Bungie's Destiny is pretty much confirmed to NOT be coming to PC...at least not any time soon

TopWargamer

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/436530/making-destiny-for-pc-would-spread-bungie-too-thin/

"We know there are a lot of people out there asking for PC and we know that there are a lot of gamers that would willingly give us money, but what we have to do is make sure we're focused enough to bring a good experience to any platform that we ship on.

"What we 100 percent are not going to do is spread ourselves so thin that it negatively harms the other platforms. So right now we have the four platforms, which is a lot to focus on."

I think that's fair enough. While I would absolutely LOVE to see Destiny come to the PC, it looks like we won't be getting it...at least not any time soon. Once Destiny is out in the wild for all 4 consoles it'll be on (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4) then maybe sometime down the line we'll get a PC version. Bungie does recognize that there is a demand for their game to come to the PC, and I don't think they're going to ignore that so easily. 

So for now, no Destiny on PC, but Bungie never disapproved of there EVER being Destiny on the PC. I guess all we can do now is be patient. 

COMIC SANS

These up coming games seem to go towards console and are leaving the PC in the dust. But I must ask, why?

These up coming games seem to go towards console and are leaving the PC in the dust. But I must ask, why?

Piracy, is hard to control, they don't want to take their time and find a way to avoid it.

Well I guess I won't be playing Destiny any time soon.

Nice going Bungie.

Bummer, I was looking forward to this title.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Bungie is my all time favorite studio, I might end up getting a PS4 in the future just for this game.

Their loss

Did you guys even read the quote? If Bungie started up development on the PC version of Destiny while working on *FOUR* other versions of their game, that would spread their studio out to thin, to the point where it wouldn't be a good thing. 

COMIC SANS

Did you guys even read the quote? If Bungie started up development on the PC version of Destiny while working on *FOUR* other versions of their game, that would spread their studio out to thin, to the point where it wouldn't be a good thing. 

I didn't, my anger blind me lol.

Bungie is my all time favorite studio

Whats with the Halo 4 profile pic then? You filthy heretic, Bungie Halo purists unite!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Piracy, is hard to control, they don't want to take their time and find a way to avoid it.

Destiny is online almost all the time isn't it... 

"The internet is a series of tubes"

It's coming to PC, just a bit later, like the GTA series.

Destiny is online almost all the time isn't it... 

If you want the full experience, yes. 

COMIC SANS

Whats with the Halo 4 profile pic then? You filthy heretic, Bungie Halo purists unite!

Hahaha I know I know, but I love Master Chief! Hey but I said PS4, I'm not getting Xboned.

*sigh* I guess I get it. But at the same time I don't. Why would you pass up making for PC to make for the current gen? I don't want to see this game on them. They boast it's size and massive amounts of content, how are they going to do that on DVD?

Makes me sad that we won't see Destiny on PC at launch. But as long there's a chance of a future release, I'm content. Until they simply say "No", then I'll be more sad.

I still think it will come. If it does though, I expect it to have bad support and a lot of issues out of the gate.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I don't agree with that. Now I'm not saying drop all console support just for PC, but why continue to support older consoles? It's just giving people more reason to keep their old 360 or PS3 a while longer if they can still get "next gen" games on it.

Out with the old, in with the new. PC is here to stay for a long time, but we all know when Xbox 360 support will last. It's almost 2014, so we have two more years of Xbox 360 left. Just seems like a huge waste, especially when Destiny is a 2014 game.

I don't agree with that. Now I'm not saying drop all console support just for PC, but why continue to support older consoles? It's just giving people more reason to keep their old 360 or PS3 a while longer if they can still get "next gen" games on it.

Out with the old, in with the new. PC is here to stay for a long time, but we all know when Xbox 360 support will last. It's almost 2014, so we have two more years of Xbox 360 left. Just seems like a huge waste, especially when Destiny is a 2014 game.

It's because not everybody on the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be switching over to the Xbox One and/or PS4 at their launches or during the Christmas season. The majority of people will still be on the Xbox 360 and PS3 for the next couple of years. Even after console support ends for the Xbox 360, people won't upgrade just yet. They'll wait a bit longer more than likely. 

So why is Bungie making Destiny for the Xbox 360 and PS3? To maximize profits. 

COMIC SANS

Meh, I don't really care. It just looked like a re skinned Halo. 

It's because not everybody on the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be switching over to the Xbox One and/or PS4 at their launches or during the Christmas season. The majority of people will still be on the Xbox 360 and PS3 for the next couple of years. Even after console support ends for the Xbox 360, people won't upgrade just yet. They'll wait a bit longer more than likely. 

this and considering they started development shortly after reach release (i guess?) they had big time focus on current gen and problaby they started testing before M$ and sony reach them whit next gen dev kits 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

this and considering they started development shortly after reach release (i guess?) they had big time focus on current gen and problaby they started testing before M$ and sony reach them whit next gen dev kits 

Bungie's been working on Destiny as early as Halo 2 (released 2004), although the project was only handled by Jason Jones (one of Bungie's co-founders). All he was doing was drawing up a story and whatnot and some other stuff. Production started to kick up around the release of ODST (2009). 

COMIC SANS

If they're trying to maximize profits then they should be releasing it for PC as well.

Also, if they don't want to spread their company too thin, then shouldn't they hire more people?

Sorry, but this just seems like a big run around from them and I don't like it.

Bungie's been working on Destiny as early as Halo 2 (released 2004), although the project was only handled by Jason Jones (one of Bungie's co-founders). All he was doing was drawing up a story and whatnot and some other stuff. Production started to kick up around the release of ODST (2009). 

damn really if the game has a lot of time inverted, it has to be freaking amazing on release :D

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here