Are you serious GTX 1080?!

TonyTheNain
26 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

ohhhh yeah sure...no SHIT!!

you sold it 2 days ago and you're asking for help about this PC right now...LOL :P

Lol...Sells computer in description...Creates thread computer in description is not working right.

My 1080 runs fine with BF1.  I am getting bottle-necked with the 6600k, but it runs just fine.  I would say uninstall GFE, and if that is a GSYNC monitor...make sure it is enabled properly in the NVCP.

Fractal Design Define C | Intel Core i7 7700k | Corsair H100i V2 | Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 | Seasonic Prime 750 | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X
16gb G.Skill Trident Z | Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 500gb | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Razer Death Adder Chroma | Razer Firefly | Dell U2515H

11 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

I can't answer a phone call right now. Only texts

image.png

image.png

alright texting right now.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

alright texting right now.

Just now, Fourmi_Killer said:

alright then, this prove that the ad is YOURS...im half sorry about that.

so you're not at home or something? why can't you post a picture of the machine with this thread?

i'd start by monitoring what is running in the background, and monitor GPU usage while gaming and see if the graphics card is getting fed and if it's working hard.

Also i would monitor CPU and GPU temps making sure no throttling is going on.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

alright then, this prove that the ad is YOURS...im half sorry about that.

so you're not at home or something? why can't you post a picture of the machine with this thread?

i'd start by monitoring what is running in the background, and monitor GPU usage while gaming and see if the graphics card is getting fed and if it's working hard.

Also i would monitor CPU and GPU temps making sure no throttling is going on.

Because as you said, I'm not home.

The programs running in the background are most of the time Uplay, Steam, Chrome and Skype. I'll monitor all that while playing both GTA V and Battlefield 1 and then give results.

10 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

Because as you said, I'm not home.

The programs running in the background are most of the time Uplay, Steam, Chrome and Skype. I'll monitor all that while playing both GTA V and Battlefield 1 and then give results.

you might have a virus or something going on eating ressources in the background...

if you're sure you did the DDU driver removal alright and installed new drivers and GPU is fed 99% load and CPU is not pinned or anything like that, and temps are fine and everything then i think the next step would be a boot drive format and clean install of windows...

how much do you want for this machine btw?

OC your CPU to about 4.4GHz and see if that helps. If yes it could be that the GPU is throttling because it is not getting the needed info fast enough.

How high are your settings btw? Also do your game settings manual instead of with Geforce experience. Note here that on very high settings in GTA V you get around 60 fps only. Could be driver support has improved it a bit, but not to 144Hz atleast.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

23 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

you might have a virus or something going on eating ressources in the background...

if you're sure you did the DDU driver removal alright and installed new drivers and GPU is fed 99% load and CPU is not pinned or anything like that, and temps are fine and everything then i think the next step would be a boot drive format and clean install of windows...

how much do you want for this machine btw?

I was planning on doing the fresh install but i wasn't sure if it was an option that could fix the issues. And i don't think i can have any sort of virus. I check frequently my programs and didn't notice anything wrong in them. 

I was asking for 2850 CAD. Do you have a better price? x)

4 minutes ago, Gonio said:

OC your CPU to about 4.4GHz and see if that helps. If yes it could be that the GPU is throttling because it is not getting the needed info fast enough.

How high are your settings btw? Also do your game settings manual instead of with Geforce experience. Note here that on very high settings in GTA V you get around 60 fps only. Could be driver support has improved it a bit, but not to 144Hz atleast.

Usually, every settings are set at their maximum. But now i need to set them at the performance of a 980m. 

For the OC, if something go wrong, how do i reset the overclock? 

1 minute ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

I was planning on doing the fresh install but i wasn't sure if it was an option that could fix the issues. And i don't think i can have any sort of virus. I check frequently my programs and didn't notice anything wrong in them. 

I was asking for 2850 CAD. Do you have a better price? x)

haha well i was hoping for 1800$ at which price i would have took it off you hands but i'll have to pass i don't really need a better rig anyways mine is still adequate for my gaming :) (i know the machine is worth at least 2500$ used...CPU alone is like 800 or 900$CAD right?)

but yeah, for your issue start by monitoring CPU and GPU usage...CPU and GPU temps...what is running in the background and what is using CPU ressources etc...DDU you do a clean driver uninstall in safe mode and install fresh driver from nvidia etc.
And if all fail and you know hardware is fine, temps are fine, PC does not hang up or crash or anything it's just gaming performance is low then it would be most likely a software issue that a clean OS and programs install would likely fix.

4 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

You just go back into the bios and reset it back to the default values. Usually there's a hotkey of some kind for it to load into defaults. Or use the jumper on the motherboard.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

3 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

Usually, every settings are set at their maximum. But now i need to set them at the performance of a 980m. 

