MineCraft to get built-in Twitch streaming

TopWargamer

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/minecraft-twitch-streaming-minecon-update,24950.html#xtor=RSS-998

Twitch Marketing Vice President Matthew DiPietro confirmed during Minecon 2013 this weekend, which took place in Orlando, Florida, that the functionality to stream gameplay from within Minecraft will be introduced "soon." He said that the popular PC game has struck a very powerful chord with the Twitch community.

That's neat, now can we get built-in Twitch streaming on most PC games? 

COMIC SANS

Sounds nice, but adding a resource hogging utility to a resource hog like Minecraft might not work too well.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

More little kids thinking they are awesome, great....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

*sigh* Minecraft was dead a long time ago since Notch left...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I hate to be a dick, but I see waaaay too many posts here about someone wanting a capture card so they can record Minecraft. Nobody cares about your stream. Your only viewers are the vine4you bots. I guess if you find it fun, that's ok, but you aren't going to become UberHaxorNova or TotalBiscuit 2.

Spoiler

I hate to be a dick, but I see waaaay too many posts here about someone wanting a capture card so they can record Minecraft. Nobody cares about your stream. Your only viewers are the vine4you bots. I guess if you find it fun, that's ok, but you aren't going to become UberHaxorNova or TotalBiscuit 2.

I have plenty of friends that stream Minecraft, that have more then a bot viewing them when they stream. We're talking in the 1k+ range, and others lower. You know, its nice being friends with a few Forgecrafters, don't you know? But you are being a total dick. See, we can bitch and moan about it, but until it is released, all we know is that they are adding it in. Do we know any more specifics, no. Might it help my friends? Maybe, doubtful, but maybe. They have some nice setups for streaming already, while others don't and still garner 800-1k viewers. Overall do I think it is a bad thing? Nope, not at all. It can be a good thing, but like all things, its how it is implemented. So instead of being a total dickhead, why don't we wait and see what happens. There are already people streaming on Twitch, and there will be more when this gets done. How about this happens, someone who never thought to stream, decides to try it and all of a sudden they have 300 people watching. I HAVE seen it happen. A few times, actually. You can't just jump up and say, OMG don't stream. How about I were to say to you, stop dealing with Tech, you'll never be the next Steve Jobs, why don't you never look at a computer again? Same thing isn't it?

I have plenty of friends that stream Minecraft, that have more then a bot viewing them when they stream. We're talking in the 1k+ range, and others lower. You know, its nice being friends with a few Forgecrafters, don't you know? But you are being a total dick. See, we can bitch and moan about it, but until it is released, all we know is that they are adding it in. Do we know any more specifics, no. Might it help my friends? Maybe, doubtful, but maybe. They have some nice setups for streaming already, while others don't and still garner 800-1k viewers. Overall do I think it is a bad thing? Nope, not at all. It can be a good thing, but like all things, its how it is implemented. So instead of being a total dickhead, why don't we wait and see what happens. There are already people streaming on Twitch, and there will be more when this gets done. How about this happens, someone who never thought to stream, decides to try it and all of a sudden they have 300 people watching. I HAVE seen it happen. A few times, actually. You can't just jump up and say, OMG don't stream. How about I were to say to you, stop dealing with Tech, you'll never be the next Steve Jobs, why don't you never look at a computer again? Same thing isn't it?

That escalated quickly.

It's certainly not a bad thing to add more features to a game, I don't think anyone can complain about this.

And if you don't like the performance/resource hit, turn off twitch streaming.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Before they do that, fix the FPS Issues!

Frame rate used to be great. Was getting a consistent 60 FPS. Now, the games is always dipping below 30 and can't stay consistent. Fix the audio issues too. In the nether, FPS dips to 20 because of all the audio the lava is making

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

*sigh* Minecraft was dead a long time ago since Notch left...

Dead? Far from it, but I hate their complete lack of any intention of adding mod support. I'm still playing Version 1.6.4 because that's the only thing anything useful works on, and I blame Notch for not helping it. Minecraft kinda sucks without mods.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Dead? Far from it, but I hate their complete lack of any intention of adding mod support. I'm still playing Version 1.6.4 because that's the only thing anything useful works on, and I blame Notch for not helping it. Minecraft kinda sucks without mods.

1.7.4.... *sniff*....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

twitch's server are going to be overloaded and then they will reduce their maximum allowed resolution which will lead to the fall of twitch and now Linus would have to use another streaming service for The Wan show:(

DONT LET IT HAPPEN TWITCH!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Exactly, but not exactly. To understand what is going on with the Mod API, you have to dig into the depths of Minecraft history. See, the code is crappy. No other way to put it. Notch was learning Java when it was written. That's why we are see swaths of changes in how things work code wise. To get the Mod API up, well, you have to fix the underlying code first. But with SeargeDP (of MCP) now part of Mojang working exclusively on the Mod API, the Mod API will go forward a little better, and with somewhat better support and someone that is down in the trenches as it were. Forge, it'll probably be December till we see mods. Between the changes in 1.7.x and the new setup in Forge, it'll just take time.

With the Mod API, it'll just take some workload off of Forges shoulders, but damn, it'll never ever replace Forge.

Exactly, but not exactly. To understand what is going on with the Mod API, you have to dig into the depths of Minecraft history. See, the code is crappy. No other way to put it. Notch was learning Java when it was written. That's why we are see swaths of changes in how things work code wise. To get the Mod API up, well, you have to fix the underlying code first. But with SeargeDP (of MCP) now part of Mojang working exclusively on the Mod API, the Mod API will go forward a little better, and with somewhat better support and someone that is down in the trenches as it were. Forge, it'll probably be December till we see mods. Between the changes in 1.7.x and the new setup in Forge, it'll just take time.

With the Mod API, it'll just take some workload off of Forges shoulders, but damn, it'll never ever replace Forge.

I'd hope so. I guess I shouldn't entirely blame the devs at Minecraft, it sucks when a mod-maker makes one mod in his life then never returns because he fell off the face of the earth so it's forever stuck in that version.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.