The Minuum Keyboard Project

bradscoolio

Found this really cool keyboard on reddit and thought you guys would like to check it out :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Awesome

"Everyone is ten years old on the internet."

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

very interesting idea! I'm always irritated how much of my screen the keyboard takes up.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Awesome!

[i relish in the fact that iPhones will never get real support]

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I would certainly download this app :D Even pay for it^^

Kinda weird on my S2 and my Note10.1 when the Keyboard takes 2/3 of my screen when I need the keyboard.

Although I am not sure how this will work on a Phone screen since people are being very used to the Layout on the small ones.

On a tablet on the other hand this will usually be very nice since eventhough I have been using tablets for about 3 years now, I still find it odd to write on the touch keyboard.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Seems like a cool idea but my phone keyboard already has awesome prediction and I don't need to be very accurate. I'd defiantly type faster on QWERTY than this, though on a bigger tablet screen this may be more useful. I'd question the practicality of having such small letters across the bottom of a phone screen, tablet might be alright though.

Seems like a cool idea but my phone keyboard already has awesome prediction and I don't need to be very accurate. I'd defiantly type faster on QWERTY than this, though on a bigger tablet screen this may be more useful. I'd question the practicality of having such small letters across the bottom of a phone screen, tablet might be alright though.
The idea is that the keyboard doesn't take up as much room on the screen. Did you actually watch the video to see how it works? It's essentially the same as predictive text like on dumbphones. I wouldn't question its accuracy until you actually try it.

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

Yeah I know I watched it. But having all your letters in a line, I'd take some getting use to. My thumbs naturally sit around the A-L line on a phone keyboard, not near the bottom of the screen. I just seem myself getting the shits with this implementation. I've got no problem with 1/2 a 4.something inch screen being taken up with a keyboard, I'm not writing essays on my phone.

I think it will be very effective once you get used to it, much like any other obscure software.