hours ago, nanowatt said:

We are from Romania, but thanks for your offer. If it wasn't for the delay and the shipping i would buy it for him

yea it wouldnt be worth with how much shipping would be.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"