I need a new Mini ITX case

MarkK

I currently have the Cooler Master Elite 130 picked out in Pc Parts Picker, but I heard claims about there not being enough air flow (This is my build   https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WoTplayer/saved/qbzhMp ). What are some cases that have the same relative size but better air flow?

Edited by MarkK

Silverstone's Sugo series might work. But I think the issue with "not enough airflow" is the fact the PSU overhangs the motherboard area and the Sugo series has that as well I believe.

If you don't mind a flat style case, I would recommend Silverstone's RVZ01 or FTZ01. Or even smaller, Silverstone's RVZ02 or Fractal's Node 202. I wouldn't say airflow is an issue since I have the FTZ01 and the hardware seems fine (then again, I have intake fans for the GPU to supplement cooling)

Fractal Design Core 500?

If you dont wanna switch case maybe getting a blower style GPU can help with airflow.
Also i would invest in a better PSU (the one you have is tier 4). Possibly a smaller one like the EVGA Supernova GS.

Hi,

Czech out the Fractal Design Node 304 or Core 500

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

21 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Silverstone's Sugo series might work. But I think the issue with "not enough airflow" is the fact the PSU overhangs the motherboard area and the Sugo series has that as well I believe.

If you don't mind a flat style case, I would recommend Silverstone's RVZ01 or FTZ01. Or even smaller, Silverstone's RVZ02 or Fractal's Node 202. I wouldn't say airflow is an issue since I have the FTZ01 and the hardware seems fine (then again, I have intake fans for the GPU to supplement cooling)

I have owned all of the said cases and more actually.
Other overhanging PSU designs like the SG05 or SG13 are reversible as to initake from inside or outside and  taking air from the mobo area actually helps he airflow since OP is going with an AIO. I have tested this exact build with an overclock 5820k. Im sure pictures are somewhere on the LTT forums.

The FT series are bit of a pain in the ass to work with and still have a lot of space wasted.
both FTZ, node202 and RVZ01 cant handle AIO, not easily atleast, and they are alot bigger than the SG series.

Dear OP, for your build i recommend the SG13 if you are willing to do bit of work, just dont put the HDD mounting plate in, and use the under motherboard SSD mount or just slap it on/beside the psu or something.
If you use a PSU where the modular headers are more on one side (example seasonic 860), you can also fit the HDD in there. it will be resting in the top side frame and above the bundle of modular cables.

Its quite bit of work, but it will be one heck of a small brick thats full of powaaa.
or u can get an SFX PSU, and have no trouble at all xD

note:i had to use big ass psu, due to 5280k+r9 390x (needs a case mod to fit).

For you an SFX psu is better. ST450 will allow easy installation of your HDD. ST500-L might be a little cramped still. Both have enough juice to power your system safely.

For more powaa, get the asrock x99e-itx.

Just hit me up if you need help.