Pc Upgrades am i good for a while or not?

Hello I am currently running this rig (these are the parts I wish to upgrade I didn't include the mobo as It wont work with the new Cpu anyways)

CPU: AMD FX 8320 3.50GHz

GPU: Nvidia 750 ti

RAM: 16gb DDR3

I wish to upgrade these parts into these but I'm actually thinking that maybe the CPU and RAM are not worth it and I should just spend it on a new (better) GPU, so

this is what I did have in mind for the new parts (I am a gamer however I do enjoy building and benchmarking PC's much more these days thanks a lot Linus).

Mobo: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Z170-Skylake-CrossFire-Motherboard/dp/B0126R2LBK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1486345087&sr=8-6&keywords=LGA1151+motherboard

CPU: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-i7-7700K-QuadCore-Cache-Processor/dp/B01MXSI216/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486343455&sr=8-1&keywords=Intel®+Core™+i7-7700K

GPU: https://www.amazon.co.uk/MSI-GeForce-GTX-1070-ARMOR/dp/B01GVHNW3W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486344327&sr=8-4&keywords=nvidia+gtx+1070

RAM: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-FURY-DDR4-HX424C15FBK2-32/dp/B01D8U2AHO/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1486345059&sr=8-14&keywords=ddr4+ram+32gb

Total cost: £1051

I am also open to suggestion if you think any parts are not bang for the buck and you have a better part in mind price isn't to much of an issue just don't be ridiculous and recommend a titan xp or something.

Is it worth upgrading? I was going to go all out but I'm starting to think that its not really worth it and I'm just buying stuff for the sake of it (also don't worry about PSU as I don't mind sorting that myself).

personally i'd wait until ryzen comes out later this month then look into getting a hyper threaded 4 core or even a 6 core (if they announce one). Also i'd personally go with an EVGA 1070 over MSI Armour anyday :)

okay, but what's the difference I only picked that one because it was the cheapest 1070 on amazon with 8gb of vram I mean.

Hi,

16GB of RAM is enough for gaming and desktop applications, 32GB would be more suitable for video / audio work and virtualisation.

I agree with @Squibbies18, wait for after AMD Ryzen has been launched and benchmarked and you'll possibly be able to pick up even better configuration.

And if you don't mind waiting a little bit more, Vega GPUs are scheduled for 2H2017 :)

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

fair enough thanks for the input I do think I am going slightly overkill with the RAM as I just tested my current PC with the 16GB of DDR3 RAM and I wasn't even using half of it in games that love RAM for example Fallout 4.

4 minutes ago, Jordyboy3 said:

fair enough thanks for the input I do think I am going slightly overkill with the RAM as I just tested my current PC with the 16GB of DDR3 RAM and I wasn't even using half of it in games that love RAM for example Fallout 4.

I think that 16GB of RAM is acceptable to be honest. it all depends on the type of games you play. Games like battlefield 1 and Forza horizion 3 recommend 12GB of ram i think. Getting 16GB on a platform that support DDR4 is good as DDR4 isn't going to be outdated anytime soon and it's a good amount of ram if you decide to do some light video editing. Basically future proofing RAM wise isn't too bad :)

It's all good. wait for ryzen if you can though.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Okay thanks guys I kinda thought it was overkill but thanks for the input.