Netflix Making Big Push to Stream Movies 30-45 Days After Theatrical Release

you know that might make subbing to netflix worth it.

I definly think they could make back the extra money from new subscribers. Even if they just added a dollar to everyone's bill too I think it would be well worth it to. The real question is would that slow down pirating?

Yes, definitely, if they get enough content.

Although if you can 'stream' a movie a month to a month 1/2 in advance then I am damn sure that it'd be much easier to for it to be recorded and put on the internet before the theater release.

Except that's going to be at quality that makes shutterbox cameras look like nasa technology.

Error: 410

Although if you can 'stream' a movie a month to a month 1/2 in advance then I am damn sure that it'd be much easier to for it to be recorded and put on the internet before the theater release.    Never mind

you know that might make subbing to netflix worth it.

I definly think they could make back the extra money from new subscribers. Even if they just added a dollar to everyone's bill too I think it would be well worth it to. The real question is would that slow down pirating?

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

So they should, it will be positive for the makers of the film too. In Australia, films dissappear from the cinemas, and 6 months later appear on DVD etc. By then everyone's generally moved on

None of the movies that Netflix has actually make it to theaters! HA JOKES ON YOU! ! ! 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

It is frustrating that after a movie is done at box office and before it comes to DVD there is no way to see it other than a camrip (yuck).  I don't understand how this isn't in the producers' best interest to hold hands with Netflix/Huluplus/Amazon.

Yeah I'd actually pay for that. Always annoys me that there's such a massive gap between cinema release date and blu-ray release date. It's like, if it's no longer in the cinemas then what's with the 4 or 6 months or however long of idly sitting around waiting for it to come out on disk? Especially annoying since I'm forever alone and going to the cinema on my own is strange and scary.

Seems to me like Netflix could fill this gap by letting cinemas keep their exclusivity period (albeit for a shorter period) but allowing users to stream the content before it's available physically. Sure it'll make piracy easier but c'mon, you get camcorder uploads on day 1 of the theatrical release anyway. I reckon most people who pirate those camcorder copies would probably be up for paying Netflix the £7 or whatever it is to stream the movie in decent quality.

I already have a Netflix subscription and I would pay MORE if they started doing this. It would stop me from using Redbox and the local video rental store if I could watch movies before they were on DVD/Blu-ray and might even encourage me to buy the movie if I really like it. On the other hand, it could end up eating into DVD/blu-ray sales from other customers. I've heard many people say they won't buy a movie if they can watch it on Netflix and some will even sell their DVDs when a movie they own appears there.

If you look at it in a different view you will definitely end up killing all the rest of the video stores but that has been slowly happening for ages now....

i5-3570k l ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA1155 I G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 I Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5' 7200RPM I Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB I Cooler Master Storm Enforcer I SeaSonic 620W I Windows 7

I want to activate Netflix with a Linus code so he gets some money. 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.