Apple making a vape?

TubsAlwaysWins
On 2/1/2017 at 4:14 AM, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Its illegal for anyone under 18 to buy anything for it

Alot of my friends vape at school or at least bring it to school, and I know teachers know of at least one person who does. He hasn't been suspended

I don't really see how it is disgusting. But im not really in the mood to argue it now. (PM me and ill get back to it later if you want)

On 2/1/2017 at 4:11 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Isn't vaping illegal in some respect or does it have legal limitations?

Also, this ain't gonna fly with the education market once students come to school vaping.

Also, vaping is disgusting as shit and should be illegal.

Vaping products like the mod and tank and batteries are not age restricted, the liquid use for vaping has an age restriction on it if it has nicotine in it.  

technically vaping a non nicotine content liquid is allowed, it's each individual schools decision if they want to allow it.

and why do you do you say it's disgusting??, please enlighten me with your knowledge oh wise one....

My Rig: Intel 3770k with Corsair H100i pull, Asus Z98 pro , Corsair Vengeance 8GBx2 2100 mhz CL9, Galax HOF 1080 TI, 4 x OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig Raid 0, Corsair AX 850, Corsair Obsidian 650D

4 hours ago, B1G_WH1T3 said:

and why do you do you say it's disgusting??, please enlighten me with your knowledge oh wise one....

I've talked to a few people who find it "disgusting", and they're almost entirely ignorant as to what vaping is, they just presume it's the same or at least similar to smoking tobacco.

I tried to explain that it was invented as a tool for stopping smoking, or at least a "harm reduction" device for those addicted to nicotine. That it's mostly vaporised propylene glycol an FDA approved food additive, some nicotine and some flavourings. And according to pretty much all studies done so far (except some deeply flawed ones carried out by the tobacco industry), it's orders of magnitudes less harmful than cigarette smoke to the user and passively. Although the big question mark of the long term effect of significant propylene glycol inhalation, has not been well studied, and remains somewhat unknown. 

Needless to say, I got a blank expression.

On 2/1/2017 at 2:11 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Why is it disgusting? clearly you've never tried it. I give it credit for making it much easier to quit smoking all together; I was smoking for 7 years prior then switched to an e-cigarette, 6 months later I managed to quit for good, that was 2 years ago and I haven't touched a cigarette since. So don't slate something that you don't seem to know much about.

On 1/31/2017 at 8:11 PM, AluminiumTech said:

dude, it's literally just breathing flavored water vapor. You can also get nicotine in it if you're a prior smoker to help you quit smoking cigarettes.

I used to be quite active here.

God please no, I can feel the obnoxiousness already.  

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

On 1/31/2017 at 9:15 PM, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Not really. It can be used to see airflow though.

I've done this, works quite well.

SFF-ish:  Ryzen 5 1600X, Asrock AB350M Pro4, 16GB Corsair LPX 3200, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro -75mV, 512gb Plextor Nvme m.2, 512gb Sandisk SATA m.2, Cryorig H7, stuffed into an Inwin 301 with rgb front panel mod.  LG27UD58.

Aging Workhorse:  Phenom II X6 1090T Black (4GHz #Yolo), 16GB Corsair XMS 1333, RX 470 Red Devil 4gb (Sold for $330 to Cryptominers), HD6850 1gb, Hilariously overkill Asus Crosshair V, 240gb Sandisk SSD Plus, 4TB's worth of mechanical drives, and a bunch of water/glycol.  Coming soon:  Bykski CPU block, whatever cheap Polaris 10 GPU I can get once miners start unloading them.

MintyFreshMedia:  Thinkserver TS130 with i3-3220, 4gb ecc ram, 120GB Toshiba/OCZ SSD booting Linux Mint XFCE, 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar.  In Progress:  3D printed drive mounts, 4 2TB ultrastars in RAID 5.

Well, it's not something I'd be interested in, apple or not.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Kobathor said:

dude, it's literally just breathing flavored water vapor.

It's not, the vaporization process of the additives (nicotine in particular) creates all kinds of nasty stuff. It may not be as bad as a normal cigarette, but it's undeniably unhealthy.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's not, the vaporization process of the additives (nicotine in particular) creates all kinds of nasty stuff. It may not be as bad as a normal cigarette, but it's undeniably unhealthy.

but it doesn't have to have nicotine

I used to be quite active here.

1 minute ago, Kobathor said:

but it doesn't have to have nicotine

It still produces some amount of carcinogens because of the way it works. Another concern that people rarely seem to take into account is that that stuff smells - it's designed to smell - and some people may not want to smell that. Unlike other self harming habits, smoking and vaping actively bothers those around you.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Apple has a lot of patents which they do not use. A patent is a just another investment. 

5 hours ago, SuperShires said:

Why is it disgusting? clearly you've never tried it. I give it credit for making it much easier to quit smoking all together; I was smoking for 7 years prior then switched to an e-cigarette, 6 months later I managed to quit for good, that was 2 years ago and I haven't touched a cigarette since. So don't slate something that you don't seem to know much about.

All the damn smoke. And that nasty stench.

I've seen people who do it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),