RIAA gives up, finally drops $200 million lawsuit against Limewire

Mysticode

Because everyone still uses Limewire, right guys? Righhhhhhhhhhht?  :lol:

I'm really surprised this wasn't dropped along time ago, as in 2010 when Limewire was forced to shut down. I guess the RIAA was hopeful they'd get some money out of it, but who really has the money to pay this over at the Limewire camp? Did they even MAKE money selling Limewire Pro?

SOURCE: http://torrentfreak.com/movie-studios-drop-multi-million-dollar-lawsuit-against-limewire-131105/

Already Posted!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/72814-movie-studios-drop-multi-million-dollar-lawsuit-against-limewire/

Edit: This lawsuit was from Movie Studios... the RIAA I believe won their case.

Edit 2: Added Quote:

Six major movie and TV studios have dropped their lawsuit against the defunct file-sharing software LimeWire. The companies sued the software maker and its owner Mark Gorton last year, looking for more than $200 million in damages. Previously, the RIAA won $105 million in damages from the company and through the lawsuit the movie studios hoped to get their piece of the pie. The studios haven’t explained why they chose to dismiss the case.
MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Ahhh yes, Bearshare and Limewire, the early 2000's. :D

Haha. Yeah. I remember using both of them. I was using  Limewire, and switched to Bearshare after they closed LW. But for the last 2 years, I've been using Youtube to MP3 converters. :P

AMD FX-8350 // ASUS Radeon R9 280X Matrix // ASUS M5A97 Pro // Corsair Vengance 8GB 1600MHz // Corsair RM850 PSU //  WD Green 2TB // Corsair H60 // Cooler Master Elite 430 // KBParadise V60 MX Blue // Logitech G602 // Sennheiser HD 598 + Focusrrrrite 2i2 + MXL V67 // Samsung SyncMaster 245BW 1920x1200 // #killedmywife  #afterdark  #makebombs #Twerkit      "it touches my junk"   linus 2014

Ahhh yes, Bearshare and Limewire, the early 2000's. :D

There was also Napster, eDonkey2000 and Kazaa. ;)

WinMX was the first for me

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7