New Mouse!

GeorgeKellow

I'm 18 in march and my mum has asked what I want for my birthday. I was thinking a new mouse for my setup

Anyone have/used a good wireless mouse? I want wireless becauase I don't play mmo's or anything. The games I play are Fallout (3, NV,4) Football manager 17 Minecraft and a few others 

UK- Not sure what budget xD 

if you dont care about how much it costs, i can only say positive things about my Logitech G900. best mouse i have ever used 

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5 GhZ COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 GPU: Gainward GTX1080 GS MOBO: MSi Z170 Gaming M7 HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB PSU: Be quiet Power Zone 850W CASE: CoolerMaster Master Case 5 Pro DISPLAY: ASUS ROG PG348Q + LG 34UM95 + Samsung U28E850R + Samsung C24F396 SERVER: HP MicroServer G8 w/ HP P222 & 4x Seagate 8TB RAID5

3 minutes ago, GeorgeKellow said:

I'm 18 in march and my mum has asked what I want for my birthday. I was thinking a new mouse for my setup

Anyone have/used a good wireless mouse? I want wireless becauase I don't play mmo's or anything. The games I play are Fallout (3, NV,4) Football manager 17 Minecraft and a few others 

UK- Not sure what budget xD 

Minecraft?  And you're 18, want a nerf mouse. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Well, i don't think you can talk about wireless mice without mentioning the Logitech MX Master. I have used this mouse, not for gaming, but it is a great pickup for general use. From what i have seen, the Logitech G900 looks like a good choice if you want to focus on a gaming mouse. 

Gaming rig : i5 6600k | EVGA 1070 FTW | 16Go DDR4 HyperX Fury | Intel 600p - WD Black

Laptop : Macbook 2017

Home server : AMD A10 7700k | 2*2TB unraid array + 250GB ssd cache

1 minute ago, jools said:

if ur a gamer it gotta be wired....

This guy uses a wireless mouse

thou generally logitech is the best bang for buck price for mice

Logitech G602 or G900?

2 minutes ago, Kingk22 said:

What are the main differences between the MX Master and the G900

I haven't used the G900, but the obvious differences include the fact that the MX Master is not a gaming mouse and the MX Master has a scroll wheel on the side, i think this would get annoying in games as you may hit it during play. The G900 has more macro buttons on the side, catering it towards gamers. The G900 also has a more accurate sensor. 

I personally would always go for wired for less latency and not having to change batteries, but if you're really set on wireless check out Logitech's lineup.

Don't go wireless, theres some great ones don't get me wrong, but I had a bad experience with a few models. One had interference from my then metal desk, another had interference from the microwave or hair dryer or something never worked out what - then theres the battery issue ..... I was a WOW raider then, nothing worse than batteries going low on a boss pull .....

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Mad Catz M.O.U.S 9. It is wireless but it is really accurate.

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

Check th G403 wireless as well, if the G900 is too expensive.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

3 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Check th G403 wireless as well, if the G900 is too expensive.

on the UK amazon there is £5 in it so it should not really be a factor. But if you prefer an ergo shape to an ambidextrous one then its defiantly worth considering.

17 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Don't go wireless, theres some great ones don't get me wrong, but I had a bad experience with a few models. One had interference from my then metal desk, another had interference from the microwave or hair dryer or something never worked out what - then theres the battery issue ..... I was a WOW raider then, nothing worse than batteries going low on a boss pull .....

Their latest wireless tech has been tested in lan environments with no problems. I doubt a metal table would do anything. Did you actually use one of there new wireless mice G403 wireless or the G900 or is this from some old logitech mouse you had cas it kinda sounds implausible that a metal table would cause issues.

Also 36 hours of continuous use plus the ability to use it while its charging plus it warns you before it runs out of power means its really on you that it ran out of power during a pull and not a legitimate criticism of the mice.

I understand your statements might not be about the two mice that have been suggested, but if this is the case don't say things like 'Don't go wireless' when you don't know.

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

5 hours ago, Rupe said:

on the UK amazon there is £5 in it so it should not really be a factor. But if you prefer an ergo shape to an ambidextrous one then its defiantly worth considering.

Their latest wireless tech has been tested in lan environments with no problems. I doubt a metal table would do anything. Did you actually use one of there new wireless mice G403 wireless or the G900 or is this from some old logitech mouse you had cas it kinda sounds implausible that a metal table would cause issues.

