What mechanical keyboard should i get?

Supersonicboss1

Strafe RGB

But why reds? they're fast and good for fps but not the nicest typing experience. 

idk

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

K70 RGB, or if you wanr TKL maybe the K65.

the K65 was the best keyboard i ever owned, but i sold it because i wanted cherry browns.

I'm not sure, what key switches do you recommend?

1 minute ago, Supersonicboss1 said:

for gaming, anything linear like MX reds or MX speed. for typing/productivity MX browns or blues.

You said you wanted cherry red. So get those.

I prefer browns though

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Strafe RGB

But why reds? they're fast and good for fps but not the nicest typing experience. 

what key switches do you recommend? 

what key switches do you recommend? 

Reds or Rapidfires for FPS/APM

Browns for best of both worlds

Blues for typing

idk

8 minutes ago, Supersonicboss1 said:

Forgot to list budget

up to £120/$152

Get the Corsair STRAFE RGB. I just got it and it is AMAZING. Cherry MX Reds aren't bad for typing, in fact, I really like them for typing!

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, Supersonicboss1 said:

I was thinking k70/k65 RGB or strafe RGB

I do mainly gaming

Get the K70 RGB if you want the best build quality.

Get the STRAFE RGB if you want the best RGB LEDs...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

20 minutes ago, Supersonicboss1 said:

I want

RGB

Cherry MX red

Got any Suggestions?

k70.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

10 minutes ago, Supersonicboss1 said:

is there any place i can try the key switches for myself

i live in the uk

i would get a switch tester (box). basically a little box that you can put individual switches in and test them out. it's not the same as trying out a keyboard with the switch, but it's a start. 

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

For MX reds, you don't have variations with switch batches so just depends what features you want.

For example if you wanted RGB Blues, I would ONLY recommend a Shine 6 as Ducky seems to have gotten much better batches of blues recently.  (Much better than iKBC), and Corsair discontinued blues except in sporadic batches due to QA issues.  But anyway:

If you want RGB software toy with plugins and RGB games like Snake and Pong, Corsair for sure.  Nonstandard bottom row doesn't matter anymore as Vortex has their doubleshot PBT 129 keycap set out (Accommodates all nonstandard rows now).  As long as you can handle CUE issues and some firmware issues and you get better keycaps than stock.

I'd avoid Razer, although their newest keyboard uses Cherry switches again.

If you want basic RGB onboard, Ducky or Coolermaster Pro S/L.

iKBC F108 and F87 have the best stock Keycaps (doubleshot PBT), but the RGB fade modes sort of suck compared to Ducky and everyone else (colors cut out way too soon).

u can go with a razer blackwidow chroma tournment editioṇ ̣(razer orange swtich is my favorrite) WHY ?:

1:HAVE RGB (fully customizeable with the razer app)

2:IT is silent (only with orange swtich)

3:IT IS A RAZER PRODUCT

this is my opion, but if u like it u can save an extra 20$ for it.

OR go with the new K95 platium. >Xp

1 minute ago, lawmen2002 said:

u can go with a razer blackwidow chroma tournment editioṇ ̣(razer orange swtich is my favorrite) WHY ?:

1:HAVE RGB (fully customizeable with the razer app)

2:IT is silent (only with orange swtich)

3:IT IS A RAZER PRODUCT

this is my opion, but if u like it u can save an extra 20$ for it.

OR go with the new K95 platium. >Xp

Massive no. Chinese garbage switches, terrible support, and an app that makes you sign in to change stuff and constantly fucks up on you. 

I'd rather have the abomination that is Roccat's software (with all of its useless features) than Synapse Spyware on my system. 

If you want silent, go with Strafe RGB with MX Silent. It's a blue without the audible click. And it's actually customisable, unlike with the BWidow where you literally can't take off the spacebar. 

idk

12 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

For MX reds, you don't have variations with switch batches so just depends what features you want.

For example if you wanted RGB Blues, I would ONLY recommend a Shine 6 as Ducky seems to have gotten much better batches of blues recently.  (Much better than iKBC), and Corsair discontinued blues except in sporadic batches due to QA issues.  But anyway:

If you want RGB software toy with plugins and RGB games like Snake and Pong, Corsair for sure.  Nonstandard bottom row doesn't matter anymore as Vortex has their doubleshot PBT 129 keycap set out (Accommodates all nonstandard rows now).  As long as you can handle CUE issues and some firmware issues and you get better keycaps than stock.

I'd avoid Razer, although their newest keyboard uses Cherry switches again.

If you want basic RGB onboard, Ducky or Coolermaster Pro S/L.

iKBC F108 and F87 have the best stock Keycaps (doubleshot PBT), but the RGB fade modes sort of suck compared to Ducky and everyone else (colors cut out way too soon).

Can you link me that nonstandard set :)