Buying used LG G4

GitGud

I've heard lots complaints from users and hordes of other brand fanboys bashing LG of this wide spread boot loop issue afecting G4 which can happen someday out of nowhere and brick your phone. Tho if the warranty is still in effect LG would fix it. But what if phone has outlived the warranty period, will they still fix it, or youll have to shill out money yourself ?

I've had positive experience with lower - mid end LG phones in past but never had one of their flagships and im looking at getting either a used G3 or G4 right now. So how safe is getting one and should i buy one or not ? Galaxy S5 also is an option if all else fails.

Also if any long term G4 or 3 user reads this your feedback would be much appreciated.

I had a g4 for about a year, until I dropped it off a seaside cliff while taking a picture... Didn't have much of an issue with it, loved the camera the double tap to wake, the gentle curve on the back, and placement of the lock button. Since then though I've been back on my g3 which luckily enough is almost exactly the same as the g4, but a touch slower, and not nearly as nice a camera. The only real quarrel I have with the phone is that cheaper aux and other 3.5mm connectors are improperly recognized at times and can cause some issues if moved about in the port. More specifically some of the cheap cassette:aux adapters and earbuds I use will bring up the google voice search app if I touch the cable while playing music sometimes. Both phones though, the g4 and g3 had this issue at times, though the g3 much, much more noticeably.

Really, any of the flagships from the last 3 or so years are going to be just about identical to any other flagship. Battery life, resolution, color accuracy, size, and performance are just about the same, with only a few exceptions. I personally see no real reason to upgrade from where I'm at, and will probably only end up replacing what I have once it breaks... Or if I drop it off another cliff, that'll do the trick I suppose.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

4 minutes ago, Atmos said:

I had a g4 for about a year, until I dropped it off a seaside cliff while taking a picture...

Sorry for your loss, but I found this hilarious.....

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

I've had a G4 since released. My first one had a bootloop issue after 1 year, and was replaced under warranty. 

Other than that, It's a good phone. Replaceable Battery, great camera, MicroSD. My battery lasts a day with my medium usage. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200