STEAM now allows you to move the game from a STEAM library folder to another

zMeul
9 hours ago, zMeul said:

it's the same thing if it ships on physical media or not

"release build" is referred to the very 1st retail build

So I it's agreed.  We won't be called it 'retail steam' any more.  Glad that's settled.

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Glad that's settled.

in your fantasies, mate

12 hours ago, zMeul said:

it's the same thing if it ships on physical media or not

"release build" is referred to the very 1st retail build

Again you are wrong. A Battlefield 1 game (for argument's sake, on the PS4) that you buy from a store is called a retail copy, but getting the same game straight from the PSN is not retail; it is a digital copy. The term 'Retail Build' is simply non-existent in the programming world of which I am a part of.

Also, the same software can have multiple release builds. Exhibit A: Linux and Mac; Exhibit B: Android and iOS. It is simply the state in which a major version of a software is available for public use.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

1 hour ago, Colonel_Gerdauf said:

Again you are wrong. A Battlefield 1 game (for argument's sake, on the PS4) that you buy from a store is called a retail copy, but getting the same game straight from the PSN is not retail; it is a digital copy. The term 'Retail Build' is simply non-existent in the programming world of which I am a part of.

no you are quite wrong sir

and you are confusing the "product" with the software

how is distributed matters not on what retail software build is - either distributed only digitally, only physically, or both, the software to be released for public consumption is a retail build

20 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I'm curious to hear why you would do such a thing

I want Steam on my C: drive (because I will probably clone that partition to a future SSD), but don't want it in my Program Files X86 folder, because I heard some year or so ago that it might conflict with Mod Organizer.

18 hours ago, zMeul said:

you can't have two libraries on the same drive

Well yeah, now. But I used to have it and Steam was fine with it.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, Minibois said:

I want Steam on my C: drive (because I will probably clone that partition to a future SSD), but don't want it in my Program Files X86 folder, because I heard some year or so ago that it might conflict with Mod Organizer.

Well yeah, now. But I used to have it and Steam was fine with it.

Why not just install it to a different location on C:\?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

27 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Why not just install it to a different location on C:\?

Because I can't :P 

Current library folders: C:/Program Files (x86) and D:/Games.

I try to add some other folder on C:, but I can't because I already have a library folder on C:

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Because I can't :P 

Current library folders: C:/Program Files (x86) and D:/Games.

I try to add some other folder on C:, but I can't because I already have a library folder on C:

Oh, yes I suppose it's too late to do that now but why didn't you install it to, say, C:\Steam from the start? :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh, yes I suppose it's too late to do that now but why didn't you install it to, say, C:\Steam from the start? :P 

You mean the game? I have the game backed up, in the past I could add a library drive, tell Steam to install the game there and it would detect (which is just as easy as moving the game from one drive to another via the method talked about in the news post).

My steam acted weird and I had to uninstall it and reinstall it and now all my games need to be re-downloaded to play. Does this mean I can move my old downloaded games and play them without downloading them again and keep my save games?

3 minutes ago, Joelbanks5 said:

My steam acted weird and I had to uninstall it and reinstall it and now all my games need to be re-downloaded to play. Does this mean I can move my old downloaded games and play them without downloading them again and keep my save games?

You can dump in the old files and when you "install" the games, it will detect anything that you already have and not redownload it.  That's not a new feature though.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You can dump in the old files and when you "install" the games, it will detect anything that you already have and not redownload it.  That's not a new feature though.

Huh, it doesn't seem to detect it for me then.