The Wan Show Is Always Broken

Guest Darth Revan
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,
On 1/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, Darth Revan said:

I just have one simple question. How hard can it be to have a week, a single week where the Wan Show is not broken?

Seriously how hard can it be?

I've been following Linus's videos for years now, and ever since they decided to name the live stream to the Wan Show. Almost every single time the show has some sort of a problem. Whether it's audio problems, video problems, computer deciding to bluescreen, software issues, the audio or video doesn't work or work properly when screen sharing, you name it they have it.

How hard can it be for a team of over 10 people (honestly I lost count how many of them they are) to build a machine or fix the one they, and ensure that streaming from that machine works and then leave it like that.

All it takes is just a couple of hours to fix it once and for all. That's it.

So how hard can that be?

If its not broken then it looses it charm. Ive been watching the WAN show since before it was the WAN show. 

I just have one simple question. How hard can it be to have a week, a single week where the Wan Show is not broken?

I've been following Linus's videos for years now, and ever since they decided to name the live stream to the Wan Show. Almost every single time the show has some sort of a problem. Whether it's audio problems, video problems, computer deciding to bluescreen, software issues, the audio or video doesn't work or work properly when screen sharing, you name it they have it.

How hard can it be for a team of over 10 people (honestly I lost count how many of them they are) to build a machine or fix the one they, and ensure that streaming from that machine works and then leave it like that.

So how hard can that be?

Doing things live, with mixes of live cameras, mics, inputs from various secondary display outputs (Their laptops) can be a real trick to getting running seamlessly, particularly with the resources that are worth investing into what effectively an hour podcast.

There's not a lot of 'consumer grade' level switching hardware for that that isn't so idiot proof that it's limited in uselessness, and a proper live production/switching/mixing setup is frankly, not cheap.

The one time I decide to watch WAN Show the stream goes down.

They need to have a dedicated rig for it if they don't already - a rig that doesn't get touched except for WAN Show stuff.

4 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

The one time I decide to watch WAN Show the stream goes down.

They need to have a dedicated rig for it if they don't already - a rig that doesn't get touched except for WAN Show stuff.

I think they do

lmao

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Hope this is being recorded for a how not to on you tube 

2 minutes ago, shadowbyte said:

I think they do

lmao

Even worse. Oh well.

Same sh#t, different week...

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

wow didn't know people got so butthurt about stuff like this. just watch it when its on youtube surely you people have other shit to do in you day/night when wan show is live.

Its simple. Linus is just cursed. When its Linus is absent it always works right :P

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Normally I would say give them the benefit of the doubt. Technical problems happen. But I've been watching them for like 3 years now and the wan show almost always has issues. My friends and I stream off our own computers and basically have zero issues doing it. I don't understand how they can be unprepared every week. It's surreal.

On 1/20/2017 at 8:38 PM, Darth Revan said:

So how hard can that be?

If its not broken then it looses it charm. Ive been watching the WAN show since before it was the WAN show. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.