Budget quad monitor setup for 82$ U.S.

doomsriker

I am a college student on a budget, but I wanted an epic 4 monitor setup for multitasking. I could have blown all my food money and picked up 4 4k monitors brand new. Or, I could have picked up 4 480i CRTs for almost free.I decided instead to look for the best used monitors i could find as cheap as possible. This method took a while, but many trips to my local salvation army and hours of monitoring craigslist later and I picked up the following [top] dell P2012H (13$),

dell 2709W (9$), [left/right] dell p1911 (60$ for the pair). I think all these monitors were exceptionally good deals especially the center display. Let me know what you think.

IMG_4222.JPG

Well played, for this money you cant get much better, if you like something more hing end, i suggest bidding on Ebay, they can be worth the time.

4 minutes ago, FallenDark7 said:

Well played, for this money you cant get much better, if you like something more hing end, i suggest bidding on Ebay, they can be worth the time.

Thanks for the tip.

Wow, awesome deals you got there. To make it even better, if they are all VESA compatible I would look into getting a very flexible 4-arm stand so that you can align them in a square (or however you choose).

Evga GTX 1080 SC ACX | Ryzen 5600X | MSI Tomahawk B550 | 16GB Vengeance 3600MHz | EVGA 650P2 | HAF X | WD SN850X | Asus MG287Q 1440p 144Hz

1 minute ago, treeroy said:

Wow, awesome deals you got there. To make it even better, if they are all VESA compatible I would look into getting a very flexible 4-arm stand so that you can align them in a square (or however you choose).

They are all VESA compatible luckily so I could invest in a mount at some point. 

13 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

They are all VESA compatible luckily so I could invest in a mount at some point. 

Friend of mine actually built a vesa mount for cheap. Don't remember exactly how he did it, but he essentially used PVC pipes connected to brackets attached to the vesa mount. All completed, it looked pretty good and was quite solid. It even supports some of the basic adjustments, such as height and tilt. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

3 minutes ago, bgibbz said:

Friend of mine actually built a vesa mount for cheap. Don't remember exactly how he did it, but he essentially used PVC pipes connected to brackets attached to the vesa mount. All completed, it looked pretty good and was quite solid. It even supports some of the basic adjustments, such as height and tilt. 

Wow fancy.