Monitor looks "dirty" but isn't

Go to solution Solved by EthanCGamer,

You are correct, there is dirt behind the filter. However, i would not take it apart unless you were in a clean room. Opening that up will introduce more dust and dirt, and you may not be able to reassemble it due to the way they are initially sealed. I wouldn't worry about it, and if it really bothers you try contacting Asus.

I've an Asus laptop here, and I've come across a strange problem. When the screen is on and light colours are shown, it looks like there is dirt on the monitor(see pictures), but the monitor itself is completely clean, I cleaned it thoroughly and literally inspected it with a magnifying glass and there are no dents or blemishes or anything visible whatsoever in the problem spots (a small bit, and a sort of vertical line of sorts of dirty looking spots, highlighted in photo). It doesn't look like dead pixels, especially in that pattern. Is it possible for there to be some sort of dirt inside the panel? One of the worst things in my opinion is a dirty screen, so this is bothering me quite a bit. as it doesn't look like a pixel problem, I'm debating disassembling and carefully removing the anti-glare filter, and very carefully cleaning, but I don't know if it's worth it/would help.

Anyone have any ideas?

I can't afford to replace the panel at all, so if there's nothing I can do I'll just have to deal with it, but I am comfortable disassembling the panel. 

photo_2017-01-12_15-15-50.jpg

photo_2017-01-12_15-15-56.jpg

edit.jpg

You are correct, there is dirt behind the filter. However, i would not take it apart unless you were in a clean room. Opening that up will introduce more dust and dirt, and you may not be able to reassemble it due to the way they are initially sealed. I wouldn't worry about it, and if it really bothers you try contacting Asus.

There is an external covering over the bare lcd. It seems that dust or something has gotten in between the two. You should be able to take off the bezel and clean both the Bare led and the protective covering. DO NOT use cleaning solutions like bleach and windex as they will permenantly damage your display good old water or lens wipes are your best bet. 

I would try contacting Asus or somewho is qualified in replacing screen filaments

The geek himself.

4 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

There is an external covering over the bare lcd. It seems that dust or something has gotten in between the two. You should be able to take off the bezel and clean both the Bare led and the protective covering. DO NOT use cleaning solutions like bleach and windex as they will permenantly damage your display good old water or lens wipes are your best bet. 

This might be an alright idea, but it doesn't look like there is a "covering" other than the anti-glare filter. 

3 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

I would try contacting Asus or somewho is qualified in replacing screen filaments

It's well out of warranty and I can't afford to outright pay them for the repair. 

14 minutes ago, EthanCGamer said:

I've taken the anti-glare fliter off of other monitors before, but they were external monitors. Do you think it'd be different? I don't plan on replacing it, and just leaving it without the filter so it's glossy.