Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 Debug Code 62

RevoHD

PC Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/32DtkT

Computer wont boot to bios and motherboard gives an error of 62. Ive tried taking out all usb ports, changing the ram around (which sometimes gives me a 55 debug code) and taking out the gpu. Is there other ways to fix/the reasoning to this problem? 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Have you cleared the Bios?

No i have not. Should i?

Absolutely. Why you should keep a log of your overclocking settings so you can use them after flashing the bios. If after a restart things don't come back, flash the bios. That's what I do. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Absolutely. Why you should keep a log of your overclocking settings so you can use them after flashing the bios. If after a restart things don't come back, flash the bios. That's what I do. 

Well my computer wont boot to the bios at all thats the thing

12 minutes ago, RevoHD said:

PC Parts: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/32DtkT

Motherboard gives an error of 62. Ive tried taking out all usb ports, changing the ram around (which sometimes gives me a 55 debug code) and taking out the gpu. Is there other ways to fix/the reasoning to this problem? 

Do you need to update the BIOS for your mobo? I'm pretty sure you need to update all Z170 mobos before using them with kaby lake chips.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

Do you need to update the BIOS for your mobo? I'm pretty sure you need to update all Z170 mobos before using them with kaby lake chips.

But how do you update without being able to get into the bios?

Yep, perfect time to flash them. Some boards have a button for that purpose, check your manual. If not just pull the battery off the motherboard, keep it off for a few minutes. 

1 minute ago, bob51zhang said:

This... sorry, missed that.

This... sorry, missed that.

Is there a way to fix? or should i just get a motherboard with z270 chipset

3 minutes ago, RevoHD said:

Is there a way to fix? or should i just get a motherboard with z270 chipset

If you want to use all the features of Kabylake you'll need a z270 board, but that's a lot of money to spend just for that. 

Do you still have a Skylake CPU you could use? If you do use the Skylake CPU to update the bios for the Kabylake CPU. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

If you want to use all the features of Kabylake you'll need a z270 board, but that's a lot of money to spend just for that. 

Do you still have a Skylake CPU you could use? If you do use the Skylake CPU to update the bios for the Kabylake CPU. 

I do not have a skylake cpu.....

Did you sell it? Ether/or you may need to track one down, or have a PC shop update the bios for you. 

Did you sell it? Ether/or you may need to track one down, or have a PC shop update the bios for you. 

cant i just buy a z270 board and return the z170?

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

If that's an option, yes. Do that. 

Ok will do! Is there a chance that the cpu could have been burnt because of this error? i saw one video where the guy said it did 

35 minutes ago, RevoHD said:

Ok will do! Is there a chance that the cpu could have been burnt because of this error? i saw one video where the guy said it did 

It's highly, highly unlikely that a fresh intel CPU off the assembly line is burnt. If you don't have a skylake CPU, find a friend who does, or take it to a computer shop to update for you.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

9 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

It's highly, highly unlikely that a fresh intel CPU off the assembly line is burnt. If you don't have a skylake CPU, find a friend who does, or take it to a computer shop to update for you.

Yea i just decided to buy a new motherboard just for the sake of "future proofing" (even thought the next gen intel chips will be based off another chipset) but i appreciate it!