A 980m won't get that performance on those settings :)

Just safe the current profile as standard on your BIOS. With OC you have to get a stable system first by just trying it out, but would say you don't have to adjust crazy settings in this case besides voltage and multiplier. Once you have a stable OC, safe it as a different profile and try the game. If it helps great, if not no harm done, and if you want no OC at all just reload the standard profile.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

haha well i was hoping for 1800$ at which price i would have took it off you hands but i'll have to pass i don't really need a better rig anyways mine is still adequate for my gaming :) (i know the machine is worth at least 2500$ used...CPU alone is like 800 or 900$CAD right?)

but yeah, for your issue start by monitoring CPU and GPU usage...CPU and GPU temps...what is running in the background and what is using CPU ressources etc...DDU you do a clean driver uninstall in safe mode and install fresh driver from nvidia etc.
And if all fail and you know hardware is fine, temps are fine, PC does not hang up or crash or anything it's just gaming performance is low then it would be most likely a software issue that a clean OS and programs install would likely fix.

Yeah CPU is that price.

I'll do all that and if everything is okay with the programs and etc, i'll do a fresh Windows installation

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

A 980m won't get that performance on those settings :)

Just safe the current profile as standard on your BIOS. With OC you have to get a stable system first by just trying it out, but would say you don't have to adjust crazy settings in this case besides voltage and multiplier. Once you have a stable OC, safe it as a different profile and try the game. If it helps great, if not no harm done, and if you want no OC at all just reload the standard profile.

My 980m is on my laptop. I did not say it was on max settings. I just said that my desktop is working just as a laptop. Or something with that power x)

And alright! I'll try this out too!

1 hour ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

Mine can't even run the games when i optimize them with Geforce Experience

Dont use Geforce Experience to optimize your games. Its awful and often puts MSSA X8 and AA X16 and silly things that destroy your FPS. I ignore it and find settings in game that work for me. Dont expect a single 1080 to "max" out all settings in AAA games @ 1440p. It cant.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

36 minutes ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

with BF1 make sure the resolution scalling is set to 100%

for GTA 5 make sure the ''advanced graphics'' options are not turned all the way up...reflection MSAA should also be set to OFF...grass quality should be set to HIGH...those are the major performance killer and they CAN bring down a GTX 1080 to it's knees.

5 hours ago, Gonio said:

So I overclocked the processor to 4.4 GHz as you told me to. But here is the thing: it give me a blue screen with this error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, directly on startup. I suspect an overheat of the CPU because of the OC but I'm not sure if it's the reason or there is another one. I've put it back at its stock 3.6 GHz.

1 hour ago, Fourmi_Killer said:

So I overclocked the processor to 4.4 GHz as you told me to. But here is the thing: it give me a blue screen with this error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, directly on startup. I suspect an overheat of the CPU because of the OC but I'm not sure if it's the reason or there is another one. I've put it back at its stock 3.6 GHz.

it's not overheating with that cooler you have on it...the thing is when you overclock you have to add more voltage in order to get the CPU stable again...this is why it,s generation more heat and using more power...if you leave voltages on Auto it will crash with such an overclock...you can probably get aways with 3.8ghz with auto voltage or something like that...but for 4.4ghz you're likely to need something around 1.3 or 1.32v...

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

it's not overheating with that cooler you have on it...the thing is when you overclock you have to add more voltage in order to get the CPU stable again...this is why it,s generation more heat and using more power...if you leave voltages on Auto it will crash with such an overclock...you can probably get aways with 3.8ghz with auto voltage or something like that...but for 4.4ghz you're likely to need something around 1.3 or 1.32v...

So if i put the voltage manually to this, there should be no problem?

So if i put the voltage manually to this, there should be no problem?

it's trial and error...i would start at 4.2ghz with 1.3v and stress test the CPU a bit...monitor temps and see if that is stable first...if it is you can then either increase core clock...or decrease voltage depending on temps and what performance goals you have in mind.

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

it's trial and error...i would start at 4.2ghz with 1.3v and stress test the CPU a bit...monitor temps and see if that is stable first...if it is you can then either increase core clock...or decrease voltage depending on temps and what performance goals you have in mind.

I'll test it!

I'll test it!

so long as it's stays bellow 85c when testing and bellow 1.35v it's safe.

you could go up to 1.4v if your temps are very good...but usually you hit a wall at around 1.35v anyways...where you can't get faster even by adding more volts.

1 minute ago, lettuce head said:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA GET ANNIHILATED!

Uhm... It's not part of the actuality anymore... Everything has been proven and it isn't fake..

2 minutes ago, lettuce head said:

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHA GET ANNIHILATED!

it's his computer though even though it seemed like it was a troll at first he is legit :P

i had to apologize to him and now i'm helping him :( hehe

15991874_993098647463070_108780562_o.jpg