Also 36 hours of continuous use plus the ability to use it while its charging plus it warns you before it runs out of power means its really on you that it ran out of power during a pull and not a legitimate criticism of the mice.

I understand your statements might not be about the two mice that have been suggested, but if this is the case don't say things like 'Don't go wireless' when you don't know.

Thanks for your demeaning reply. This wasn't those mice no, it was a reply to the OP's post and as I didn't quote anyone who recommended those mice there should be no way you should assume that I was speaking of those mice. The very fact a test had to be done, proves the theory that there are massive doubts about wireless mice. I also watched a video by LTT and whilst reaction times etc were good there never was an interference test carried out.

Also it was pretty obvious that this is an older mouse as I said "my then metal desk", which in fact did cause interference and was one of the reasons I decided to get a new desk back then which cleared that issue up. As for battery life, it wasn't a charging cradle one, it used standard AA batteries and when they got low the mouse movement became erratic and "stutter" instantly and there was no battery warning on it - so no, it's not on me, it's down to circumstance.

Lastly this is my opinion based on my use of wireless mice, much like some peoples opinions on car brands that they have owned, mine was a shit experience, I therefore never recommend wireless to anyone same as some people tell people to avoid SLI like the plague based on their experience, I don't get but hurt about it, I just add my opinion of why SLI isn't so bad based on my experience, not try and call people out for lying .......

The very first article I find has 9/10 wired mice, admittedly the 900 is in there

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/peripherals/best-gaming-mouse-top-5-gaming-mice-reviewed-1270941

Theres a reason for this, most wireless mice are shit for gaming, defacto. Also not everyone likes the added weight that "can" come with a wireless mice or the hassle of charging it. I have ERP enabled in my bios as I use a small USB powered LCD screen that stays on if I have ERP disabled, meaning no USB devices are powered when the PC is shut down, and I don't wanna have my PC powered up just to charge my mouse ..... practicality in my situation (everyone is different) = zero

Ryzen Ram Guide

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

3 hours ago, stealth80 said:

Thanks for your demeaning reply. This wasn't those mice no, it was a reply to the OP's post and as I didn't quote anyone who recommended those mice there should be no way you should assume that I was speaking of those mice. The very fact a test had to be done, proves the theory that there are massive doubts about wireless mice. I also watched a video by LTT and whilst reaction times etc were good there never was an interference test carried out.

Also it was pretty obvious that this is an older mouse as I said "my then metal desk", which in fact did cause interference and was one of the reasons I decided to get a new desk back then which cleared that issue up. As for battery life, it wasn't a charging cradle one, it used standard AA batteries and when they got low the mouse movement became erratic and "stutter" instantly and there was no battery warning on it - so no, it's not on me, it's down to circumstance.

Lastly this is my opinion based on my use of wireless mice, much like some peoples opinions on car brands that they have owned, mine was a shit experience, I therefore never recommend wireless to anyone same as some people tell people to avoid SLI like the plague based on their experience, I don't get but hurt about it, I just add my opinion of why SLI isn't so bad based on my experience, not try and call people out for lying .......

The very first article I find has 9/10 wired mice, admittedly the 900 is in there

http://www.techradar.com/news/computing-components/peripherals/best-gaming-mouse-top-5-gaming-mice-reviewed-1270941

Theres a reason for this, most wireless mice are shit for gaming, defacto. Also not everyone likes the added weight that "can" come with a wireless mice or the hassle of charging it. I have ERP enabled in my bios as I use a small USB powered LCD screen that stays on if I have ERP disabled, meaning no USB devices are powered when the PC is shut down, and I don't wanna have my PC powered up just to charge my mouse ..... practicality in my situation (everyone is different) = zero

It doesnt matter if you have had a bad experience with an old battery mouse. Saying 'Don't go wireless' when you know there has been innovation in this area is an unjustifed thing to say and may potentally put people off the correct choice of mouse (Don't get me wrong its they are not for everyone given you have 2 choices and they are expensive). You come in make a blanket statement like that as if you know, and don't expect to be called out on it. 

If you had been more specific and said 'I had an old logitech wireless mouse and I had some issues with the wireless' and left out the first part then fine. But its just misleading to have started your post as you did without actually having used the only wireless mice people had suggested. 

