PC New Buld Need advice

Heya all, thought I come here and get some advice and help. In the next month or so I plan on building a new rig , My old rig has served me very well in its years, but decided its time for a change. My current rig has a 2500k cpu , 16gb ram , GTX 970. I will reuse all my old drives , and will stay with my 970 as it is a very good card and still plays everything I want to play, Also will keep my 1000 watt psu as well.

What I am looking for is possibly at the i7 6700k , a ASUS STRIX Z270F GAMING LGA 1151 Intel Z270 (I like the abilty to add rgb lighting to this board) , and at least 16gb ram (32 would be nice, overkill for me but nice). What I am needing advice on is what would be a good air cooler (dont want to water cool) that could handle mild over clocking if I decide to. Also any case recomendations that could mount a bluray drive, has decent build quality , side window to show off internals , and wont break the bank. Any other advice such as what kind of ram, or if you have any other suggestions in terms of motherboards that offer the same thing I am looking for (such as rgb headers on the mobo) would be welcomed and helpful.

Thanks!

Cryorig h7

Cryorig r1/h5

Be quiet dark rock 3/pro3

Noctua nha d14/d15

3 minutes ago, pandianightcross said:

Heya all, thought I come here and get some advice and help. In the next month or so I plan on building a new rig , My old rig has served me very well in its years, but decided its time for a change. My current rig has a 2500k cpu , 16gb ram , GTX 970. I will reuse all my old drives , and will stay with my 970 as it is a very good card and still plays everything I want to play, Also will keep my 1000 watt psu as well.

What I am looking for is possibly at the i7 6700k , a ASUS STRIX Z270F GAMING LGA 1151 Intel Z270 (I like the abilty to add rgb lighting to this board) , and at least 16gb ram (32 would be nice, overkill for me but nice). What I am needing advice on is what would be a good air cooler (dont want to water cool) that could handle mild over clocking if I decide to. Also any case recomendations that could mount a bluray drive, has decent build quality , side window to show off internals , and wont break the bank. Any other advice such as what kind of ram, or if you have any other suggestions in terms of motherboards that offer the same thing I am looking for (such as rgb headers on the mobo) would be welcomed and helpful.

Thanks!

if you arent running win 7 or 8 i would recommend the 7700k because its newer and thats the main direction that your mother board is pointed towards and I dont think that 5.5 inch drive bays are a thing anymore if you want a decent overclock I would spend a little money on a water cooler myself because I'm not found of air cooling but from what I hear a  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 is pretty good 

Not interested in going to the 7700k at the moment, skylake would be fine for me as it would give the ability to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 if I decide to.

Not interested in going to the 7700k at the moment, skylake would be fine for me as it would give the ability to dual boot windows 7 and windows 10 if I decide to.

Ive also thought about waiting for Ryzen and going that route, heard good things. It all depends though.

Ive also thought about waiting for Ryzen and going that route, heard good things. It all depends though.

Anyone have any pc case suggestions?

with that much power, why not go for DDR5 RAM? Its worth with all the power you're going to want. consider selling old parts to help pay for anything new. 

Anyone have any pc case suggestions?

On 2/10/2017 at 9:19 AM, akio5000 said:

with that much power, why not go for DDR5 RAM? Its worth with all the power you're going to want. consider selling old parts to help pay for anything new. 

Older parts will be recycled and reused in my stepdaughters PC. She has a Core2Quad, so my old 2500k would be a very nice upgrade for her!