Good alternative to adobe premiere

So i have started doing some streaming and making videos on a small scale just for fun..... i have the newest adobe premiere but it does not work nomatter what i do or how many times i clean install it will not show the videos in premiere it just gives me sound. There techs could not fix it and nothing i have read or tried has fixed it..... although i paid for it i cannot use it and all i really do is cut video lenths and splice parts together so i am wondering if there is a good free program that can do that? thanks 

Hitfilm 4 express?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Windows Live Movie Maker will do all the basics really quick, if you want something more advanced Sony Vegas is a great inexpensive one time purchase, and if you want a even larger feature set Hitfilm 4 is a great option.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

28 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

So i have started doing some streaming and making videos on a small scale just for fun..... i have the newest adobe premiere but it does not work nomatter what i do or how many times i clean install it will not show the videos in premiere it just gives me sound. There techs could not fix it and nothing i have read or tried has fixed it..... although i paid for it i cannot use it and all i really do is cut video lenths and splice parts together so i am wondering if there is a good free program that can do that? thanks 

davinci resolve?

A friend of mine who makes short films and tutorials recommanded me the new Hitfilm Pro. The selling points were the embedded effects and transitions that are comparable to Final Cut Pro ones, and the integration of an After Effect-like engine for special effects inside the editing software.

1 minute ago, Bajantechnician said:

davinci resolve?

Isn't Davinci Resolve about color calibration/picture correction?

[Insert smart comment here]

1 minute ago, jldjul said:

A friend of mine who makes short films and tutorials recommanded me the new Hitfilm Pro. The selling points were the embedded effects and transitions that are comparable to Final Cut Pro ones, and the integration of an After Effect-like engine for special effects inside the editing software.

Cool, I am glad there are many responses. Hopefully they will work better than adobe....

3 minutes ago, jldjul said:

video editing

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

9 minutes ago, Bajantechnician said:

My bad, it's just their main selling point. The free version seems great as it just lacks the collaborative functionalities, I'll be sure to check it out, it could be a great recommandation for beginner editors if that's the only drawback.

[Insert smart comment here]