Convertible Laptop for Students

Hello,

I live in Germany and I´m a student. Id like to buy a fairly cheap convertible notebook. The best bang for the buck. But I just cant decide between these two laptops:

Lenovo Yoga 510:

http://shop.lenovo.com/de/de/laptops/yoga/500-series/yoga-510-14/

HP Pavilion x360:

http://store.hp.com/GermanyStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z5E09EA&opt=ABD&sel=NTB

Both are similar in specs and prices. Intitially i wanted to spend a maximum of 600 euros but at that price tag i could only get a core i3, so I thought Id go higher for better performance.

I would love to hear opinions of people that had experience with similar or the same laptops and maybe give me some advice.

In therms of display I also cant decide between 13 and 14 inch and need some tips for that too.

I have a spectre x360 (i7) 

Love it. Great for college/university. Perfect size, touch screen is very useful. It has decent I/O, and spec wise its decent value. 

For school the convertible feature is something I rarely ever used. But I don't have a stylus so I would never need it for tablet mode. I use tablet mode/folding mode for other out of school activities. Battery Life is so so, don't expect to get what HP says on their site in real life - but you can get close depending on how much/how you are using it and how bright the screen is. 

13" screen and the form factor is about perfect for backpack carrying. I wouldn't go too much bigger or heavier. 

PROS: Looks amazing, people have actually though mine was a Apple computer.... 

Mine has held up going to classes and being carried around - but I baby nice things of mine 

Trackpad has a nice feel 

It can run UBUNTU almost without issue (minus an audio issue but there is a fix)

CONS: 

Keyboard isn't the best

Cooling is not the best... (but is okay depending on how Windows is behaving (background processes) and it will likely throttle if you try to run too hardcore of a game)

My screen had to be replaced due to dead pixels and discoloration. 

Might not be the easiest device to get a stylus for. 

Gross power adapter and charger 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I would never ever trust a Pavilion, they are simply just shit

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

11 hours ago, Dackzy said:

I would never ever trust a Pavilion, they are simply just shit

I am a little skeptikal when it comes to hp computers because my mother had one and it was pretty bad and had lots of issues. But you never know nowadays.

No comments for the lenovo laptop? Any suggestion of other laptops?

1 minute ago, titiririti said:

I am a little skeptikal when it comes to hp computers because my mother had one and it was pretty bad and had lots of issues. But you never know nowadays.

No comments for the lenovo laptop? Any suggestion of other laptops?

the Lenovo is okay, I have not had it in for a fixing yet, but I have set up a couple of them and I am surpised about how sturdy it felt (granted that doesn't mean much). The keyboard doesn't have much travel, but that is to be expected from slim a 2in1. If you can then go for the 1080p model, it is 780€, but 1080p is really nice at 14", you might be able to find it at a local store for 700€ or less, since Lenovo's own site is often a bit expensive.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.