We Canadians Pour Milk from a Bag!

TechSage

To ppl in NZ who haven't seen them, I have found them in places like the Mad Butcher and Fruit World.

Title seemed funny at first.

In US we have gallons (plastic), in the old country we had cows to milk.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

Why would you put milk in a bag? That is the most illogical thing I have ever had to process with my brain.

Thanks for the heads up though, if I was in Ontario I would still be walking around the supermarket looking for the milk.

I don't know the conversion, but milk where I am is about the same price as gas a gallon (anywhere from $3.00 to $4.00).

We pay $5 for 4L which approx. 1.05 gallons 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

To ppl in NZ who haven't seen them, I have found them in places like the Mad Butcher and Fruit World.

El Oh El at those names lmfao! We have food basics, freshco, and zehrs

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I know you get bags of milk in India. never seen it here in America though.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Why would you put milk in a bag? That is the most illogical thing I have ever had to process with my brain.

Thanks for the heads up though, if I was in Ontario I would still be walking around the supermarket looking for the milk.

Plastic bags are a hella lot cheaper to make than plastic jugs...

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I know you get bags of milk in India. never seen it here in America though.

In India you get milk delivered to your door. At least that's what my parents told me since they were born there.

They're in pink or blue bags (if you get 2% milk) you just have to guess that what you're buying is milk if it doesn't say.

We pay $5 for 4L which approx. 1.05 gallons 

Is that in Canadian dollars or US dollars? I know the Canadian dollar has slightly less worth than that of a US dollar, but not that much.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Where's the logic in a bag of milk? Bags are for wine, that way you can peg it to the clothes line and play drinking games.....

STRAYA!

best thing ever since I got to melb :P

It's more of an eastern thing. I was pretty surprised to find out that "milk in bags" was supposed to be a Canadian thing.

I know most asian countries have their version of milk bags, some aren't bad too :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Plastic bags are a hella lot cheaper to make than plastic jugs...

Possibly, but I don't think they would be as biodegradable/recyclable, they don't reseal, could easily burst in shipping and what if you fancy some milk while you're out? Do you carry a glass around with you?

That explains why I haven't seen them, being a student means shopping at Pak'nSave or CountDown along with the fact that the Mad Butcher is out of the way and Fruit World I'd have to go to another town / city.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Is that in Canadian dollars or US dollars? I know the Canadian dollar has slightly less worth than that of a US dollar, but not that much.

Nope, Canadian dollar is worth more. 

Source: I live in Canada or https://www.google.ca/search?q=canadian+and+us+dollar+exchange&oq=canadian+and+us+dol&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l5.7443j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Possibly, but I don't think they would be as biodegradable/recyclable, they don't reseal, could easily burst in shipping and what if you fancy some milk while you're out? Do you carry a glass around with you?

They're not shipped by themselves, they're shipped in these things

Blue_Milk_Crate.jpg

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

:o When I went to Vietnam 5-7 years  ago, I remember having a soda (pop for you easterners) inside of a bag.

Wasn't the case when I went last year though 

Pop in a bag? That's weird, you probably feel all the gas 

Lol. So... at obscure places. I dont understand why you would be able to buy milk from the Mad Butcher.

They're not shipped by themselves, they're shipped in these things

I'm still not convinced, I reckon a lot of milk is lost along the way, it's just not right...

I have family in Toronto, I don't see them very often so usually when we meet it's usually all cheery, hugs, how have you been? etc... Now my first response is going to have to be "Why the f*ck do you put milk in bags?" and you know that's going to be awkward. :lol:

Your "Location" thing is what made me think about it...and I live in Ontario lol

yeahh ontariooo brap brap, most other places use cartons though

I'm still not convinced, I reckon a lot of milk is lost along the way, it's just not right...

I have family in Toronto, I don't see them very often so usually when we meet it's usually all cheery, hugs, how have you been? etc... Now my first response is going to have to be "Why the f*ck do you put milk in bags?" and you know that's going to be awkward. :lol:

At least they aren't stored in Ziploc bags...

v

I have no idea what you are talking about

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Ive just been informed you can get bags of milk from new world. Aparently.......

Bagged ftw

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm from Toronto, haven't seen bag milk outside of Ontario.

But I prefer JUGS... :P

Just realized when we cross the border, Americans always have bottles of milk, does Canada only sell bags of milk? 

Poland have both bottles (glass and plastic), carton boxes and in bags...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!