Asus Pg278q vs BenQ ZOWIE XL2730 and 2730z

vramnik7

Hey all so I saw some ppl said the asus one is rly bad and isn't worth the extra cash I don't know about zowie like I use an benq product for 3 years now is awesome but I need to step up to 144hz and 1440p gaming current rl2455hm model

If any1 have good reviews on those monitor will be awesome thanks ;)

well make ur dreams come true

21 minutes ago, vramnik7 said:

Hey all so I saw some ppl said the asus one is rly bad and isn't worth the extra cash I don't know about zowie like I use an benq product for 3 years now is awesome but I need to step up to 144hz and 1440p gaming current rl2455hm model

If any1 have good reviews on those monitor will be awesome thanks ;)

I own the Asus PG278Q and I love it. I paid out the ass for it, at the time around $800, but that was around two years ago and it's been a solid investment. As with most TN panels, its viewing angles are trash however this model has very accurate RGB for a TN and comes very close to its IPS cousin in terms of color reproduction. The 144Hz is great and can be toggled from 60Hz and 120Hz, so I don't have to fiddle with a setting I just press a button. And 1440p is awesome; I thought coming from 1080p it wouldn't be much of a difference but it's night and day.

It ain't perfect though; the bleed around the edges is noticeable when the screen is all black, and the color profile out the box is garbage. I downloaded one off the Internet and once applied colors were solid. It's expensive and there are other monitors less expensive that'll do the same job. But as a monitor, it did what it advertised and so far Asus's quality has been unmatched and is the reason I keep buying from them. I pay the tax but for what I'm getting, I can shell out a couple bucks more. Good luck with your choice.

Not sure if you're a fan of Linus and his reviews but check out his if you haven't: 

2 minutes ago, Stylized_Violence said:

I own the Asus PG278Q and I love it. I paid out the ass for it, at the time around $800, but that was around two years ago and it's been a solid investment. As with most TN panels, its viewing angles are trash however this model has very accurate RGB for a TN and comes very close to its IPS cousin in terms of color reproduction. The 144Hz is great and can be toggled from 60Hz and 120Hz, so I don't have to fiddle with a setting I just press a button. And 1440p is awesome; I thought coming from 1080p it wouldn't be much of a difference but it's night and day.

It ain't perfect though; the bleed around the edges is noticeable when the screen is all black, and the color profile out the box is garbage. I downloaded one off the Internet and once applied colors were solid. It's expensive and there are other monitors less expensive that'll do the same job. But as a monitor, it did what it advertised and so far Asus's quality has been unmatched and is the reason I keep buying from them. I pay the tax but for what I'm getting, I can shell out a couple bucks more. Good luck with your choice.

Not sure if you're a fan of Linus and his reviews but check out his if you haven't: 

Yeah buddy ofc I watch him back in the days then he makes reviews on the old werehouse and stuff its awesome I saw the video but I cant decide still its awesome the asus 1 G sync and all but all the ppl said its not worth it like it died it has dead pixels and more bad stuff I love it when I look it but wtf is that wrong with it damn me

well make ur dreams come true

7 minutes ago, vramnik7 said:

Yeah buddy ofc I watch him back in the days then he makes reviews on the old werehouse and stuff its awesome I saw the video but I cant decide still its awesome the asus 1 G sync and all but all the ppl said its not worth it like it died it has dead pixels and more bad stuff I love it when I look it but wtf is that wrong with it damn me

Dead pixels are a risk with ANY monitor purchase. There's just no way a company can ship thousands of these things around the world and all them be perfect. Mine happened to be so I got lucky.