In this video at the start you can see they do test interferance

Processor: i7 7700k@Stock GPU: GTX 1080 MSI Armor OC  Mobo: Asus Prime Z270-A RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB 3200 MHz CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 SSD: Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB Case: Phanteks P400s PSU: Gigabyte B700H Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz Mouse: Logitech G900 Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ MX Blues

1 hour ago, Rupe said:

It doesnt matter if you have had a bad experience with an old battery mouse. Saying 'Don't go wireless' when you know there has been innovation in this area is an unjustifed thing to say and may potentally put people off the correct choice of mouse (Don't get me wrong its they are not for everyone given you have 2 choices and they are expensive). You come in make a blanket statement like that as if you know, and don't expect to be called out on it. 

If you had been more specific and said 'I had an old logitech wireless mouse and I had some issues with the wireless' and left out the first part then fine. But its just misleading to have started your post as you did without actually having used the only wireless mice people had suggested. 

In this video at the start you can see they do test interferance

I started my post  "Don't go wireless, there's some great ones don't get me wrong" followed by my reasons, experiences of wireless mice, i never said dont go wireless theyre all rubbish etc.

It's my opinion, its down to personal experience, and still 9/10 of the better gaming mice are wired ... go figure. Just because 2 mice out of the whole wireless market are decent doesn't make the wireless mouse market a better option, fact. 

Also I don't know why you keep banging on about it. I had a bad experience with wireless mice, (2 of yes it was over 4 years ago) and for that reason I havent had another since and doubt I would. I see no reason to have one when a wired one is generally (aka in most circumstances not all) better, lighter and more comfortable. Again my opinion. I haven't tried to say your advice is wrong because some video somewhere says a wired mouse is so why are you to trying to effectively down vote mine, when there has been other posts within this thread that just say no wireless without any reasoning?

Also (not trying to be a dick here, but you've rattled me) if that wireless mouse is so good as you say, why are you using a wired mouse?

That statement pretty much sums up why I have my M65, nice weight and feel, as I said, wireless mice tend to feel heavy and I dont like the idea of having to charge it, the reasons I said earlier. now throw in the fact my previous 2 were shit .... 

Ryzen Ram Guide

13 hours ago, stealth80 said:

I started my post  "Don't go wireless, there's some great ones don't get me wrong" followed by my reasons, experiences of wireless mice, i never said dont go wireless theyre all rubbish etc.

The moment there are exceptions to a rule and you state said rule you undermine everyone who is suggesting the exceptions. So no you should not suggest that people should not go wireless even if as a generality this is true, especially as you yourself knew 'there's some great ones don't get me wrong'.

Just because 2 mice out of the whole wireless market are decent doesn't make the wireless mouse market a better option, fact. 

No it doesn't mean the wireless mouse market is a better option (Infact i agree with you that wireless tech has not been up to snuff until these two mice). But It doesn't necessarily mean a wireless mouse wouldn't be better though. But by saying 'Don't go wireless' you remove the option all together when one of those two mice might be right for the OP. Might not, but they might.

I had a bad experience with wireless mice, (2 of yes it was over 4 years ago) and for that reason I havent had another since and doubt I would. I see no reason to have one when a wired one is generally (aka in most circumstances not all) better, lighter and more comfortable.

This is what you should of said In your original post and left out 'Don't go wireless'. Knowing that the wireless mouse you used was old, and knowing that technology moves on and that there are new mice improved mice out there. It just seemed like a bad piece of advice.

Also (not trying to be a dick here, but you've rattled me) if that wireless mouse is so good as you say, why are you using a wired mouse?

As i have stated there are still reasons why one would not want a wireless mouse. Such as price, weight(if you want a really light mouse) and shape, so my points would still stand regardless. But as it happens I own 3 mice, Razer Deathadder Chroma, Logitech G900 and a Corsair Scimitar for good measure.

why are you to trying to effectively down vote mine, when there has been other posts within this thread that just say no wireless without any reasoning?

Yours was the first one i noticed... So i guess you were unlucky :P mwhahaha

That statement pretty much sums up why I have my M65, nice weight and feel, as I said, wireless mice tend to feel heavy and I dont like the idea of having to charge it, the reasons I said earlier. now throw in the fact my previous 2 were shit .... 

At 117g that mouse is heavier than both the G900 and the G403 wireless(granted not put together). Just saying. Plus assuming you have the non pro version its using a laser sensor and that should make you feel bad!! #OpticalMasterRace