This will help all you bf4 players :) How to fix frame dips!! And boost fps in most games :)

upliftsleet1974

My results:

Bioshock Infinite (Very High preset 2560x1440) before unparking (I had 3 cores parked apparently):

Average FPS: 136.08

Min FPS: 19.92

Max FPS: 307.39

Bioshock Infinite (Very High preset 2560x1440) after unparking:

Average FPS: 135.94

Min FPS: 19.85

Max FPS: 422.78

Novabench before unparking:

86Rdsla.png

Novabench after unparking:

TmQ63PP.png

Full specs:

Core i7 3770 non K OC @ 4.3Ghz using base clock

16gb TridentX dual channel OC @ 2133mhz

2x reference HIS 7970's Xfired

GA-Z77X-UD3H

Sandisk Extreme II for Win7 OS and Novabnech install

Samsung 840 Pro for Bioshock infinite install

Also made sure that all benchmarks where made under exactly the same software circumstances (no unnecessary programs or processes were running the background)

Sorry guise, I don't have BF4.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

My results:

Bioshock Infinite before unparking (I had 3 cores parked apparently):

Average FPS: 136.08

Min FPS: 19.92

Max FPS: 307.39

Bioshock Infinite after unparking:

Average FPS: 135.94

Min FPS: 19.85

Max FPS: 422.78

Novabench before unparking:

86Rdsla.png

Novabench after unparking:

TmQ63PP.png

Full specs:

Core i7 3770 non K OC @ 4.3Ghz using base clock

16gb TridentX dual channel OC @ 2133mhz

2x reference HIS 7970's Xfired

GA-Z77X-UD3H

Sandisk Extreme II for Win7 OS and Novabnech install

Samsung 840 Pro for Bioshock infinite install

Thanks this confirms the total BS, ths looked like. ÀIts for people with dile cores not going at their max frequencies.

So guys, nothing else to see here if my cpu runs at max clock speed while playing bf4?

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Does your 2600k run at full clock speed all the time now that you've unparked the cores?

Yes, unparked Its whole life, It's being run overclocked to varying levels.

When I first got it in this house (the last 2 months) I cranked it to 4.8ghz. Right now its @ 4.0ghz

I also disabled C states, but kept C1e open for my 1.6ghz on idle to remain active...

1.6ghz up to 4.0ghz, not 2-5 steps inbetween. System has never crashed due to CPU instability.

They all will eventually load up when being used 100% from say... stress testing CPU apps.

All the overclocks everyone has done, work fine on parked CPU's, because they do unpark on heavy activity.

Problem is, when games do not load them that much ie: 20-40% across 2 CPU's, if it has enough power, it won't activate the dormant ones losing performance.

Another thing people seem to be forgetting... this unparking is for LOW LOADING APPS, stresstesting apps WILL HEAVILY load the CPU, parked cores WILL unpark regardless showing NO IMPROVEMENT

Some programs test in ways others do not. So your obviously not seeing the results others are, may be due to what your using.

The less intensive the application, the better unparked cores are.... The heavier use programs will unpark cores naturally.

Thats why your not seeing improvement, your pushing it to unpark anyway, you need an application that runs, but keeps the CPU parked, so when you disable parking, it gains in performance.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Alright, so unparking doesn't affect stress test situations, good to know.  

Another thing people seem to be forgetting... this unparking is for LOW LOADING APPS, stresstesting apps WILL HEAVILY load the CPU, parked cores WILL unpark regardless showing NO IMPROVEMENT

I know that while I'm running BF4 on my 3930k, the program evenly uses all of my threads, but does not max any of them out.  To me, this suggests that this might be a "low-loading" application, in the sense that they do not use the full capability of each core.  It may be that unparking does affect BF4 performance, someone with more time than I have should look into this, methinks.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

For the people doing the modification in the BIOS for an intel CPU, do you disable speedstep and all C states ? Also, will it completely disable the fact that the CPU power down its clock speed and stuff at idle ?

It still down clocks just not in game and in programs!!

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Alright, so unparking doesn't affect stress test situations, good to know.  

I know that while I'm running BF4 on my 3930k, the program evenly uses all of my threads, but does not max any of them out.  To me, this suggests that this might be a "low-loading" application, in the sense that they do not use the full capability of each core.  It may be that unparking does affect BF4 performance, someone with more time than I have should look into this, methinks.  

It seems to affect amd cpus a lot more i.e. fx6300 like I have as it sits at about 65%-85% in bf4!!

So to keep it short the more cores you have the more it will help (This is just what I have seen and is not true in all cases)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Thanks this confirms the total BS, ths looked like. ÀIts for people with dile cores not going at their max frequencies.

So guys, nothing else to see here if my cpu runs at max clock speed while playing bf4?

This is the most helpful if you have a lot of cores like an 8350 or 6300 as your cpu will not be at full load!!

Your cpu clocks dip up and down as the load dips up and down so this may still help :)

Tried unparking, Didn't stop the stutter.   Game runs anywhere from 40 to 90FPS beautifully maxed out, Still stutters every couple of seconds,  Last ditch i guess is to use Realmwares editor and turn off some hidden stuff and see what happens.

Tried unparking, Didn't stop the stutter.   Game runs anywhere from 40 to 90FPS beautifully maxed out, Still stutters every couple of seconds,  Last ditch i guess is to use Realmwares editor and turn off some hidden stuff and see what happens.

Try running on low settings....

I have a rig kinda like you and that is what I have to do the 6300 is just not keeping up!

Figured it out.  Friend said to set BF4.exe to Low priority in Task manager,  Now i'm running Ultra maxed out 2xAA at 40-80fps, No stutters even on the most intensive maps.   I do believe unparking gave me a bit of a framerate boost as well.

Does this really work? i'm pretty sure once BF3/4 decides I need CPU power Windows will just give it to the application.

It gives power under full load parked or not....

But this helps keep it smooth...So it can get power even when you are not at full load!!  

Does this really give a lot more FPS?

On 64p server it helps a lot, but remember that this increases the power consumption of the system and you lose the Haswell power saving features.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Dude, if it didn't work for some people, stop trying to persuade them that it worked.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Dude, if it didn't work for some people, stop trying to persuade them that it worked.

My CPU can already hit 100% load just fine and I have never had performance issues. i don't think this does anything unless you have power savings on.

Personally I see this as a better alternative than cores turning on and off while doing tasks that "vary CPU usage", while delays in on and off states are minimal, who knows how many stutters in gaming are actually caused by some of these transitions.

Whether its placebo or not, I'm ok leaving them unparked, that being said, I'd not use this on long idle time laptops, only desktops.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz