Netflix further enhancing the Android Masterrace

Prysin
1 hour ago, Fgtfv567 said:

What phone do you use then?

I am currently using an iPhone. I really dislike it. Thinking about switching to the Asus Zenfone Zoom 3 when it comes out but I don't like Android. The only thing I like about iOS is everyone around me has it so iMessage is nice. I don't know what to do. I want a good 3rd option. 

3 hours ago, suits said:

I am currently using an iPhone. I really dislike it. Thinking about switching to the Asus Zenfone Zoom 3 when it comes out but I don't like Android. The only thing I like about iOS is everyone around me has it so iMessage is nice. I don't know what to do. I want a good 3rd option. 

Nokia 3510i

Great phone! Great heritage! Great operating system!

How is this enhancing the AMR? .... I have 256GB of NVMe storage on my phone and between stored music & video I use like 90GB... Even downloading all of Suits in 1080p would only use ~60GB.

Storage limitations on phones are really only an issue if you plan on watching lots of video while hiding from Trump in the woods for his 4 year tenure (or until he's impeached). 

I haven't looked into this yet, but is there a reason it's not available on iOS?

53 minutes ago, Belgarathian said:

How is this enhancing the AMR? .... I have 256GB of NVMe storage on my phone and between stored music & video I use like 90GB... Even downloading all of Suits in 1080p would only use ~60GB.

Storage limitations on phones are really only an issue if you plan on watching lots of video while hiding from Trump in the woods for his 4 year tenure (or until he's impeached). 

pretty sure the iphone 7+ does NOT have NVME stoarage 

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

18 minutes ago, tsk said:

I haven't looked into this yet, but is there a reason it's not available on iOS?

what is your question?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

what is your question?

Why is the download feature only available on android?

1 minute ago, tsk said:

Why is the download feature on available on android?

its not................ its on IOS aswell

albeit not the save to sd card cos apple is clearly too cool for sd cards /s

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

its not................ its on IOS aswell

albeit not the save to sd card cos apple is clearly too cool for sd cards /s

Ah great, that clears it up, thanks :)

1 minute ago, tsk said:

Ah great, that clears it up, thanks :)

np, although it appears to have some time limit on howlong it can be downloaded for

4 hours ago, Belgarathian said:

Facts! http://www.anandtech.com/show/10685/the-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus-review/4

Apple's had NVMe controllers in their phones since the A9 processor (6S). 

i rest my case, very interesting

13 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

What's the point in having NVMe on phones ? Phone flash storage isn't that fast from my experience....

Word. Having several GB/s bandwidth for flash storage which probably supports a few hundred maximum at best is a complete gimmick.

Just looked up the read speed benchmarks for the iPhone 6 and comparable flagships, don't know how reputable these are though:

77664.png

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9662/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-preliminary-results

To be completely honest, any read speed over 100MB/s is already respectable and anything beyond that on a mobile device is not meaningful or noticeable during day-to-day use. Nice to see Apple 'future-proofing' their phones, but I see no realistic use case (besides video editing) for that kind of storage bandwidth on a mobile device. If Apple allowed their iPhones to be used as portable SSDs, then we're talking business.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

3 hours ago, burnttoastnice said:

To be completely honest, any read speed over 100MB/s is already respectable and anything beyond that on a mobile device is not meaningful or noticeable during day-to-day use. Nice to see Apple 'future-proofing' their phones, but I see no realistic use case (besides video editing) for that kind of storage bandwidth on a mobile device. If Apple allowed their iPhones to be used as portable SSDs, then we're talking business.

The point is beyond being able to edit videos from your phone or taking 4K footage, the speed of the storage also effects app load times and general snappiness in day to day usage. The technology is there, so Apple used it to keep their phone on top. Would you have rathered they cheaped out on UFS and kept the same MSRP? I find it more lame that Android manufactures are using inferior hardware but maintain similar or higher MSRPs.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

4 hours ago, burnttoastnice said:

Word. Having several GB/s bandwidth for flash storage which probably supports a few hundred maximum at best is a complete gimmick.

Just looked up the read speed benchmarks for the iPhone 6 and comparable flagships, don't know how reputable these are though:

77664.png

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9662/iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-preliminary-results

Anandtech is very reliable... They usually do deep-dive reviews and are usually un bias.

Faster storage is always a benefit, in particular when loading apps, photos, or video footage. It makes the experience snappier and more enjoyable. Even Linus commented on it in his 6S and 7 review. 

I was curious to see how quickly the Android fanboys would start flocking in... 

Apparently, the OP beat everyone to the punch by showing up in an Android onesie...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Got a 128gb phone, feels good man

Main System - 2016 13"nTB MBP 256GB

Gaming Rig - 4790K, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti
Monitor - Dell 25" U2515H

K/B & M - Ducky One TKL, Logitech MX Master & G900

Audio - JDS Labs The Element, Aktimate Mini B+, Krix Seismix 3 Mk6, Ultrasone Pro 900

5 hours ago, Qwertious said:

Got a 128gb phone, feels good man

Indeed when I picked up an iPhone 6s, I specifically made a point to get the 128GB version (I did eye the 64GB version too, but it was pretty much the same price).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

28 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Indeed when I picked up an iPhone 6s, I specifically made a point to get the 128GB version (I did eye the 64GB version too, but it was pretty much the same price).

just imagine if you could have bought a cheaper version, and stuck a little SD card in it. 

24 minutes ago, Prysin said:

just imagine if you could have bought a cheaper version, and stuck a little SD card in it. 

Indeed, Apple does certainly charge too much to jump from one storage option to the next. But the storage is faster and more reliable then a cheap SD card would be. And Apple is not the only offender in this category. Those Android phones that opt for non-expandable storage tend to charge a lot to jump up too.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

54 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Funny enough I have the 64gb 6S and I'm barely using 1/3 of it but the next iPhone I'm getting will be whatever the largest storage they have just coz recording 4K is almost no hassle now. No micro sd card can beat that sweet fast nvme storage. Scrolling through the photos and editing videos are just so smooth and fast,there's no substitute to it. You're just spoiled with the speed by now

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Indeed, Apple does certainly charge too much to jump from one storage option to the next. But the storage is faster and more reliable then a cheap SD card would be. And Apple is not the only offender in this category. Those Android phones that opt for non-expandable storage tend to charge a lot to jump up too.

that only holds true for now. Going forward into 2017, all mainstream phones and flagships should support UFS2.0, which will give you SATA6GBs SSD speeds.