CRYORIG H7 OR H45 CORSAIR

IAR117

Definitaly Cryorig!! AIOs tend to be very lound in comparison to well made CPU coolers which the Cryorig is. Also a single fan AIO, I don't know... 

But I prefer a silent system which might deliver a bit higher temps than a loud low temp build anytime!

Forgot to add no ocing and going to be paired with a 4790

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

no ocing and going to be paired with a 4790

Then the case is clear to me! The fans will be running on very low speed anyways because they are build to deliver cooling for higher temperatures. So you probably won't hear them at all and the air cooler also might power off in idle. The pump of the AIO on the other hand has to run the whole time which makes it very loud!

7 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

The Cryorig H7 is nearly silent at idle, while it spins with 350rpm. At load (GTA V, Cities:Skylines, Fallout 4, etc. we are talking about 800rpm at max while still not that noticeable). But have in mind, that my case air flow is nearly maxed out when gaming, so they are making the noise instead. My stupid HDD in a dampener is much louder (therefore to be repaced).

SilentOcean

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC Gaming ACX 3.0 MB: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, RAM: Corsair XMS3 4x4GB RAM, Storage: Samsung Evo 840 SSD@120GB, Samsung Evo 850 SSD@1TB, Intel 535 SSD@240GB PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Cooling: Cryorig H7, 2xFractal Design GP-14, 1xNoctua NF-A14 FLX OS: Windows 10 Home

8 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Then you don't need anything expensive

H7 is really quite get that. I agree with @annoyingmoments too

You don't need lower temps anyway

The Cryorig for sure. But spend a bit more and get a Scythe Fuma. Then you have all of it.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

H7 is great, I have it and its very quiet and I can get stable overclocks at good temps (tho you said you are not ocing) so def. H7.

Apples to oranges, to be honest. You're comparing a $35 tower-style air cooler to a 120mm All-in-one watercooling loop.

The Cryorig H7 is better value while the H55 performs better. They're both quiet, but the real deciding factor is what you can tolerate more; fan noise or pump noise. The H55 has both with the pump and the 120mm fan on its radiator, so it might not be as quiet as you think.

Also, the air cooler is likely to last longer. 

Are you limited to only those coolers? The Kotetsu would be a good alternative that performs similarly to the H45 or even a bit better and is easily quieter than it or the H7. https://www.alternate.co.uk/Scythe/Kotetsu/html/product/1113241?lk=4549

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Any quiet cooler recommendations under 40 pounds are welcome

2 hours ago, Gonio said:

The Cryorig for sure. But spend a bit more and get a Scythe Fuma. Then you have all of it.

Will the fuma be quieter as it is 5 pounds more

A non-K 4790 will be a piece of cake to keep cool and quiet even with just a Hyper 212 EVO.

1 hour ago, IAR117 said:

Any quiet cooler recommendations under 40 pounds are welcome

Shadow Rock LP?

2 hours ago, IAR117 said:

The Fuma is quieter than either the H45 or H7.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, IAR117 said:

Yup as WM mentioned it is + also better performing. it is trading blows with even the top Noctua's. Currently my favorite aircooler and imo the very best considering price performance.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

I'm probably going to go for the scythe fuma, as it does seem like the best option. Thanks to all who have replied.